Guildes are going to be the worst in this TLP and here is why.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 8, 2021.

1. Magician9001 Augur

You should believe that you don't know. Because you CANNOT know, because you DO NOT have the oversight to know.

Imagine 2000 years ago i told you i seen Tigers, but we lived in a place Tigers weren't around and you had never seen one. Someone using your logic would've scoffed at the notion that Tigers exist, probably called me crazy. But the reality is Tigers do exist.

I've been in guilds where 80% of the guild didn't believe the officers were skimming off the top. Meanwhile those officers a had a secret discord for themselves and a few members in which they were coordinating skimming from the guild bank.
  2. Lejaun Augur

Meanwhile, the people living in Canada and England and other places didn't really have tigers as a native creature hanging around every town.

Sure, the people in Burma and India and places where people brought tigers may have them, but that doesn't really matter much to the town in England that doesn't have them. You can yell, "Tigers exist! Tigers exist!" all you like, but it doesn't make any appreciable difference to the people who don't have them and may never see them in their lifetime.
    Karreck likes this.
  3. TLP Addict Augur

What a terrible thread.
  4. Karreck Somebody

Your logic is the same logic used by people who believe in homeopathy.
    "This extract totally cures cancer!"
    "Can you prove it?"
    "You don't know it doesn't!"

But without evidence, there is no reason to believe you. Being eventually proven correct doesn't change that. 2000 years ago people claimed that there were Sirens in the Mediterranean, luring sailors to their deaths. Does this mean I should believe in Sirens too?

Your terrible choice in guilds does not mean that the guilds I was in were run by garbage people. Maybe you should vet your guilds better?
  5. Relentless Insomnia

%3 is not enough to do much with, no one is pulling in 30kr a week from a mere 3% split. You won't see enough loot even with 100% open world to make 3% matter. You're dramatical over-estimated the price loot will sell for in GDKP.

I'd propose 10% so that the guild bank can use the funds to purchase additional weapons/chase items from other guilds, or full gear sets off quitters to bid back off to the guild. Sure beats them selling their gear off to RMT websites, and its win-win for the quitter and the guild members.

In an instance only guild for example...You should be pulling items out of the common lands to be bid off to your players and that loot should account for about 20% of the guilds total loot intake overall. That's if your guild is able to establish an income...and any guild that isn't establishing a positive income on this ruleset is deceiving you.

In an open world guild you get a much higher rate of loot intake, so maybe 5-10% of your loot intake comes from guild to guild trades/commons/buying the gearsets off a quitters back.

Either way 3% is not enough Plat or Krono to do that, its probably enough to cover basic potions and other reagents/cost of goods but not enough to be buying up ST keys on day 1 without dipping in their own pockets.

If they are only taking 3%...they have my respect, and my sympathy lol. Can you imagine having to parcel 300-400 people their splits. Kill me now.
  6. Lejaun Augur

Some here (not you) apparently think that should all be done for free because they "volunteered" to lead a guild.

Crazy. I'll gladly give my 3% to have them do all the work for me.
  7. Magician9001 Augur

Correct.

But i'm not asking you to belive in Homeopathy.

I'm asking you to believe that someone in your guild at some point lied or told a half truth.
  8. Lejaun Augur

Even if they did, it apparently wasn't enough for most of us to be affected or even know about it that our gaming experience was ruined.
    Karreck likes this.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Foaming didn't do 3%.
  10. Karreck Somebody

Now you are moving the goal posts. Everybody lies at some point, it is just a matter of degrees. Only a fool would say that they have never been lied to. Your argument over the course of this thread has been guild leadership skimming off the top or scamming their members. That is a totally different ballpark from a lie or half truth.
  11. TLP Addict Augur

You two are literally Memes at this point.

[IMG]
    Karasu and Stymie like this.
  12. Elite_raider Augur

So your response to being called out for setting up a guild to rip of all their members is; It's ok, because you probably have been ripped off before without knowing it?

