Is it time for DGB to admit they don't care about AFK Bots?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arraden, Jan 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Febb Augur

All you need to do is set up your group right next to theirs. Pull mobs closer to them after you have gotten your damage in and let their group power level you by assisting. This will clear out any spawns near them and make the group work for you.
    Peltier, Risiko, code-zero and 2 others like this.
  2. NeverPayForLag Augur

Taking my last post back. I took a look into Mearatas and you are right. This is a bot crew. And a naughty one too. Botting one of the most searched areas is naughty...

OOC, Shout, Tell, nothing really gets an answer except some random words which have nothing to do with the question. Direct pull to the fellowship, only a turn, standard firepower, automated script.

If I need that camp I simply would use them as additional firepower for the named. But if you do it you should have more firepower than 3 Wizards, 1 Sk and 1 Enchanter.
  3. Helloworld007 New Member

Random words you say?
    "How long are you staying there?"
    Re: Until all the Wiz has yellow robe.
    FYI TBL group TS items are yellow.

"... Forum is taking about you..."
    Re: You're welcome.

How's FM / Kor-sha / OT? Guess you are a pretty bored COKKIE.
  4. NeverPayForLag Augur

lol... unable to answer a shout/ooc for cc but now awake, my dear botter?
    And only squishy answers?
    Learn communication. The next time we will do a firepower contest, my friend :p

But perhaps your communication ability are out of order after 14 hours straight camping of that mob cycle - some complained in the OOC about you :p
  5. NeverPayForLag Augur

addon:
    I take it back. communication works. But only if you complain in forum AND ooc/shout/tell and understand the echo... :D
    try it - it works now for me ;)
  6. Helloworld007 New Member

No thank you for the heads up! And the name spawns every 20 min. I don't get paid from responding to CC. However, I do make an exception, well, pot kettle black.
  7. NeverPayForLag Augur

So the complainers have now their answers...
    mission accomplished... have fun :p

p.s.: are the names of the toons chinese - if you say that you get paid for it? ;)
  8. Intenso Augur

its fine but cause they dont care long as he pay sub
  9. Helloworld007 New Member

Oh forgot to mention. The fact that I turned a blind eye on /anon toon looting T2 freebies was intended. But don't for a second think I got no idea about the /guildstatus command.

Hypocrisy always put a smile on my face. In particular some familiar finger-pointing names.
  10. Intenso Augur

someone already got suspended for training them and nothing happan to the bot crew
  11. NeverPayForLag Augur

Why train?
    Talk to him, he is answering. Ask for the next free window when he is leaving.
    Or use the usual rules according to EULA.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Getting suspended for training? That would be a first in the history of EverQuest (that's in the past 20 years).
  13. Chaldene93 New Member

Intenso's english is just as broken as Helloworld's...

[IMG]
    NeverPayForLag likes this.
  14. code-zero Augur

You are woefully ignorant of the way the game works these days if you think that you can train and not be suspended. I'm pretty sure some of the afker's have video capture running just to be able to screenshot anyone training them
    Pirlo likes this.
  15. NeverPayForLag Augur

Give me one prove of one guy getting kicked by a botter.... DGB is not stupid. They would get kicked too.... so many rumors here and assumingly double accounts...
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

"the way the game works these days" Lol. It works the same as it always has.

Been playing since 2000. So far not a single example of anyone getting suspended for training. My guess is that the [suspendees] have other rule infractions on their dossier which prompted action.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

I have yet to come across actual bot groups in a long time. I have come across several AFK pet/merc killing though. Usually I just move on with my day unless they are in the camp I want. If this is the case I just easily dps race them but I have had to resort to this twice ever for something that I actually needed like a quest item.

As to them not caring I think its more about resources. The EQ police force is small and I imagine they are getting calls to TLP land so frequently that its difficult for them to patrol over here on live. I would equate it to having one legged sheriff trying to cover twenty towns worth of crime on a three legged lame horse.
  18. code-zero Augur

I've actually seen a player with a huge train suddenly disappear, briefly reappear as the zone in and then go link dead. And then be gone for 2 weeks. Questions to their guildmates and they said the guy got grabbed by a GM and given a suspension for his training

Do what you want, maybe you'll get away with it, but it can happen and you're very stupid if you think that you can train with no risk
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Sounds to me like the person who got "grabbed" by a GM was engaging in more than training AFK bot groups.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Or lose the levels and just get them back afk.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.