How does the dev team see SKs?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Xanathol, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Rykard Augur

There is no sarcasm. Twenty-five minutes on a current raid boss looks awesome to me.

Rykard
  2. p2aa Augur

Are you raiding current content ? Seems like you come here knowing nothing on what happens in the current raid scene. Knights aren't in a bad shape on raid bosses like many try to make us believe. That's not what we see in game.
  3. Xanathol Augur

I just wanted to take time to thank the devs for finally addressing at least part of SKs' request regarding making Voice of Thule's aggro boost (that was used to 'fix' the unexplainable aggro nerf to SK spells mind you) innate via the new AA instead of having to maintain a 15 minute buff. Of course, only part of that aggro adjustment was made innate and thus, that buff still needs to be maintained...

But my real message is to convey that I am particularly grateful to have spend a few moments gaining ~150 AAs just to get back to the aggro my SK was capable of before this patch, while the other tank classes will see an increase in aggro from these newly obtained AAs. Really nice touch... ________.
  4. Ghubuk Augur

Its going to be tough when we are being beat on to get the tap off to get our vot level hate (which with bold attacks is only equal to what it was before) without being interrupted due to its cast time. As well, on magic immune mobs or silence mobs (due to buff not lasting as long), we won't be able to get it to land (though this is less a problem than the cast time issue).
  5. Ravengloome Augur

They should have just made the Bold attack AA's 0 cost.
  6. Phyros-InverseLogic Augur

I don't see the overall relevance of talking about the group game vs the raid game.

90%+ Of the stuff we do is raiding, why is that 10% having all that much of an effect?

Also, since the mobs HP / AC / DPS has significantly increased over the last 4 expansions the "Healing, and self healing" has significantly decreased. Its not like Paladins and SK's are running around clearing out Camps Solo.

Anyways, no two ways about it. SK's to a larger degree are broken for Raid content, they are typically raiding because they are exceptional players, not because of what they bring to the raid.

You can have a Subpar Warrior click some buttons and have a positive effect on a raid, Have a Subpar paladin / SK on the raid and see how long they last in comparison?

They don't have the utility or the tools.
    Zarzac likes this.
  7. Brohg Augur

Are you talking about EverQuest, Phyros-InverseLogic? This thread is about EverQuest
  8. Phyros-InverseLogic Augur

Thanks for your input!
  9. Triconix Augur

I'm confused by this statement. Everything is on point except maybe the percentage of raiding to group game, but from a raider's perspective, I wouldn't say it's far off. Only in TDS because of the limited amount of raids is it different or else a majority of most people's time would be designated to raiding.

Point being: Why have an SK tank when you can have a warrior who pretty much does it better in most circumstances. Why have an SK do dps when other classes are doubling, tripling, or quadrupling their numbers? An SK can't replace a healer like a Paladin can, either nor do they give as much utility/adps as natural support classes.

A SK is currently in a raid because an individual is able to overcome these very clear flaws/deficiencies, not because of their class and what their class brings to the raid. They are in raids in spite of their class limitations.

And if you want to bring up the group part of EQ. Well, the classes are pretty evenly matched so it's not like there's a huge advantage having a knight vs warrior in a majority of scenarios. All three are sufficient with all three having the niche depending on the type of group or what you're trying to accomplish.
    Xeladom, Xanathol and Sheex like this.
  10. p2aa Augur

We are opened to suggestions, if it's not implying asking to MT Raid Bosses like warriors or just below warriors.
    Warriors need to have a big edge on you in this raid situation.

It's these suggestions that knight shall be reliable to MT Raid Bosses, if there is no warrior in raid or not, that is the problem. Or asking that tank classes shall be interchangeable on Raid Boss.

Tanking raid adds/ trash mob in raid is another story. I don't see any problem if you tank them as good as warriors. Hence a 10 % proficiency for knights 24/24 that would allow you too to RT Raid Bosses better.

Example of suggestion that I have no problem relative to SK : instant lifetaps or so that could increase your self healing. It could be a boost to your survival, without threatening warrior mitigation or so.

I agree that SK need some improvement in raid utility versus paladins atm.
    I think a good niche for them, that would go with their class description, would be debuff stuff, so attacking some mob ability (as they are offensive tanks versus paladins who are more defensive tank)
    Make them have some very good debuff stuff that would land on raid bosses and would help actual tanking on it.
    I don't think it would threaten the "classic" debuffers classes, like druids, shamans or enchanters, who can bring a lot of boost yet besides debuffs.
  11. josh Augur

All tanks are good in a raid because we have synergy. Having an sk in my group is a good day, they buff me with recourse abilities and sk epic is freaking awesome. not to mention they don't have an aura so they are one of the few classes who would have a reason to cast guardian circle. One thing you should be complaining about is that your recourse from impose for power does not stack with group armor of the inquisitor. I get your epic but you don't get my best synergy ability, that's genuinely not fair for you. We should only be at our best when we are together and that is the way it currently works for the most part, gaoti is the exception to that and it should be fixed.

A warrior without sk epic, gaoti, sk recourse ac buffs and all the other goodies we can give, is way better than one without them. and it works the other way too. warriors give us faster cast times, more ac and more hp. If you, as a knight, cannot tank. it's cuz you aren't getting benefits from your groupmates that you should.

Not to mention, warriors have no self heal. which means if they are tanking adds they are heal sponges. sk's and pallys can tank a lot of trash without even needing a heal. We can also tank bosses, yeah it's harder for us than it is for warriors but we can still do it. a raid with nothing but warriros would just make things harder most of the time. And if you say, well sk's can't heal themselves as well as pallys, again a lot of that comes down to the fact that you aren't getting gaoti from me, but i am getting your epic.
  12. Triconix Augur

But I'm a warrior o_O

Phase 4 adds with me, a warrior, for close to 40k at times with proficiency on. That's a pretty tough thing to tank without a designated healer...

As for not getting support from other class, I can see where you are coming from but usually raids don't carry all that many knights, especially paladins. Paladins will more than likely hit warrior/MT groups than they will groups with SKs for GAoTI, at least from my personal experiences. Rarely do I have see SKs in the same groups as warriors. Unless a warrior is put onto add duty, they are almost exclusively with other warriors and healers and maybe a bard.
  13. p2aa Augur

I would like feedbacks on the new SK 50 % mitigation AA for 2 min lenght (lasting the full time on big bad raid bosses) usable every 20 min.
    Have top guilds started to use SK in MT TO now ?
    So DBG gave them better than they asked (some asked 1 min 50 % mitigation)
    We are still overall better than SK to MT raid bosses, but because this AA has a long recast timer.
    So i foresee a very big threat to warrior MT role if there would be hastened recast AA for this.
    I think here it's not right that some knight get a mitigation % higher than their parent class.
    The problem of this ability is too the damage thresold, it's way too high and this is what make it last for so long. This ability in his current form is way overpowered for me.
  14. Xeladom Augur

lol
    Ishkur and Brohg like this.
  15. Triconix Augur

16. Drogba Augur

We can. We load the shm/brd alts to accelerate the process if we have them though.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Just say no to thread necro, especially one as stupid as this =/.
    Dre. likes this.
  18. Xanathol Augur

The class is finally getting some of the attention pointed out in this very thread. The thread was great; the trolls were stupid.
  19. p2aa Augur

When I see how much boost you received, first Reaver Bargain and now Def Prof, time to start a "How does the dev team see Warriors ?" thread ?
  20. Xanathol Augur

You're looking at gain in a vacuum and ignoring how far behind SKs were. Even with the additions, Warriors are far ahead, as they should be.