June 21 Patch Status

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Plainbelly, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arceus New Member

Yeah.. an update would be nice for sure :)
    fuloph likes this.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

^
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Tbh, I do think the devs cares enough for the game to actually stay at work until it is fixed, It wouldn't be the first time they have gone that extra mile, and performed an "all-nighter", just to get things running...I remember they implemented the queue-system at night-time for example....
    Fanra and Bigstomp like this.
  4. Rovguy Journeyman

I've had the squirts all day and I'm laying down eating crackers and drinking ginger ale. Good day for downtime if you ask me.
    Nightmares and Arceus like this.
  5. Waryk New Member

So I just heard the worst news ever.....in Ont. Canada the LCBO might be going on strike monday.
    Senadin likes this.
  6. Arceus New Member

You should try some white bread; just plain, nothing on it.. helps too! ;)
  7. Saltomortale New Member

A fitting metaphor for Everquest, 2017.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Qyzx New Member

welp. the last dev response was almost 2 hours ago now.
    They have gone home.
    Maybe tomorrow it will work again - probably not.

Hire people better than interns - but they won't. None of the roster is a triple A game anyway.
    fuloph likes this.
  9. Nickanj New Member

I DO work in the IT industry, and I know that SLAs like this (i.e., it'll be fixed if we get around to it) are completely unacceptable in any other software shop. After 18 years, they should have a better handle on their own bugs; better yet, they should have qualified QA personnel helping them to avoid them, with proper black-box and performance testing so that idiocies like this don't happen. They do not learn from their mistakes.

The code in this game is no longer state of the art. What IS the proper excuse for this level of incompetence?
    fuloph and Senadin like this.
  10. OliverQ Elder

A 5 hour patch, now 11 hours later with no game all over Housing that isn't even on progression servers.

Truly unacceptable.
  11. Nickanj New Member

The problem is that you think this is acceptable practice in 2017. It's not. If it's not ready, don't release it. Simple.

12. Caderyn250 Journeyman

This thread has over 10k views. Some of those will be the same person, but many (probably most) players waiting aren't bothering to hang out on the forums either. So his estimate is probably accurate :)
    fuloph likes this.
  13. tuffer Journeyman

Now why would I be embarrassed ? lol It's rude to everyone not to give us timely updates on the progress of the patches. I pay to play the game that I love. Not wait 13+ hours for a 5 hour patch. I would also be insulted at the fact that there are literally 12 year old children in the world that can do a better job than some people in professional settings like daybreak ; but I digress.
    fuloph likes this.
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

That is part of the problem. There are bugs, and hidden bugs, bugs that lurk until you do something to change something in the game. A bug that is attached to something else in the code that hasn't surfaced yet until what it is attached to has changed. Then, boom, all heck breaks loose. And sure, you can test to your heart's content in a controlled environment, but putting out live will invariably uncover something that didn't show up in controlled testing.

It isn't an excuse, but it is something that can, and does, happen.
  15. Stephen Journeyman

DBG Techs are now getting desperate ........

[IMG]
    Vexana_Lanys and Caderyn250 like this.
  16. Trizzy_Zek New Member

Did an expansion get released today that we are unaware of ? lol
    fuloph likes this.
  17. mercbruce0913 New Member

Playing Agnarr has brought back a lot of memories buried in the recesses of my brain. This is a memory I'd hope to forget. It's beyond ridiculous that this still happens after so long...in 2017. Never had this issue so consistently with other MMOs.
    fuloph likes this.
  18. EnchFWO Augur

Hmm... longest day of the year. Coincidence?!
  19. Gafgarion Elder

Lol. Got 'em
    EnchFWO likes this.
  20. Firedog New Member

Sorry...I'm bored with no updates so must make my own fun here.

Remember when MTV played music?

Remember when you could log onto EQ and play?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.