Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Defjam Journeyman

Hey mate,

Are you using your defensive's? That's way more HP/AC/AA's than I have and I haven't been running into issues. What's your box team? Are you getting healed by a merc?
  2. Zamiam Augur

I'm guessing you are Raid geared also .. so of course you would have no trouble running around 2hand tanking all the content .. you are in RoTE didnt you guys just complete T1 in top 3 ? (grats btw)
  3. Maedhros High King

Thanks. I don't think a group geared tank with sword and board is quite as strong as a raid geared one with 2hander, but I stand by the idea that if I can 2hand tank it, a skilled group geared players can tank it with sword and board.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Team is War/Zerk/Monk/Bard/Sham/Merc Healer. Running Defensives. The missions are the problem I'm having.

It almost feels like the mobs in missions require a higher avoidance check. Or maybe just a dedicated PC healer. Might be time to bite the bullet and bring in a Cleric box!
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

And I stand by my idea that the content needs tuned down a smidge. Oops. I did it again.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

So you are boxing a healer class, an think its too hard ?
  7. Zulan Lorekeeper

Honestly if you're raid geared, you shouldn't be in this thread. This is a discussion about things being over tuned for GROUP geared players. Your opinion, if you're raid geared doesn't apply, considering you're not group geared.
    For the Paladin poster and his goon squad, you're here to troll cause you don't want anyone else to have any GROUP geared content, you want everyone else to try harder because you dedicate so much time to this game. Good for you, go beat the expansion and farm more.

The resist are really over tuned, and the aoe's are over tuned from trash mobs; the melee damage they do is not really over tuned, just requires a really good group to farm trash mobs, for group geared players.

Max AA'd warrior with conflagrant set with max all good AC augs agility/dex heroic focused, has a hard time tanking trash mobs in this expansion if it's more than 1 without hitting defensive disc just on trash; partially because the enchanters have such an issue mezzing.

For example: Beam of Slumber was the go to AA for enchanters on pulls if adds came in, I'm getting resisted so much, the tank is dying before I can get mezzes off, and that's an issue when the aoe's are doing 50k+ easy.
    edit: Maybe once the Devs get a second to fix the enchanters debuff aura, this won't be an issue, but as of right now it's broken. I get they're doing the best they can and they'll get around to it when they can; but resist are a huge issue even on blue cons.

So your constant "no it's not" "yes it is" back and forth bickering isn't useful. Group geared players are here to talk about the group content, wiping them in the OPENING zone of an expansion. That's an issue, regardless if you can 2hnder tank a trash mob; good job.
    Stiku, NeverPayForLag and Graves like this.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Then your warrior is not using proper judgement on the disc's / abilities they have.

Flash of Anger (for instance) is used as a frontal zero melee dps taken for 6 seconds.

Chanter debuff is 6 seconds..

Beam of slumber is like 2 seconds at its longest cast time ..

I see no issue here. Except that the warrior was not utilizing proper disc's when pulling multiples ..
  9. Whulfgar Augur

But yes by all implications they do need to be tuned. However player's should know the basic's of their class abilities / disc / aa / what have you ..
  10. Pano Augur

I think this got tuned down in the patch, we are doing progression with 4 people and a zerker tank...
  11. Littlelegs Elder

ur a banana.
  12. Pano Augur

I can offtank in Aalishai now.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. Coronay Augur

I see skilled players in group gear demolishing content like no tomorrow.

The gear does not make the player. For every raider out there you see making a pile of mob corpses there are 10 raiders in the guild lobby rezzing.

Edit: What you should be saying is "Honestly if you're skilled, you shouldn't be in this thread. This is a discussion about us players who cannot figure out how to play to the games strengths and weaknesses"
    Duhbeast and Maedhros like this.
  14. Zulan Lorekeeper

No, I said what I said, and I meant what I said, not what you inferred.

I said the mobs don't hit too hard, I said the aoe's are out of control. On trains, if multiple mobs are incoming, the aoe's are so strong, group geared players are having issues.

And yes, Raid geared toons don't have an issue with the mobs (i'm in a raiding guild, but I casually play).
    I even read from a guildie who is fully raid geared "wow that was a hard mob".

I like the challenge, I REALLY do; that being said, the aoe's are very hard to overcome for entry level zones.

15. Coronay Augur

Trains happen to everyone though and they suck. The AoEs are strong but are you maxing your HP by having lots of +hSTA augs? in every slot? it helps a lot.
  16. Zulan Lorekeeper

As a Warrior maxing STA isn't the best option for tanking - nor is it for clerics, enchanters wizards and many other classes save Shamans. I'm not debating this with you, i'm trying to further the threads actual progression to the issue. Aoe's are strong - Maybe TUNE them up mid season when people are better geared :) I'm okay with that.
  17. Took2summmit Elder

There it goes, people calling me out, AGAIN. I'm happy to stay out of this thread, but I wont when people are calling me out. I don't have a goon squad, I've been back playing this game for 2 months after a 7+ year break (heroic chars). You really think my guy in eok group armor with 15.75k AAs is more dedicated than whatever crew you're trying to bring through? People need to stop calling me out by name. I'm simply here to say theres obviously a rather large skill gap, it cant be gear if my guy is tanking the stuff. I'm not here to strike my ego, but simply to ask if my guy wearing eok with 15.75k AA can already tank the first zone missions, how much more should the devs dumb the content down?
  18. Drogba Augur

if game too hard for my automated 6 box group, cry and moan instead of try to improve / play with others.
    Duhbeast, Lisard, Whulfgar and 2 others like this.
  19. Coronay Augur

every class (except some dps) should be maxing hSTA. this is not up for debate.
  20. Grau Elder

I can't really comment on the difficulty of TBL yet as I haven't done much there, but looking at your Magelo signature you have 80K more HP and about 8K more AC than my warrior that is mostly RoS T2 group geared. Does a shield make up for that gap?