Lockjaw rotation shattered by Faceless - Full FFA time begins?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by rekais910, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tulgin Augur

Make me.
    Alphont likes this.
  2. rekais910 Augur

Or do what the rotation originally stated and band together put faceless in their place so that the rotation can go back to normal balance of power instead of faceless forcing other guilds to give up their power with threats of FFA. Many of us have been in similar positions before and frankly many of us see full FFA as the only possibility. Though I like what you said. It's a trickle down economy in this rotation. Sit idly by while one guild breaks it and stomps their foot on another guild then don't be surprised when such a delicate thing as a rotation falls apart when that stop loosens all of the things holding that rotation up.
  3. Okial Augur

No. No banding together to stop the "FI Monster". It's FFA everything. Clearly the rotation is a bust and has outlived its use as it's now controlled by FI. The faster all you PR babies realize this, the faster you can start focusing on the game and setting up your bind spots/mobilization.
    rekais910 likes this.
  4. Tulgin Augur

Maybe you should have organised that before you left the rotation on your own and started killing other guilds targets? I doubt anyone will follow you now.

Good luck on your own.

I'll wait for an official response by the remaining rotation guilds before I believe it's full FFA. Unless stated otherwise, the rotation is still in effect, with 1 rogue guild trying to disrupt it.
    Imdead and Alphont like this.
  5. Okial Augur

I doubt anyone needs to. Clearly the "lesser" guilds just wanted to hang onto what they had, so they chose FI's dictatorship over the rotation rules itself. What they have done may not be right, but atleast its not being a little to FI. Good luck defending your mobs when other guilds come rolling up.

/inb4youcrymore.
  6. Okial Augur

Oh, you like to edit posts. Rotation isnt a rotation when one guild, the "big dog", has made it clear how that rotation works. Sorry, you're losing what little respect I was giving you due to not knowing you.
    rekais910 likes this.
  7. Tulgin Augur

Well that's contradictory. If they define how a rotation works and other guilds agree, doesn't that mean there's a working rotation.

1 guild leaving the rotation doesn't end it, it just means all rotation guilds need to stop that 1 guild from stealing their targets.
  8. rekais910 Augur

I love you man you're blunt in the best sense. You're right though the time for action in order to stop the rotation breaking by faceless has passed. They did choose to bow to Faceless. I bet none of the guilds supports Faceless in the slightest, but they think there is no other choice. Okial, we'll be doing what we can. It's the life of an EQ raider when people like Faceless leadership powertrip like a bunch of abused monkeys from a bygone era that found a laser gun.
  9. Okial Augur

I'm not going to bother quoting the quotes of whats been said. I've read the guild leader chat, I'm sure you have too. Quit trying to white knight the situation, honestly it makes you just look dumb. I'm not sure when the playerbase lost its backbone to stand up for "right and wrong", but that entire chat is filled with wrong.
    Alphont likes this.
  10. Lejaun Augur

It's amazing how my views on this server change week by week. I've not been appreciative of the actions of Faceless, and I've gotten into several debates with them. I also never agreed with their taking Efreeti and making it FFA because we can.

Even despite all of how much I've disagreed with them and dislike their actions....here comes Modest Man making them look like saints and creating an even bigger enemy. *sigh*

I didn't think it was possible, but the actions of Modest Man have made Faceless look like angels in comparison. Way to screw over every other guild in the rotation, MM. How noble of you.
    Alphont likes this.
  11. rekais910 Augur

Let's do a lil bit of roleplaying.

Guy 1: Hey guys let's make a working rotation where the most people get fair access to the content and we all have a fair voting share in the rules

Guy 2 who is the size of three guys: This is how it is or we are going to walk up this hill and roll back down it over every last one and do everything in our power to make sure you don't get anything.

It's a hostage situation. Not a rotation.
  12. Crymoar Lorekeeper

Meanwhile darthy and his goonies are about to sock vox and naggy. Congrats player auction on your future CoF and RBBs.
    I mean, someones gotta pay for the bills living in Ma's basement ya'know.
  13. Tulgin Augur

So your showing them that there is another choice? To break the rotation and steal kills from smaller guilds? How is that any better than being in a rotation with Faceless dictating. At least staying in the rotation they get to kill bosses, so what if Efreeti went FFA.

Leaving the rotation like MM did will net them a lot less kills I bet, they are better off staying in it.
  14. Edrixx Lorekeeper

Actually, that is a form of rotation and is reasonable. When the 'big dog', as you put it, can kill 90% or more of all raid targets within 20 minutes of spawning 24/7, I'd say they actually have a pretty big voice when it comes to the rotation rules. The fact that they promote a 3:1 ratio with a 24 hour mob timer is actually pretty damn nice and doesn't leave out the server community at all. The alternative could be FI taking everything so I think they are being more than fair.

There's one guild on the server not like the other - and that's the one not following the rules of the rotation that every other guild is following. If MM wants more mobs, simply go for the FFA targets. If MM wants Efreeti, go for it since it's FFA. There's no reason to make everything FFA essentially screwing everyone over.
    Simone, Alphont and Arandris like this.
  15. rekais910 Augur

If they want to continue to be held hostage then fine. You can't blame another guild for refusing to be held hostage like everyone else. Have you read the paste bin from the original reddit?
  16. Tulgin Augur

I never asked if you found the rotation fair. That's irrelevant. It's still a rotation, even if 1 guild has all the power to make the changes.

No one is forcing you to be in the rotation, you can do what MM did tonight and leave.

Yeah, the original logs showed all other guilds want to remain 'hostages'. MM left, no one wants to leave with them. Yet.
    Arandris likes this.
  17. Crymoar Lorekeeper

Please do go after all targets. That way the server will just die faster and everyone will just move onto the new tlp that's coming out in dec and you all will be playing by yourselves on LJ.
    Simone likes this.
  18. Okial Augur

You mean actually making you play for mobs?! OH MY GOSH HOW DID ANY OTHER SERVER GET BY THAT WAY! What's funny, is MM didn't want more mobs. They just wanted what they already had and FI not to dictate the ALREADY AGREED UPON rotation. You're silly, and for your viewpoints, you should lose your mobs for either being that dumb, or flat out full of .
    rekais910 likes this.
  19. Asheran Augur

That is like saying a dictatorship is a democracy because the dictator has a group of people voting to do what he wants. When you use threats to force others to do what you want, it is no longer based on a legitimate consensus. The previous rotation was legitimate, but that stopped the moment FI started using force to get what they wanted.

Congratulations...and feel free to keep blaming it on MM. People will keep agreeing with you, keep supporting you, and stay on your side for as long as you can force your will (in a way that is beneficial to them), but I wouldn't expect that to be very long.

Unfortunately for everyone else, EQ is setup in a way that rewards those who zerg things, and can stack raid groups with dps. That means that you will continue to get most of the boss kills, and dominate the server.

This was not an issue 15 year ago, as raid groups didn't exist, and the largest guilds were no where near the size of Faceless...but there is little we can do about that now. However, we will continue to fight back against you while we can. That said, the most likely scenario is one that results in lots of players being burned out, quitting, and the server dying.
    rekais910 likes this.
  20. Nechi-Brell Augur

I believe Naggy is FI's right now so they aren't exactly socking it and my level 34 ranger in the zone only counts like 10 FI so I don't know how that is socking it. Rekais you are in over drive on this forum trying to drum up public opinion to your cause, but everyone sees you killing some other guilds Inny and not FI's. You retaliated against a guild that wasn't involved in the dispute.
    Simone likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.