How dim do you think people are? Or maybe you are just so used to getting away with manipulating people that you think you can say anything and people will believe you?
  13. Elite_raider Augur

The estimates were based of the excel sheet they posted for a GDKP raid on a no trade server, so they are probably not to fare off, it will all depend on the item flow and potential buyers though. So even though they are saying they are not going to Mischief yet, you can bee a 100% sure they will not go to Thornblade.

And yes of course they should do the leading of the guild for free/they get the same cut as everyone else on the raid they attend with their own character. You can compare guild leadership with a government or a public sector. There has been done allot of research on what increases the chances of corruption in a government or a public sector. The bigger the part of the employs that are externally motivated (by money (krono for example) instead of internally motivated (making the world a better place) the higher the chance of corruption occurring, there is no doubt the guild idea/founding was purely based on greed and wanting to skim/rip off all the members of the guild on the part of the inner click/officers of the guild.
  14. Elite_raider Augur

I will bet 1 copper that in a year or two from now, there will be a post in these forums saying that the inner click/officers of that guild, got so rich after RMTing their Krono that they could retire (yes I know I gave them even more motivation to work harder to rip off all their members now)

There is a sucker born every day, there is a reason why people send all their money to Nubian princes or princesses. This guild is just that, a Nubian, if you have some fetish and get enjoyment in getting your money/krono ripped off/stolen from you, that you worked for, well, this is the guild for you, you freak ;p
  15. yerm Augur

How does any of this argument about who cheated and robbed and stole in the past in any way influence gdkp? If your guild does not have people pilfering the bank, great. If your guild does have people hoping to sneak a little something something for themselves, there is NO better system for preventing it than one where not only is everything laid out plainly but also all of the currency used for what drops cannot be added manually or adjusted secretly. When someone buys an item that item is now in view AND the money used to buy it is now also in view. Everyone can see what money was spent. Everyone can look at their parcel and see where the money comes out. Not everyone can do the math to figure out if there is shenanigans but everyone can find someone capable of the very simple math to look at whatever spreadsheet and say "yeah that adds up" after 2 minutes of light reading.

Basically, a flat gdkp system is the hardest to steal from and the east to catch if someone does.
  16. Elite_raider Augur

Wrong, the obvious way to rip people of is to say straight out that you will rip them off, like saying you will take a flat % of everything.

Another way with a high chance of getting caught is to add fictive characters to the mix or even entire raids. If you are 4 to 7 splitting every night, who would know, right?

What will happen though, is the price of the Krono set for the raid and the platinum bids, the kronos will be sold for more then the value that was set at the raid and bought for less with the plat that was spent. (Bazaar buyer/seller). That will be a huge amount in the short and long term since it will effect every KR bought or sold, that will be pocketed by the inner click/officers)
  17. Thrawnseg Augur

Wow, who hurt you? Not everyone is out to swindle ands steal from people. And you seem to be confusing ripping people off with making extra money. If I know I'm getting 3500 as my split and I get 3500 after they take the %, that's not being ripped off. If I got 3200 after being told 3500, that's being ripped off.

What happens if Krono takes a dive? They have to cover the shortfall. Sure they could sell it for more and pocket the difference and no one would know, but that means they aren't selling it on the official trader they will have set up and /inspect will have the prices.

If they add 4-7 people, what happens when someone catches them? It all falls apart. Are they stupid enough to do that? I don't think so.

Everyone knows they are taking the fee when they join. Its the cost of doing business. If you don't like it, you don't have to join.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Protocol Dragon Defender

Technically true.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

All of our rules were *proposed* to members weeks before launch so that they’d have time to discuss, debate and point out flaws. The rules are still in the phase, we’ve got no problem changing them. Thus far the discussion hasn’t supported removing the rule everyone not in the guild here pretends to care about.
    Kylo Classic likes this.
  19. Elite_raider Augur

If someone makes extra money, the money comes from some were and someone else gets less, that is ripping people off.....

You are indirectly admitting that you already plan to do this in the way you are responding to the statement.... We shouldn't bee surprise about that, now should we? :)
  20. Thrawnseg Augur

Yes, it comes from the people who buy the krono at higher prices than it was valued at. So I guess they would be ripping off the public because they are selling them more than they should.

I'm just a member. I'm not a officer and don't plan to be.