epic blocking on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fuzzbutt, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Corilleous Elder

They are not changing the quests to meet your 12 week "in era" time frame. "In era" was originally a lot longer. Epics also will be BiS through Velious for most. So add another 12 weeks to your time frame. There were a lot of people who didn't finish their epics until Velious originally, so to expect them to change things now because you think you should have it "in era" of a 12 week cycle is ridiculous. They are not going to devote those kinds of resources lol.
  2. malaki Augur

Very few epics are BiS in Velious. Also they weren't released with Kunark originally, and also they have adjusted some things already like having Trak drop the guts for bard epic. The difference in the epics is pretty substantial and that's what people have an issue with. If they were all difficult or all easy it's one thing, but right now you have like the shaman epic which can take like an hour from once you hit appropriate level to like the SK and Enchanter epics which are real dumb on TLP.
  3. Zephiron Elder

Less than ten percent of players had epics post PoP when it was live. So sounds like life is better whether you agree or not. Like I said originally, if it weren't for instances, two, maybe three guilds would be doing epics, not every guild. Why am I even trying to explain. Sorry, not everyone who shows up gets a trophy.
  4. Galleyan Augur

Where on earth do you get this 10% statistic? lol. Man we had 5 guilds on my server that had almost every epic on every character. We had alts with epics. Prolly ~500 people. That was 50% of my server in original EQ.

The thing you guys don't seem to understand is that the population of Phinny/Agnar is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than any original EQ server. The game wasn't designed for the number of people that are playing these days. These quests weren't designed for the number of people that are playing these days.
  5. Corilleous Elder

The river of tears is overflowing its banks on these epic threads lol
  6. sneakyflute New Member

Agnarr has 10 times the population (and considerably more douchebags) of any server that existed during EQ's heyday. The failure to modify these quests with that in mind is definitely the biggest oversight.
  7. Smak Augur

since epic quests are not changing, does this mean greenmist and other iksar quested items will not get a 1.5 or 2.0 version either?
  8. Zephiron Elder

No sever had anywhere near 50 percent of the population with their epics, not even come Planes of Power. Just stop, you're to old, your memory is failing. No where close to that. Most people did not raid. False fairy tales being sold here.
  9. theoneandonly1 New Member

Why not just decrease the respawn of Marl and company for the SK epic to 2-6 hours or not make him despawn?! How hard is that to do ?
  10. Wowjustwow Elder

A lot of folks think of their guild and other top guilds as the "server population" when they don't realize all top guilds combined equal probably 5-10 percent of the population. Most of the non top guild folks didn't have their epics so I could see coming into pop with less than 25% of people completing their epics.
  11. Curious Bard New Member

I like how everyone is quoting exact percentages. Can someone link where DBG publishes all this info. I need to check on who has the most krono on the server.
  12. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

They reveal how to obtain this information in the tutorial, but you TLP people shun that.

It is available here: http://bit.ly/4kb77v
  13. Narabug New Member

If it wasn't for pick zones and Agent of Change, the gating would be killing a raid boss that your guild does not have access to, which (in classic) drove guild competition.

The way a lot of these quests are now, the gating is almost entirely waiting on specific NPCs to spawn. There's no reason to have a 3-7 day NPC spawn for these quest targets, other than for people who already have the item to feel some sense of temporary superiority over those that do not.
  14. xakanrn Augur

Agreed
    Not sure why people feel dps race is enjoyable to start with