How does the dev team see SKs?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Xanathol, Feb 24, 2015.

1. p2aa Augur

No they aren't ahead anymore, knight equal them if not beat them in MT Raid Boss Mobs
    Time Burner 2 likes this.
  2. Phyros-InverseLogic Augur

That is completely Misleading.

P2aa, I've parsed every event. I've lead raids, I've ran the RM, I've healed as a cleric and tanked as a warrior. My primary is a SK. What your constantly stating is not remotely factual. Quit it already. Proc's and Casting spells don't remotely have the same chances of catching a spike over Raw Mitigation.

Knights can't sustain tanking like warriors. They can now flash, taunt and live for maybe a minute or so.

Yes, they have more abilities, Yes they can dps more then warriors and more flexibility. I also agree there isn't enough class distinction, but I've played in times when class distinction was significant.

The current climate is O.K. Considering the shrinking player base. The knights getting a 5% mitigation bonus is insignificant, we get 1 rounded all the time. The Sk's having their one ability, when they fire it its crippling afterwards. They are DONE for the raid for all intents and purposes.

getting a 20-30% mitigation based on weapon type makes sense.

IMHO They should add a modifier that reduces damage on Shields and weapon sets.

IE - 1500 Damage per hit (max 30% of damage) would make more sense, but that's a rather large and drastic change.

Phyros
    Sheex likes this.
  3. Time Burner 2 Augur

I know a sk who moloed well over 90% of TDS group content when it was current - man!

Subpar warriors really don't do much for a raid without overcompensated healing or something.

Sub par paladins can click Group armor and make the difference between a raid win and loss. SK don't get much from what I can see other than 2 bones tossed at them - the wither need 10 tank raid, and the kiting t2 raid.
  4. Xanathol Augur

And I know Warriors whom did it as well - funny what raid gear can do to group content...
  5. Makavien Augur

Your eyes are turning brown xanathol. Anything above tier 2 would kill a moloing warrior even in raid gear a single healer merc can not keep up. Not even close. No warriors do group mission molo .
  6. Onhanis Stonescale Elder

I know how the dev team sees SKs! As yet another of 16 classes that require you to pay to play them at higher level when it's supposedly a Free to Play game. The other classes are: warrior, paladin, cleric, druid, shaman, monk, rogue, berserker, ranger, beastlord, bard, magician, necromancer, enchanter and wizard.
  7. Time Burner 2 Augur

Sk vs war molo was what I was eluding to in part of the context to frame my OP question.

I know several full raid geared warriors, and none of them as far as I know, could molo 24/26 tds group missions when it was the current expansion. No way!

Regardless, are you trying to assert that a warrior molos as well as a sk in the same gear? That would be almost too painful to read.
  8. Brohg Augur

9. Damoncord Augur

Everquest is not and has never been a Free to play game. The Free to play option is more to get you into game and enjoying it so you subscribe.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  10. Onhanis Stonescale Elder

Then why is the game marketed as ftp?
  11. Brohg Augur

Before this discussion continues, what do you think Free To Play means? Overall. Seriously what do you think a Free To Play game is, and why do you think a games company - a business - would make one?
  12. Onhanis Stonescale Elder

I think that a Free to Play game is exactly that, a game you don't need to pay for. I think that the way most devs see it is that the game being FTP makes it more likely for people to subscribe, AND if not, it'll probably increase playerbase anyway.
  13. Xanathol Augur

I look forward to reading your fantasies - they keep getting more & more creative.
  14. Xanathol Augur

And I know several Warriors whom molo put knights to shame due to their huge tanking advantages when TDS opened. One of your claims is obviously false.
  15. Makavien Augur

What are their names so I can remind them to add their boxes to your guild so you can see they are not capable of moloing ? Any named above tier 2 will kill a moloing warrior 9 times out of 10 in tds even in raid gear because they are not up to the task and our dps is so low that it is just a matter of time before they fall behind. Some named even could get lucky and kill us with 2 mercs and that's every named in tier 2 and up for the most part? Most pulls are multiple above that point unless your talking about brothers island ? A warrior moloing with 3 npc on a pull would take about 15 minutes to kill them thats 15 minutes of running discs too And that's 15 minutes straight of a chance the merc is going to fall behind so, your facts must be messed up some where.
  16. Kaliko Augur

You clearly need to get out and solo more or at least learn to maximize and burn as a warrior from other warriors who have tried their best dps'ing. I've had warriors sustain 40k+ dps np in groups ( no adps from bard, etc) over 1600s+ , its just a matter of truly learning your class.
  17. p2aa Augur

Nope it doesn't make sense. 15 % def prof was way enough. 30 % is too much OP and creates unbalanced between classes for MT Raid Bosses
  18. p2aa Augur

Warrior soloing all TDS content ? First of all you have been pretty wrong on almost everything you could have said on warriors in this thread, but this is prolly the best lie ever.
    So yes, you lie, and this one is very ridiculous.
    Yes, warriors solo all TDS content with a cleric merc. ROFL.
  19. Xanathol Augur

And now we know the root of your issues - reading comprehension. I clearly stated that I know Warriors that molo very, very well, from TDS release and on. I never claimed they molo'd the entiriity of the content.

Timer Burner claimed an SK did nearly all of the content molo. The only standout difference when talking about moloing between the two classes with raid gear is that SKs can FD split - otherwise, this is just a ridiculous tangent based on the power of raid gear in group content. But based on your posts, I would expect nothing less from you.
  20. Tweelis Augur

Um......p2aa

For what it's worth I use to be guilded with Xanathol. If RL didn't interfere with EQ I probably would still be guilded with him. Now several of the warriors in his current (my former) guild are/were indeed bad***es. One time I attended a casual raid in Dead Hills. Now I'm not a end game raider with all the appropriate gear and stuff but I can say even going all out two warriors beat me in DPS.

To me this says I can fully understand where Xanathol is coming from. Bigstomp is a sight to behold when it comes to moloing. Koryu, Endiment, Pleadies and Bluudy also hold their own very very well when it comes to being able to take things down; and these are just the warriors I got the privledge of grouping with. Hell, one time Elricv babysat my wife and I through a Argin-Hiz mission and he destroyed Ancient Corpse; no doubt he could have done so easily without our "help".

So to wrap this up, I tend to believe Xanathol when he claims he knows warriors that can molo very well.