Guildes are going to be the worst in this TLP and here is why.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 8, 2021.

1. Lejaun Augur

I've always found it odd that guild leadership work for free. I've never had a problem with the top getting a little something extra if they are the ones herding up the flock of chickens and coordinating the raids. Seems kind of selfish to expect to get the exact same rewards that they do.

If a plat DKP guild makes 100k in a raid, and 5k goes to the leadership while 95k gets split amongst 60 raiders, I'm not going to cry about it. I either get 1583 plat or I get 1667 plat. Not a big deal and certainly worth me missing the hassle of directing people.
  2. Thrawnseg Augur

This has already been addressed in Faceless Virtue:

Will you take a cut off the top?
    The Guildbank/Leadrership team will take a 3% cut from the raid.

Upfront and right there for anyone to see in the information tab in the discord. All this work and they are taking a cut. It should be more honestly, but it's fair.
  3. Karreck Somebody

Because the truth eventually comes out. With so many eyes on the leadership core, and the inevitability of human error, it is only a matter of time before their actions are known. Besides, the vast majority of people who play MMO's don't have the patience, desire, time, or care to pull off the long con to the point where it is a valuable exercise.
    And those who do go and play EVE where such activities are encouraged.

And a final note, the absence of evidence does not constitute evidence.
  4. Magician9001 Augur

The lack of self awareness.
  5. Elite_raider Augur

After the backlash they finally come out and say it, they always planned to skim from the top. 3% of 1k Krono a week is 30 Krono a week, maybe that won't happen in kunrak, but Luclin and PoP, it will probably be way more with the what 600 members they have and 15 split all raids? You are probably talking close to 300 to 500 krono a month to the leadership. Well now all your members know, you were only in it to skim of them/rip them of. There is a reason why they chose % and not a set max min amount of Krono per month.......
  6. Demetri Augur

Strange, regardless, I can guarantee you're in a minority - I've seen people flip out using such on an open-raid because of a sub-1% error. Especially using a popular "bad accounting" number.

It's commonly understood to use 3's as multipliers in any type of embezzlement because people notice errors in base1/base2/base5/base10 very easily, but base3/base7 are abstract enough that most people cannot.(and before you ask for where 4/6/8/9 are... think about it...)
  7. Demetri Augur

This isn't to say I expect malfeasance - just stating I'm sure I'm not the only person that has some experience in what forensic accountants look for, which their choice of number will likely set off a few of those that do, especially the first time an error occurs.
  8. Thrawnseg Augur

Every GDKP takes a split. Mangler GDKP's took 1-2 shares per run, Altered Minds takes 1 share per run. It's the cost of doing business. They are upfront and if you don't like it, you don't have to join the guild. They aren't hiding it.

And if they are getting 1k krono a week, that means they had a ton of splits that needed led, accounted for, someone had to sell the krono, ect. Pretty sure skimming is taking without people knowing. This is the officer group getting paid to do the work.

According to the split sheet, they have around 300 members, so not sure where the 600 comes from.
  9. Karreck Somebody

It is clear that you do not understand what "The lack of evidence does not constitute evidence" means. I recommend that you take a Logic and Critical Thinking class at your local community college. You will learn a lot.
    I will give you a hint. What I have seen with guild leadership being trustworthy and honest is based on multiple points of evidence, including no evidence of wrongdoing. Your counter that "Well you've never seen it happening" does not counter all the data points of evidence on its own.
    The more you know.
  10. Magician9001 Augur

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAH this guy.
  11. Karreck Somebody

Pssssttt.....your ignorance is showing. You might want to cover that up before you embarrass yourself further.
  12. Magician9001 Augur

"The lack of evidence does not constitute evidence"
    "multiple points of evidence, including no evidence of wrongdoing."

You can't be serious
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I just don't get why guild leadership should be expecting to make money off their leadership role in the first place. They all volunteered to be in a leadership position and they shouldn't be doing that with the sole intention of being able to make real money off a virtual game.
  14. Laronk Augur

While this junk really does happen more often than people here think it's just not worth getting your panties all twisted up over.

I am personally not willing to run a guild or even be an officer in one because then you have to get involved in the guild drama F THAT. If I see an item drop that I wanted that I think was skimmed I might send a tell to the person doing the loot asking what happened with that item stating my interest in it. Sometimes they're just so buys dealing with all the whiney idiots in the guild that they missed the tells on the 5th topor spell or what ever.

You will actually see more of it on mangler because loot takes so long for some guilds it's way more efficient to have officers loot the stuff and deal with loot at the end of the night. People who don't want loot can just log off then.

If they're skimming 1-3% what ever, they're actually willing to put in the work to make the guild run.
  15. Lejaun Augur

I seriously doubt they are taking a cut as the sole reason for playing. And if they are? So what? They are putting in the work to create a guild and lead it. You don't have to join. They aren't inviting people to the raid, and then after people join springing on some new rule about taking a cut.

If you think leadership deserves a small cut of it, or if you just don't really care either way, join the guild if it has the people you want to group/raid with.

If you think its all a scam, well then there are going to be 20-30 other guilds there that you can join and one of them is bound to have rules you like. Or start your own guild and do all of the organization and raid leading. That's an option too.

LOL @ people up in arms about this, like someone is forcing them to join that guild.
  16. Karreck Somebody

Damn, you really don't understand this concept do you?
    Here, let's Russell's Teapot this and maybe it will help your learning.
    I am saying that I have seen no evidence of a teapot floating in space, therefore I can conclude that there is no teapot floating in space.
    You are saying that just because there is no evidence of a teapot floating in space, that doesn't mean that there isn't a teapot floating in space.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You do realize that just because you haven't seen something doesn't mean it isn't real. Sure the guild leadership you have worked with may have been trustworthy and honest but that does not mean every guild is that way and others have not experienced issues.

In the end we will find some guilds with bad leadership and others with great leadership.
  18. Karreck Somebody

The possibility exists sure, but I have to rely on my experiences. And given that the original post claims that corruption in guild leadership is going to be a massive problem, my experiences across multiple guilds run counter to that claim. For every corrupt guild, there will likely be dozens that are straight up.
    Outside of EVE Online, I really don't believe this to be such a major issue.
  19. Magician9001 Augur

Yes, yes you're and that's terrible logic. At one point in my life i'd never seen a Tiger or evidence that tigers exist, that' doesn't mean Tigers didn't exist.

Correct. This is logic that makes sense.
  20. Karreck Somebody

But there is evidence of Tigers existing. I can show you evidence of tigers existing.
    However, let's say I can not show you evidence that Tigers exist. Should you believe that they exist when I can not prove it?

Can you show me evidence of my guild leaders being corrupt? If you can't, then why should I believe that they are corrupt? Why should anybody believe that their guild leaders are corrupt when there is no evidence?

Claims need to be proven. Saying that somebody is not seeing corruption does not prove that corruption is happening.