Guildes are going to be the worst in this TLP and here is why.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 8, 2021.

1. Elite_raider Augur

The statement you link was not aimed at Krono sales, but the splitting they intend to do, so you misunderstood. I can see why you would chose to be a member of such a guild though, the inner click/officer team have some silver tongues. People like usually do, that is why they get so used to getting away with what they do......
  2. Protocol Dragon Defender

jeskola, Kylo Classic and Karreck like this.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Stymie likes this.
  4. yerm Augur

That sounds like a TON more work than just giving yourself dkp attendance or a bonus to dkp for officers or just assigning things to yourself in a loot council. Which is the point. You can steal from any loot system, but basic gdkp is definitely the hardest. Plat/krono cannot be created fiat currency style like dkp and also have to be accounted for after they get spent.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  5. Demetri Augur

I love you Yerm, but you're simply wrong here for many people - there's a reason why so many people hire accountants for their finances.

Also nevermind the fact of "fairness" when it comes to the current positioning, DKP gives a linear value that everyone accrues at a similar rate. Effectively some folks will be seeded FAR deeper than others at the getgo - and it encourages heavy RMT to stay competitive.

The only true benefit is that the value carries on after a system dies - but that's basically planning for failure. In exchange for a system that can be easily trolled/etc.
  6. Kylo Classic Augur

7. Elite_raider Augur

It was clear in the post that it was being done to help guildies with epic items and the rest was up for grabs. Posting a link and telling a lie does not make what you are doing "ok". I am glad you wasted your time digging so deep, even more glad that you had to make up a lie to be able to post fake dirt on me.

This behavior just proves my point yet again about what type of people you are ;-)
  8. yerm Augur

The biggest flaw IMO is that it does not allow for long term incentives, like dkp for camping fungus grove. The fact that people can seed it with outside currency isn't generally a huge problem because that instantly splits among the raid when done. You actually see people cheering for whales. Further, it means you can farm "dkp" in your off hours by heading to giants or whatever, versus if you want raid loot in other environments and don't have the dkp you only had rmt as your alternative before a design like this. You also don't have to do the math yourself as long as someone you trust can do it for you - accountants for dkp checks are usually free!

It didn't look like you were trying to steal. It looked pretty clear though that you had absolutely no concept for what makes loot rules work and were too stubbornly pigheaded about your own thoughts to listen to reason. It appears here with this thread that absolutely nothing has changed.
  9. Machen New Member

In my estimation, leadership provides its own intangible rewards. I don't think I'd want to "work" for a guild that "hired" me to raid lead. This is entertainment, not a job. At least for most of us.
  10. a_librarian Augur

People being able to join a guild with infinite resources to buy items is a problem if you raid to get good gear. People will show up willing to spend thousands of dollars a month for gear, if you are trying to compete with that by grinding plat I pity you. If you are just there to make money and don't give a damn about gear it's perfectly fine.
    Demetri likes this.
  11. Magician9001 Augur

Or adding yourself to DKP ticks so you RA is higher and you get the first "Second main" TA
  12. Lejaun Augur

Your choice. Leading a guild and having all the whining come to you from within the guild (and from outside when one of your members makes someone mad), plus the organization and splitting of loot, etc....well, I guess if you enjoy living on the merits of being a leader/officer of a guild...that can be reward enough for some.
    I'm not going to fault them for wanting a bit more than a pat on the back, though.
  13. Lejaun Augur

Just means I'm making thousands and thousands of platinum. I can live without the best gear right away and just buy the later drops or last expansions uber drops for cheap.
  14. Machen New Member

Well, yes, my choice. But also, no one's ever offered to pay me :p
  15. a_librarian Augur

yes I covered it being a fine arrangement for people there to make money first and foremost.
  16. Machen New Member

I think guild leadership as a transactional relationship would actually make the whining and drama much more difficult to handle. I can only imagine getting "reviews" from management. No thanks.
    Demetri likes this.
  17. jeskola pheerie

18. Demetri Augur

Accountants of quality? Free ones are likely to have some sort of agenda attached.

And I think you severely underestimate how ridiculous some whales are. I have a whole range of friends from over the years, I know of someone that needs FIVE accounts in order to be able to manage the cap on krono for a single account. (Or at least did, IIRC that was before they raised the cap a year or two back - not spoken to him on recent secondary account #'s)

Meanwhile I know of around a dozen with low triple digits. A handful with a dozen or two - and countless that are scraping by with zero or infrequent krono.

And the people with massive wealth like that almost all are there because of their talents for arbitrage - people that understand how to do arbitrage will get what they want without being "whales" in the typical sense, etc.
  19. Krimzin Augur

The people that know me are laughing at this one
  20. KrakenReality Augur

I’ll be converting my Krono to Dogecoin. See y’all on the moon…
    Froger likes this.