Plane of Storms Progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xoner, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machen New Member

Every time they have given us that test we have failed. Maybe this time will be different though!
  2. Machen New Member

Sadly this is true, but I keep hoping that after seeing the long term impact it's had on all those previous servers, maybe they can learn that repeating history one more time ultimately bites them in the .
  3. Demincia New Member

The only reason i'm enjoying Everquest this time around after years of time away is because of the phinny server and how raiding content is not in contention like it was 16+ years ago. This comment about the bottleneck of giants in Plane of storms puts us right back to what i hated about playing EQ when PoP was first release.

I detest the childish posturing and raid forces fighting over petty single spawn progression choke points.
    This will likely be a deal breaker if every person in my guild has to fight for a 4-6 hour spawn target in open world. Even with multiple picks it just means that guilds will hop between picks and DPS race the targets down.

If there are 4 picks open then it's ONLY because a large guild is steam rolling these camps. That's not an opportunity for anyone else to get these spawns. If you aren't in that guild and that raid you won't see these spawns. If a raid comes through for this they're going to want to get more than 4 keys. They're going to want to hold it as long as they can and they won't care or listen to any crying or complaining.

Daybreak doesn't recognize camps, any petitions or arguments over it will probably be ignored. If the guild is smart they will sit there silently and wait for the spawn to appear and then they will obliterate it. They won't train, they won't name call... they'll just take the named and the key and move on to the next pick. You're going to get steamrolled unless you can compete and unless you're in one of the top server guilds you won't compete.

Don't believe me? I went through the same garbage with Fungus grove and the VT key and that was easy in comparison to what this promises. At least that setup encouraged staying in one pick and holding a camp as a raid due to high respawn rates.

Seru at least you only needed 1 person in the raid to be keyed. Ask yourself why you don't have a Sigil Earring of Veracity (Seru key). That's why you won't be Plane of Time keyed.

Get ready everyone, if this goes through you will see raid forces doing just that for weeks into this content and beyond.
  4. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Shouldn't be too hard to find the Phinny thread about waiting around to wake the Sleeper - oops woke him early, sorry everyone!
    Jenarie likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

That's a little different. Here, it would actually be advantageous to SA to work with others. They can't spawn 30 picks by themselves, but if the server comes together and does it, realistically SA will get most of the mobs in those 30 picks during the middle of the night and workday while everyone else is offline. Seems like a win/win to work together to spawn them and then play nice during the 8 hours that other guilds actually raid.
  6. Illusory Augur

I hear what you're saying, but we all know DBG takes the silent approach to these matters and they've always stated that they want the community to work things out before they will step in. Also, you would think that after 7 servers that the 'top guilds' would step up, adapt, and make the change for the community.

I.E - Perhaps the discussion behind closed doors should finally change.
  7. taliefer Augur

there is about a 0% chance of any cooperation between guilds on plane of storm giants, and a flat 0% chance before the first plane of time clear is done on the server.

it will be a shitshow if they inexplicably leave the giants as is and not spawning on instance up.
  8. Zanarnar Augur

Like I said here I'm pretty sure this is Holly's doing; and is a direct result of this server existing and having the audacity to be quite popular after she very publicly decried ever having a server like this because casuals don't deserve to have fun.

I'm left with no other reasonable explanation. The remaining dev's aren't stupid enough to think this won't be a major issue; they just can't say the real reason why and their hands are tied to fix it.

TELL ME I'M WRONG. OFFER ME A LOGICAL EXPLANATION WHY. So far your reasoning runs completely counter to the purpose of this server. Removing bottlenecks so everyone can experience the raid content is basically the point of this server. Not only intentionally leaving one in, but removing these giants from the instance JUST so its an even worse bottleneck ... just boggles the mind.
  9. Illusory Augur

[IMG]
  10. Toodles Elder

is that before or after the zone & server has massive stability issues that are bound to happen, which will continually collapse the hard work that the 'community' is supposed to come together to create.

with all the "wait and see what pops expeditions" that will be opened, and the forced open 'pick instances', i predict zone/server crashes and many lost replay & general loot lockout timers, on top of the griefing shenanigans, bet they haven't considered the fallout when that happens. lots of 'sorry we dont know how to reset instance timers', "we are currently investigating server stability issues for phinigel, sorry for the inconvenience"

i doubt even the redundancy removals the producer letter mentioned will help that much

just another thing to consider besides the can your CS team handle the petitions from griefing/player conduct. will your servers be able to handle the situation you're creating
  11. MaxTheLion Augur

You know the top raiding guilds will be racing for the first kills. Don't be a moron and around in PoS during the initial race. People not involved in the race and wanting to key BoT early will be the ones getting pushed over and trampled. Let them duke it out and things will calm down.
  12. Gherkin New Member

Why punish people who want the chance to experience the entire content of PoP before the next expansion. with mobs on a 4-6 hour spawn rate, dropping 3 pieces max each, and you need 2 different ones from 6 mobs....72 people needing this is about 144 hours of constant grinding and camping these mobs in the hope you don't get steam rolled. Let them spawn in instances!!
  13. Astley Augur

Just want to point a glaring oversight Mabbu... I mean, I think I see what happened here... You had a little MSPaint accident because you cut off the top of the diagram.

I found the original for you.

[IMG]
  14. Barzini Journeyman

If 6 mobs are on a 4-6 hour timer and they drop 3 each then that is a total of 18 medallions every 4-6 hours. Typical guild needs around 72 total to progress onwards. That is a total of 4 rounds of all the giants. So if a guild could monopolize all the spawns in ONE pick they could theoretically get their raid forced flagged in 16-24 hours. If you add in the different picks then total time can go down a lot. That seems like a lot but think about how much we play this game anyhow. Yea...
  15. Baldur Augur

It's not just guilds though, everyone needs these medallions, guilded or not.
  16. Communist Puppy Augur

coc killed harambe?
  17. Soon Augur

@DB, if you need to make a roadblock, you can make the boss harder, not doing this non-sense camping/. The majority of of your playerbase has job and family. Please reconsider!
  18. Soon Augur

You even filter out poo p soc king... you don't like it too. Why do this to us?
  19. Atabishi Augur

The poop socking and DPS racing will be glorious. I can't wait.

20. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

No. AoS re tagged themselves as "Cult of Chaoz" and killed Harambe to grief the server and make it look like we did it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.