Test Update 04/12/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Nekradd Journeyman

*sets up a tub to collect the tears of the paladins....*
  2. Chaosflux Augur

Look nobody is going to take us (I am a paladin too bud) seriously if there isn't atleast a hair of transparency and honesty in our complaints.

The VR nerf is extreme, but saying we couldn't DPS ever at all isn't going to make them scale back the nerf to a more reasonable level.

Take into account we have several abilities in addition that currently don't work correctly that need to get fixed (which has been verified via testing), crying isn't going to help either of those causes.

Get on Test compare live numbers and make an argument. That's what I am going to do, throwing your hands up in the air and conducting yourself in a childish manner doesn't get stuff done very effectively.

But sure paladins could never DPS, go with that line if you want, I am sure they will listen.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

So the EM XXIV is back? It was there in Beta, then it was reduced to EM XXIII.
    Felicite likes this.
  4. Sindaiann Augur

LOL @Seldom that first line is hilarious. The fact you can say that and know nothing about me or what I do, discredits everything you say. I never made sk harmonious sound mediocre compared to others and if thats what you thought when you read it, well whatever. I dont care about you.

Congrats on ignore.
  5. Sancus Augur

Yep, the EoK raid ear is now using XXIV.

It's a pretty standard EM upgrade (meaning very small), but I'm happy that they added at least a little sense of progression in pet power via items. As far as I can tell it's about a 1% increase in HP, max/average hit, and I assume innate defense buff.

Unfortunately I ran relatively long tanking parses only to realize my filters weren't set properly and didn't actually get any tanking data, so I'm not sure about the avoidance changes yet.
  6. Surashu New Member

Levitate might not be working at all on Test. All it seems to do is prevent the player from jumping. They do not levitate and will not walk on water.
  7. Nightops Augur

But paladins have Holyforge disc!
    (I'm being sarcastic for those idiots that don't understand).

On a serious side, paladin dps on raids might have been cut in half with these changes.
  8. fransisco Augur

did the group focus increase by 1 as well?
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

Not according to patch message.
  10. Sancus Augur

I don't have the EoK group pet ear, so I couldn't tell you. /testcopy is an option though.
  11. Chaosflux Augur

More than half if you are talking optimal burn conditions
  12. Thraine Augur

brutal patch guys, for some of us i guess
  13. kizant Augur

At least they're trying to address the issues.
    Sindaiann, Tucoh and Sancus like this.
  14. Randragon Augur

Hey Doom, stop nuking hard right out of the box before the Paladins can grab the mobs and maybe then you won't die soo much. Especially when the paladins have to get within range of said mobs.

Also, watch the agro meter. Remember,that's your friend.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. segap Augur

It's an interesting way to try to tune though. Think most of us agree it was a couple classes that are the problem. Rather than tuning the new EoK things that put those classes over the edge, they're touching ancient things that impact more than just the classes that need tweaking. Seems like a lot of variables at play that they likely don't know the full impact on and how balance will be impacted for a wide set of classes.
  16. p2aa Augur

10 % reduction on shield proficiency is too much. Tanks will get destroyed, especially it's going to kill the more casual low geared low AA tanks who will be unable to tank stuff and will quit the game. I really suggest devs to review this change.
    SevrinSevendust likes this.
  17. Chaosflux Augur

Dps is everyone's responsibility.

Getting every ounce of potential power from your character regardless of class/archetype is what separates the good from the bad.

Any backwards slide in any of the arenas in which your character can perform is undesirable.

Undesirable changes always ruffle feathers. That's a normal reaction.
    Metanis, Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  18. Cicelee Augur

I agree. On raids nowadays our clerics have said "To heck with heals" and ran into combat with their hammers and direct damage spells...
    Yinla, Tallie and Metanis like this.
  19. Chaosflux Augur

Considering healers can load spells that do damage and heal, I am missing your point, should healers not use interventions, remotes, or lion?

I mean we wouldn't want them doing anything but heal right.
  20. Nightops Augur

Because raids will start dropping knights again.

Oh, and picking up loose raid mobs... That role is usually done a lot better by SKs.