Cheating Baloney

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Rcbauer Augur

They're not using the same 'IP address'.

VPNs are a thing.
  2. Gnothappening Augur

This is why I said the average player can't spot cheating. Maybe that is one person, maybe it is several, either way someone doesn't like them and reports them and shows a photo of toons in POK as proof. TBH I'm wondering what kind of 24/7 botter is in PoK every day.

Announcing enhanced GM support was a mistake.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that is your claim, but there is no evidence in that picture that it is that server or that it is the same person behind all of those accounts. There is no way for anyone to verify what you are claiming either.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is what I don't get, why would a botter bother to afk their toons in PoK in the first place?
  5. Rhythar Augur

That photo is NOT proof of botting. I don't see why any player or GM would think it was.
  6. Rhythar Augur

If I could post more detailed images/video in this forum, I would. If you don't believe my claim, you are able to verify it yourself by spending time on Aradune.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You seem to be indicating that it is proof that DBG doesn't care about it when it doesn't prove anything in your claim. There is zero evidence in what you posted of what server it is from or who is behind all those characters. You claim it is all the same person but you have nothing to back up your claim.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And images/videos will never be able to prove who is behind the characters are the same person. Sure they might give you questions about it but they can't be used to verify anything and we as players don't have the tools to get the actual data to verify the claim.
  9. Gnothappening Augur

You literally said "You don't gotta police SG to see the SG Botter:" and then posted the picture. If that wasn't what you were implying, then why say that?
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  10. Rhythar Augur

The SG Botter has been well established as a massive cheater on Aradune. The company has even taken action against him in the past. If you doubt that my picture is a picture of him, you will have to investigate the matter yourself.
  11. Rhythar Augur

You can see the SG Botter in PoK every day.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And a picture of toons standing in PoK with no way of identifying who they are or what server they are on is not proof of anything. That is also ignoring the fact that you have no way to prove that they are all played from the same location or IP. Sure you can make some guesses based on what you see but you can't prove anything as you don't have access to the tools/data to do that.
  13. Rhythar Augur

A picture of the biggest cheater on the server in plain sight is evidence of unethical business practices.

As far as whether the picture is what I say it is, you CAN verify that by spending time on Aradune. You don't need any special tools. You need time and a willingness to use your brain.
  14. Captain Video Augur

No. I play on Aradone, I spend time in PoK on Aradune, and I don't see what you keep claiming you see. The image just looks like members of a guild gathering at the beginning of a raid session. Since when do botters use familiars with their toons??
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  15. Rhythar Augur

Identifying unfamiliar cheaters in PoK requires paying attention for at least several days. I'm sure many people walk past the biggest cheater on the server on a daily basis without even realizing it.
  16. a_librarian Augur

you may just not be very bright. The screenshot he posted is the bind point of some of the bots in SG. They've bound at these exact spots since PoK opened and just didn't move when the majority moved into the lobby. I was in SG a couple days ago for the Enc 1.5 and saw these particular characters corpses in the siren castle which explains why they're at their bind instead of actively running there.

It's painfully obvious that a bunch of guildless anon 70s rocking chardok gear and permanently at their PoK binds aren't regular players.
    Vumad and Rhythar like this.
  17. a_librarian Augur

I think most of these bots are sitting idle in PoK at this point because they've essentially made all the money they are going to make from aradune at this point. The plat dupes and massive amount of tradeable raid loot on mischief ruined their business so they can't make money there. They're just idling until the next server opens where they can go put their 100+ active automated accounts to work.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

Man...just go play the game. You're spending days analyzing other characters positions and getting really upset about it. Go kill some orcs or something. If they are standing AFK for hours on end how are they ruining the economy or whatever? They arent even doing anything.
  19. MBear Augur

I've seen people get really upset and say very unkind things to me when they see me cheating and can't do anything about it.

Many who care about that sort of thing do find it pretty frustrating to see obvious cheaters not getting dealt with.
  20. dentalplan lisa needs braces

The mass botting in SG isn't really up for debate, anyone can make a character and go see for themselves, and the guy who does it is known and talks about it openly on other forums. I don't really understand the rhetorical exercise of coming to the forums and trying to be skeptical about it.