Sportsmanship

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ExoticCheese, Dec 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spayce Augur

Hey guys, look how awesome we are for not bragging about how awesome we are!!

Oh wait...that was a brag post..
    andross77 likes this.
  2. Herodotus Augur

But you do get points for brevity and spelling.
  3. Dranix Augur

Problem here is vetting individuals, nepotism, and lack of staff on the backend for a reasonable amount of review on decisions. In a perfect world I agree with you, identifying community resources to police the community is a great idea. In practice I think you'd see a lot of bad calls due to grieving that happened 3 TLPs ago or what have you.

Some people know this but I was part of the GM/Development staff for one of the popular EMUs a few years ago. I can tell you from experience the types of issues you deal with the most come down to he said she said that would take a lot of time to investigate to figure out that "truth" of the matter. It would still take considerable GM involvement as issues got appealed or escalated based off the decisions of the guides made "in the field". Not to mention giving community members access to the data they'd need to "investigate" is a huge red flag.

I'd love to see the guide program return, I would hate to see who was selected to participate as a guide. 1/10 people selected would be enough to have a profoundly negative effect on the community. Way outside of the scope of this discussion but this is a far more interesting top than RI and TFC playing tummy sticks.
    Mashef likes this.
  4. Gromph Elder

So I see complaining about sportsmanship while ignoring sportsmanship to accomplish said goal, then more anti sportsmanship by making forum posts, followed by more back and forth unsportsman-like bickering. This post is about as fail as the best and worst guilds and the unsportsmanlike nature of both guilds. When you think that it cannot get any worse and child-like, along comes curdled milk to prove that it indeed can get more child-like.
  5. Mashef Augur

Make him a ring event again..screw the new Vulak - its terrible.
  6. Iyacc Augur

This.

I must have been really lucky to avoid these kinds of shenanigans on Terris back in the day. We didn't have massive issues. We had a lot of raiding guilds and for the most part people respected the "first in force" model. Typically if you got there first with enough to kill it, they left you alone and gave you a reasonable amount of time to make progress.

For contested content on the cutting edge we had two guilds that fought each other but then would rotate once things were worked out and if you wanted in their rotation you had to beat them to the target and beat it. If you got there first and weren't just screwing off they would leave you alone for a bit. They might have done stupid stuff to each other on brand new stuff but it didn't trickle down much to my guild. Once you earned a spot in the rotation, they would honor your turn so long as you actually moved on it and did the content. Of course the Euro guilds would occasionally jump into something if it spawned early but that happened everywhere I'm sure. We all did everything we could to keep stuff respawning on U.S. time, lol.

I can remember two or three issues with training/dispelling and goofy stuff and it was the same guild both times but that was about it. And that is over years of raiding 5+ nights a week. I do remember getting summoned by a GM to the little jail room in Qeynos with no entrances/exits with a couple other guild leaders and being told to knock off the jackassery or their would be consequences but since we hadn't been involved, I don't really know what prompted that.

Maybe we were lucky that Terris crashed several times a night during patches so we always got lots of extra raid target repops over the course of a day or two after a regular patch, rofl.
  7. Ltldogg Augur

What a terrible thread OP.
    andross77 likes this.
  8. TLP Addict Augur

Sportsmanship?

[IMG]
    Iyacc likes this.
  9. Bolten_DA Augur

Same #@#!@!@ different server! Please wait until the next server launch so the Krono plague can migrate itself to that server. Then later down the line you can reflect on the good old days, and beg for server merges and free transfers.

Thanks
    andross77 likes this.
  10. Gremin Augur

Once a guild kills Roy, rest of NToV is there's unless they leave.
  11. Piznut Angry Gnome

I know I've seen Emp up with the Blood up at the same time for a couple of days, and the only time both guilds competed were when the other guild went for it, champ.
  12. Blastoff Augur

Hadn't heard of this one yet, smart, two more spells for the blocked buff list.
  13. Coirnav Augur

Maybe part of a day early on... but EMP being up for a couple of days in a row is fake news, or you were mistaken. Not that it matters, either way you weren't killing it. Lol
  14. Coirnav Augur

You can't buff block awesome baby!
  15. Pleefun Lorekeeper

Good Sportsmanship = Train another raid because they are engaged on an OW target and guild 2 isn't in zone.
  16. CatchingCheatsDaily New Member

Is this when Guild B warped into temariel's room using exploits to coth in VT? Just for clarification of what was seen because Guild B did not have a coth bot stationed in OW temariel....Please lets have a closer look into these tactics.
  17. a_librarian Augur

Now this is getting good
    That0neguy likes this.
  18. Pleefun Lorekeeper

How does an SK get CoH to a spot with no mage...o you mean the warping your talking about?
  19. That0neguy Augur

Corpse dragging through the port ups? Please try again to explain how you got there without cheating.
  20. That0neguy Augur

Good to know you justify your actions based on what other people do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.