epic blocking on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fuzzbutt, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Fuzzbutt Elder

So there is a guild perma camping cleric epic turn in NPC to block other clerics getting the turn in done, is this not against the rules? They kill him every time he spawns
  2. MaestroM Augur

3. Accipiter Old Timer

Was there something wrong with yesterday's thread on this topic?
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Server? NPC?

It can't be Agnarr since you don't even have epics yet. And I fail to believe any guilds on RF/Phinny are actively trying to c***block epics at this era.
  5. Corilleous Elder

Really, how long have you played this game? There are plenty of camps and turn ins you can do for epics before kunark.

He is referring to the turn in in LR where you have to keep the one NPC alive while killing the other. We had the same thing happen to one of our clerics by this "notorious" guild, we had to recamp the crown for her.
  6. Fuzzbutt Elder

I honestly don't care what you believe, there are 2 pieces of the cleric epic you can do now
  7. Wowjustwow Elder

So unfortunate someone is doing that to you guys. Can you PM me and tell me what guild and who is doing that? (Want to make sure to be on top of it if it is anyone in my guild).

BTW, this is a spawned epic mob that takes an item which is consumed upon turnin to spawn. Interfering with this is a suspendable/bannable offense so I hope you are petitioning these folks who are greifing this spawn.

Alternatively: There are 2 ways to do that turn in you are talking about:
    #1: <Standard>
    Kill Lord Begurgle and loot Ring
    You turn in your Lord Bergurgle Ring to the NPC with the red robe.
    NPC with the blue robe spawns in the hut and does dialog than you assist her with killing red robe NPC.
    Fire elemental spawns and you kill him. Loot the crown
    Hand crown into NPC with blue robe and she despawns.

#2 <non-standard but much safer>:
    Kill NPC with red robe.
    Kill spawned Fire Elemental and loot crown.
    Camp Lord Bergurgle and loot Ring (this can be done anytime)
    Hand Ring into red robe NPC than immediately go to blue NPC and hand in crown.

This is a much safer way because you don't have to defend the blue robe NPC and noone can "steal" the blue robe NPC. The only disadvantage is the red robe NPC has a 3 hour spawn and you need 2 of them to do it this way.
  8. Fuzzbutt Elder

9. Wowjustwow Elder

ah I meant to have you PM it. Might want to remove that post before a GM bans you from the forums (it's against forum rules)

Not my guild though and I don't know these guys. Hopefully they get stopped soon.
  10. Fuzzbutt Elder

So since I complained the guild leader of this guild decided to be an even though I have never spoken to him and after 8 hours waiting for Bergurgle to spawn he pops and the guild leader of that guild charms him and gates
  11. MaestroM Augur

Competition is fun!
  12. Elltrain New Member

You waited until the day before kunark launches to work on your epic, and you're surprised at competition?
  13. Corilleous Elder

GM's are doing Jack & $%*# to these people. There are other mobs this is being done to, like the paladin mob where a guild KS's the spawn after the paladin has turned in his book, losing it. Just think to yourself who the biggest piece of $%*# guilds are on the server and you would be correct. If you can't figure that out please make room under that rock.
  14. Noon_yeah Journeyman

This can actually turn into a really big problem if there is no precedent set on punishing this stuff. There are way too many spawns like this that can be stolen or just killed to block others.

Kunark is going to be a long expansion if this is what we can expect at every possible griefable stage in epics like cleric.
  15. Febb Augur

DPS race is the name of the game. There are no such things as camps anymore folks.
  16. Noon_yeah Journeyman

On phinny, people were killing the beastlord epic quest mobs. Not the mobs you're supposed to kill. Just the quest mobs that spawn what the beastlord needs to kill. That's not a dps race. That's just people killing a quest mob with no benefit to them. Just purely to stop someone else from getting that part done.
  17. Febb Augur

It doesn't matter what the mob is for. If the NPC is flagged as a killable NPC then whoever does the most damage to it gets the kill. That is the rules. It's as simple as that.

I know it's crap that people do this but DBG isn't going to hold people's hands anymore because they don't have the resources to make everyone play fair and do the right thing. If you want to get that kill, either come back when those people aren't there or kill it faster than they do.
  18. Death Strudel Augur

There was someone blocking the cleric mob you speak of 3 weeks ago. He was an enchanter, hiding invis nearby and he would decloak and screw people up if they tried to do the "fast" way on this quest. My advice is to do what you need to do quickly, and use the "safe" way (it involves two spawn camps...ugh). The same enchanter I believe also runs a mage bot farm that was also trying to block Bergurgle, whose item is given to said NPC. So even if you got the crown, he'd screw you on the next step, which isn't far away, forcing you to go back to Bergurgle.

This is why we can't have nice things.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

20. Bailen Augur

This isn't really a camp. People are griefing others while they are in the middle of trying to complete a stage of the epic. There's no reason to do it other than to grief them.