Cactus rethread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jadenpain, Jan 17, 2018.

1. just_some_bard Lorekeeper

Zero accountability at DBG. Old staffers, grandfathered in, zero new people. A complete and total lack of creativity there coupled with extreme veteran-itis. They've gotten lazy, their job security is there, and there's virtually no "up-n-comers" trying to take their position. Look how sloppy and reckless these changes have been over the past 2-3 years, they get even more asinine with every new yearly quarter.

These guys don't work but for 2-3 months out of the year. The rest of the time they probably moap around the office, if they even have to come in, and make jokes about us crazed EQ-addled addicts and all the we put up with. It's probably some industry-wide sociology experiment to see how much crap an MMO community can take before enough is enough.

You guys suck.
    Lorai and Metanis like this.
  2. Novaburst New Member

Grats on over compensation. Due to be fixed next patch to compensate for the over compensation of the original event. Stay tuned. On a serious note. Thanks for trying to fix. Please try again.
  3. Kolani Augur

That's hitting the nail on the head right there, and IMO (and I expressed this to Holly during the EoK beta) that the paid Beta testing is putting us back in the same sort of situation that led to Underfoot. The casual player has no real incentive to get into Beta, the raiders are required to do Beta - pre-order is required for regular member of top guilds.

Group content is being tested by raiders in gear better than the best gear available to group players in the expansion being tested, invariably "it's too easy" is a common complaint because they're powering through it with their prior expansion gear. The desire is for people to test content using the Fish gear in practice, however it simply does not happen. On top of that, it seemed like there was a lack of concern this beta unless issues pertained to raids.
  4. The real Sandaormo Augur

boo hoo I can't do the cactus mission tonight. Dev said he overtuned it and will be fixing it.
    Sit back and relax a minute.
    Risiko, UncleUms and feeltheburn like this.
  5. OrchardField Journeyman

Tonight?!? It was down from before Christmas till a week past the new year because they copied and pasted the raid into the group making "exploits" possible. It's been workable for basically a week since 2/3 of the way thru Dec, and now they make it unworkable again, not just tonight, but since the patch, going forward until they decide to patch it again...and who knows if it'll be doable then by appropriately geared players
    Ratbo Peep and Metanis like this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

And he said he turned the knobs a little too much. There are other missions. Gorowyn is an absolute xp goldmine. 60 aa's a run without lesson. Go do that one. (You don't need to have done eok, as there are no kar`zok)

They over tune stuff, and they under tune stuff. It eventually gets adjusted.
    Maybe look at all the other content the expansion has to offer instead of hoping this mission was a modern day gribbles.
    UncleUms likes this.
  7. Qazwsx New Member

Do not fall for the same stuff as before. DBG and their predecessor have routinely "messed" several things up with a patch only to correct one item back to almost the same as it was. In this case it is the cactus mission AND the old HA "fix". I bet the catus will be fixed, but not back to as the way it was but to a much stronger version. i.e invulnerable with 1 add up, 2 to 3x the HPs, DS only 29K.

While every ones focus is on the cactus mission drama, nothing is done about the old HA scaling to 110 with little or no reward. As people are happy that DBG listened to them and "fixed" something that was probably broken on purpose to distract from the real agenda, the old HAs scaling RvsR nerf.

I have seen them do it.
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Yes, i do not really expect this any sooner either - from a professional point of view.
    As a totally egoistical customer though, i want this (and the HA changes) "undone" (or, in this case "redone" ) yesterday rather than tomorrow.

Because what did they just do?
    Extend the shelf-life of their product by the month from patch to patch - simply by introducing something stupid and excluding a portion of their playerbase (not us raiders too much obviously where this mission is concerned) from a portion of the game, however small.
    (just one mission for some that dwell in RoS, a complete "old" expansion for the others)

And this mission happens to be 1/3rd of the things you can do to buy the group stuff too as an "ordinary" player...
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I was in beta this year, I admittedly I didn't do a lot. everytime I went to test something it either wasn't in yet or wasn't working as it should.

Beta seemed very behind right from the beginning. The AA's went in 2 weeks ish before the end, mercs I don't think were even addressed. Missions and quests had to continuously be redone as flags kept changing or weren't done. Lots of things were brought up on the boards and never fixed.

It seemed like there were only 4 developers doing anything, Ngreth (items & tradeskills). Aritso (spells) Absor & Prathum (quests & raids).

If we are now down to 4 devs, I'm not surprised things are not done in a timely manor, these guys are seriously overworked. While the devs maybe responsible for the cockups, it is those at the top that should be making sure they have the staff and time to get these things done correctly in the first place, without putting them under immense pressure to get the expansion out regardless of it being finished or not.

Ultimately I blame Mooncast & Windstalker for not allowing their staff the time to do a good job.
    Lorai, Gyurika Godofwar and Dart like this.
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

Braces on the same line. This ends now.
    Eaiana and fransisco like this.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

Don’t be a duck.
    Risiko likes this.
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

This is no way to act for a grown-up.
  13. Maedhros High King

Try killing the sprouts.
  14. Vanrau Augur

Guys. There are several reasons as to why things are the way they are right now. There's no reason to come out and personally attack the devs.

I can understand you're angry, however keep in mind that they shipped the expansion out the door early because you know Daybreak executives wasn't going to give them the time they needed in order to finish the expansion. The picked a date to release and stuck to it knowing full well it wasn't ready. I'm sure the devs had no say at all in that regard, it's the higher ups that make those calls and they just looked the other way.

If you want to yell at someone, pick someone in charge at Daybreak. The current EQ producer (Roxxlyy) and EQ franchise executive producer (Holly) are two good examples.
  15. Warpeace Augur

All this outrage over the Cacti mission and its the same quality of work used when they handed out suspensions. Shocking its the same mission causing this.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Roxxlyy when you look them up shows as community relations.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. DaciksBB Augur

To any monks/sks complaining about sproutings-
    1. Make a social called "sprouting"
    2. On line 1 type /tar a_sprouting
    3. Save social
    4. Use social every time a burgeoning spawns and click Moving Mountains or Hate's Attraction

Congratulations, the sprouting is now at your feet.
  18. ArtremasEQ Augur

one thought. I suggest "Easy" Missions, don't shadowstep the Tank or the healer a mile away which basically causes insta wipe with nothing the players can do about it. That is the single hardest mechanic for a group to deal with on this mission, especially for anyone that is boxing, and no way to prevent it.

I appreciate the apology, and look forward to FF Group V3.

Absor: Please ignore the children in the thread who can't act like adults and reduce themselves to personal abuse and pettiness.

Too those I'm referring to. Grow up. It is a game. Get over it.
    Gyurika Godofwar, UncleUms and Yinla like this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

In this mission the sproutings now spawn more often, not just when a burgeoning spawns.
  20. Tucoh Augur

I don't know what more accountability you'd want beyond a developer coming to the playerbase, apologizing and saying he'd fix it.