Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Tolzol Augur

I mean Ngreth said they are looking at the tuning. No reason to jump the gun before they are done tuning. I'd imagine there will be several tuning passes.
    Elyssanda and Yimin like this.
  2. FawnTemplar Augur

I noticed the name change is all, excuse me for being observant.

Stop it with the bullying claims, nobody is bullying you. And before you claim that I am gaslighting you, I'm not. You're not a victim.

Now if you'll excuse me it looks like the servers are up.
  3. Hissteria Lorekeeper

From the looks of it, some are disenchanted that they couldn't finish progression in one day. There are a few bugs, and some of it is challenging, but I haven't found TBL overly difficult. I prefer the challenge and look forward to making my way through it, but not at light speed. There is lots to see and do, plenty of new scenery to check out and enjoy.
  4. NeverPayForLag Augur

gosh.. my popcorn and beer is still there..
    is this a halluzination?
    gosh... and patch cannot get installed because I don't have admin rights to install EQGraphicsDX9.dll

If something running only for once smoothly?
    I drink my beer and go to bed... arrg...
    Pirlo likes this.
  5. ArtremasEQ Augur

So far I've found TBL to be interesting challenge, hardish but doable.
    (Note: Mid tier raid guild, we have not beaten ROS (about 1/2 way through).
    Its day 3 and I'm 1/2 way through progression in Palace of Winds already. This expac is supposed to last a year, not until Christmas. Underfoot or TDS was much longer winded frankly.

Content is challenging, and kills you if you mess up.

I won't object if they tune it down a bit in some places, some of the trials of smoke are brutal and maybe unwinnable (or very very hard) in group gear.

Broken quests, and things just not working is main frustration. (Along with keywords for some quests that are seriously cryptic, Palace of Embers, and Contract for War for example, still not publicly solved, though some of the Uber beta guilds clearly have).

Its a game folks, and the dev's are human beings likely doing their best under difficult pressures.

lighten up, stress less......
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

So I am a group-geared player. I run a box team. My tank is a 110 War with 23kAA, all RoS/EoK augs, Conflagrant gear, a few chase items. I only came back in Dec 2017 after a 4 year hiatus. In that time I have worked my off to prep for TBL. The first expansion I can honestly say I did everything I could to prep for. I the last year I completed all group content and progression for TBM, EoK, and RoS for my entire box team. I felt ready.

My Warrior gets destroyed by quest mobs in TBL. Fully buffed he is sitting at 310k HP and 6.1kAC. He can comfortably tank 3-4 yellow con trash in T2 RoS zones, and 2-3 trash in VP.

DBG, WHY WHY WHY do you think [harder = more fun]??????????? Do you not check the beta tester's stats against the mobs? Can you not see that raiders are the primary beta testers? Why are you tuning blue con mobs to be tougher than red con named in RoS?

This is not fun. I can't even gear up for TBL because I can't get past the entry level zones. What else am I supposed to do? Go raid to get the gear needed to pass TBL group content?

I am so disgusted and ultimately disappointed.
    Stiku, Graves and Pirlo like this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am increasingly convinced EverQuest is strictly about the raid game. Why include group content at all if it's tuned for raiders? Just release a raid expansion. Oh, wait. That's what TBL is. :confused:
    Vdidar likes this.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Coming from a raider. Imagine my utter surprise.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Graves like this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Look, I expect things to get tougher as I get deeper into the expansion. But to get steamrolled on the first mission of the first zone of a new expansion? When I have completed all group progression in the last three expansions? You honestly feel that is properly tuned??
    Stiku, Pirlo and Graves like this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Whatever I choose. I love getting you riled up Stuffgar.
  11. NeverPayForLag Augur

ah.. popcorn and beer again...
    now we have the pure arrogancy round...
    it is always fun to see the screen splashed with Ego...

Yes.. compare your length of your "lucky strike"...:p

Anybody some foul eggs or tomatoes?

Starting a Level 1 SK at moment... some fun in the baby round... so that the raiders can feel well :p
    Stiku, Pirlo and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  12. segap Augur

Every expansion people complain about how group gear holds them back. And every expansion, fully group geared players get through it. 90% of the difference between those that succeed and those that don't is pressing buttons (this is also very visible on raids examining logs on why one player of a class doubles the output of another of that class oddly enough wearing the exact same gear with similar group make up). Be it tanking, dps or healing. Diligent button pressing makes a huge difference. The better players make smarter use of which buttons they press and when and do things with even more ease.
    Duhbeast, Maedhros and took2summit11 like this.
  13. Zamiam Augur

I was watching tv , but I just keep coming back to this soapbox :p
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Fixed that for you, sparky.
  15. Astinox Journeyman

16. Tucoh Augur

17. Zamiam Augur

18. Took2summmit Elder

I loled
  19. Daedly Augur

I am just mad that i was able to zone into a smoke trials instance only for every path to a trail blocked. All i wanted to do was a trial! I really wanted to break my laptop at the time.

Hopefully i can figure out how to get to them soon.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  20. Bronut Augur

EQ Tough talk + Blue names = The lulz
    Yimin likes this.