Test Update 03/01/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Angahran Augur

Just an off the wall idea, how about an option to set it so that if you click 'yes' on the rez box it automatically sends you to your corpse ?
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Personally, I prefer the current system. There are times where I accept the rez but don't want to respawn immediately (e.g. raid AEs occurring). Changing it so it automatically selects the rez option in the window after accepting one is the perfect middle ground, in my opinion.
  3. minimind The Village Idiot

And from hereon out, I'm referring to it as the 23nd anniversary.
  4. bobokatt Augur

Thank you TrueNorth. Fixed everything. That was so helpful. You are most kind for that effort to explain the changes and how to fix it. Cheers.
    Metanis likes this.
  5. minimind The Village Idiot

Love this. I'll finally be able to take my wife through the entire raid and help her experience it. =)

Nice!

And I'm just about at Max AA again, so this will be a welcomed boost when I start buying glyphs.

From someone who made the erroneous selection a number of times in a rush during a mid-raid rez, thank you.

Respite!

Question: Would this happen to affect the probability of getting a Frosty Gem of Enhanced Protection to drop from Miragul's Menagerie: Frozen Nightmare (Raid)?
  6. Angahran Augur

With these changes it appears it is no longer possible to show the buff name with our buffs ?

e.g.
    Code:
    <Label item="BW_Buff0_Label">
    <ScreenID>Buff0Label</ScreenID>
    [B]<EQType>500</EQType>[/B]
    <Font>1</Font>
    <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
    <Location>
    <X>0</X>
    <Y>11</Y>
    </Location>
    <Size>
    <CX>202</CX>
    <CY>12</CY>
    </Size>
    <Text/>
    <TextColor>
    <R>240</R>
    <G>240</G>
    <B>0</B>
    </TextColor>
    <NoWrap>true</NoWrap>
    <AlignCenter>false</AlignCenter>
    <AlignRight>true</AlignRight>
    </Label>
    And no longer possible to adjust positioning of buffs in the window ?

Code:
    <Button item="BW_Buff0_Button">
    <ScreenID>Buff0</ScreenID>
    <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
    <Location>
    <X>234</X>
    <Y>6</Y>
    </Location>
    <Size>
    <CX>26</CX>
    <CY>26</CY>
    </Size>
    <Template>BDT_BlueBuff</Template>
    <DecalOffset>
    <X>1</X>
    <Y>1</Y>
    </DecalOffset>
    <DecalSize>
    <CX>24</CX>
    <CY>24</CY>
    </DecalSize>
    </Button>
    Tallie and zleski like this.
  7. bobokatt Augur

As far as I can see... correct. With the changes and the way to fix it, at least with my limited knowledge, no. However, after 20 years of this, I do not (at least for me) miss or need the names of the buffs. I have them permanently burned into my retina. The only time I need to check is the actual time left on the buffs...which still show up clearly bottom right of the buff... or if I really need to, hover the mouse over.
    If there was a way in the past to actually MOVE buffs to a different location on the bar.... heck I never knew that!
  8. Leigo You come here often?

[IMG]
    Here's an example of what the changes look like for my UI. This is the Sparxx UI. Will we be able to list buffs like I had prior to the update? Looking to hopefully get this working before live is updated.
    Cyphren, Hobitses, Silvena and 5 others like this.
  9. Santrigan Lorekeeper

Perhaps it's a stealth nerf or has been deactivated to keep necro dps in line?
    chaotic power proc works it just doesn't stack with hand of death aa, so there is no reason for a necromancer to nuke during a burn with current 120 spells set, which is sad because the synergy proc helps other nuke/dot classes in group.

Blood Magic was never returned to 13 minute cooldown after AA consolidation, it has been 18 minutes now for 4 or 5 expansions? But with rising mana costs and hi dps raids 13 minute cooldown on blood magic would be nice to have again.
  10. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Well, I can see why you are truing these up, but the 3 hour replay was much more favorable for grouping. It's been MUCH harder finding folks available now that people can run them half as often. The 3 hour window was GREAT. Is the team open to considering the shorter window again?
  11. Angahran Augur

This is what my UI looks like on live currently, with the staggered buff and sd buff windows.
    From what I have seen so far this will no longer be possible.
    1. We can no longer show the spell names.
    2. We can no longer adjust the position of individual buff slots.

[IMG]
    Tallie and Nudia like this.
  12. Nudia Augur

I was able to move stuff a little bit and get somewhat close to where it was before, but cannot get where it was.

Because the data types need to be referenced for the label, I can place the text there, but this leaves me unable to click anything but the icon to remove the buff. I am amateur at this, but suspect I can get things to LOOK identical, with enough time invested, but they will not behave the same.

Old vs. New
    [IMG]

Is there any way to reconsider this change? This is going to drastically change UIs for a lot of people and require a ton of work to get things "close enough" - full functionality does not appear to be retrievable.
    Cyphren, RPoo, Xeladom and 2 others like this.
  13. Leigo You come here often?

14. Sup Rog Elder

No, Chaotic power does not work on spells over 115(well fully work), they STILL haven't updated the Chaotic power to the next level!!!! This is a HUGE issue and needs to be resolved. Come on they fix Funeral pyre,which no one uses really, over this? Please address this issue, thanks! They need to add Chaotic Power XI.

Level 120 spell
    Proclamation for Blood Recourse 0 0s 0s - n/a Single 1: Cast: Chaotic Power X (25% Chance) (v340)
    Chaotic Power X 0s 0s 60s+ n/a Self Max Hits: 25 Matching Spells
    1: Increase Spell Damage by 60% to 190% (v124, Before DoT Crit, After Nuke Crit)
    2: Limit Max Level: 115 (lose 10% per level)
  15. Nudia Augur

Nice work and this confirms the direction I was going in, so I appreciate that. I am working on a different UI, though, and trying to replicate full function from prior, where the icon and text are both part of a button that is clickable, versus a clickable decal with text by it. Do you see any way to achieve that?

Edit: Cancel that. I see in yours what I was missing to restore mine as I wanted. Thank you!!!!!
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Angahran Augur

How about keep the 'templates' but DON'T remove the existing buff slot EQTYPE entries ?
    [IMG]
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. Nudia Augur

Allow both methods? Seems decent enough functionally, that would be nice.

Once I get my UI touched up (when I'm not on lunch), I'll try to brain storm, but I don't readily see a way to make this work the way your UI is setup. My buff window is similar to (nearly identical, with some bits missing, and may be a different version of) the one Leigo posted, allowing me to see the dumb thing I forgot in trying to fix my own completely.
  18. Jedis Arch Mage

Thank you for making this official.

Can you please consider increasing the time chests stay active (longer than 30 mins) and allow a raid leader to tweak the time in the raid window to stop these items from rolling out at the 15 min mark?

The additional loot is great, but makes it hard to get through everything in a timely manner, causing all sorts of chaos when items disappear, people looting the wrong aug because a lot of them look the same, trying to find the right chest, etc.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Hoping the mod authors update their stuff at eqinterface.com because I tried this and couldnt get it.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Angahran Augur

We're trying but some functionality is gone :(
    Svann2 likes this.