Monk, new flavor of the month, reroll now!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Alpha_Ragefire, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Alpha_Ragefire Lorekeeper

I hate, and I don't use that word lightly/often, that some people feel that they have to play whatever class is the current "OP class."

Just needed to get that off my chest, after reading posts/comments today.

Have a Super-Fantastic day!
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

Good, maybe someone will be killing the Shin Lord in Upper Guk soon, and I'll be free to loot a Ghoulbane (my main is a paladin).
  3. Tudadar Augur

People want mages/necs nerfed because they were overpowered. People gave up on wanting monks nerfed because they were always told fist damage wouldnt be changed since it would effect live servers. The live melee DPS upgrade now will effect progression servers. So now as mages get weaker every expansion monks will stay extremely overpowered and melee will keep getting more and more overpowered as expansions go by with discs+wep upgrades. I dont see how you could want one class buried and be ok with other classes becoming very overpowered in the next couple expansions. I was fine with fist damage personally but putting a 30-40%ish dps upgrade all around is kinda gamechanging. Dont forget melee are getting more and more powerful the next several expansions. A mage at sixty compared to a monk/rog at sixty vs a boss mob wont be close at all. Raiders have already been saying mages are near the bottom of dps charts on a good amount of raid mobs (resists , no neg mod nukes). As is why would a guild recruit a level sixty mage without epic if they already have a couple over someone else other then CoH? It just lowers the dps of other pet classes on the raid and doesnt hold their own weight the majority of times. Even with epic I dont believe it will be close.
  4. Necromonious Augur

Casters have their focuses to help them which shouldn't exist in classic, which is a think an overall bigger benefit than those augs they added for melees. A bit strange that they found a way to adjust pets but not monk fists however
  5. dreama121 Journeyman

Nice. So my monk will no longer struggle to kill light blue mobs solo at 50.
    Dre. and Fallfyres like this.
  6. Tudadar Augur

This isnt about the melee augs its about melee's getting a 30-40%ish (lvl50-60) passive DPS upgrade for all dmg/skills that was just announced yesterday. Focus effects were definately a bigger benefit then those augs though, augs werent anywhere close.
  7. Necromonious Augur

Yea that's what I meant. The augs weren't enough so even non-pet casters were in a better place than non-monk melees from how they should have been in classic. Now with the change that gap has closed but like you said, if monk fists aren't corrected and the damage added on top...yikes. Gonna be some Bruce Lee's out there
  8. Solkos Augur

9. IvanK Journeyman

Tell me one mob a monk can solo and mage can't. No, main is not monk. I play a bard.
  10. Porygon Augur

Funny thing is, no-one plays monks. They didn't on Fippy (we had more rogues than monks) and they dont really here. Because the difference is not that glaring.
    In fact right now, my Rogue parses almost identical to my monk. The separation is not that large, its a lot more hearsay than anything else. In kunark, My rogue outdpsed my monk regularly.

This change is a big buff yes, but its not breaking anything.
  11. kythik Lorekeeper

I'm a BiS rogue that out dps's 90% of the time every other rogue in guild and on 3 way DPS races. A not so BiS monk will out dps me. Also i'm not sure where you are playing but umm....there are a lot of monks on LJ more than rogues.

In a group setting you need lvl 46 and the trash weapons from hate/sky to do near monk dps. Honestly you really need one of two 13dmg weapons to compete and then it's a back and forth depending on miss rates.

In a raid setting again monk > rogue. Their skill caps give them about a 10% higher accuracy than rogues. Granted this is based on similar player skill. And by skill I mean hitting your specials right when off CD and not waiting or not using them.
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Don't think we'll see anyone box 6 monks just yet....
    Simone likes this.
  13. Porygon Augur

Both of my Characters are planar geared. Nothing from sky except haste belts. My Rogue has nearly 50 more Str and Dex than my monk currently. And they parse very close to each other.

Like I said, in Kunark, these disparity gets even smaller once a rogue gets his Epic.

Im not saying rogues are better than monks, im just saying that claiming the sky is falling because EVERY melee class is being buffed is just silly.
    Simone likes this.
  14. Tudadar Augur

Its not really rogues vs monks... its monks/rogs vs mages especially at level 60 with discs/easy epics in kunark. Where do you think rog/monk were on the dps charts in kunark at 60 BEFORE these changes?

But also claiming monks arent OP if they get 30-40% passive dps upgrade is kinda crazy (classic) Do you know their ratios?

That said I still believe rogues/wiz should be #1-2 dps. They just dont have the utility other classes do (like monks)
    Simone likes this.
  15. kythik Lorekeeper

Which is exactly what I said. In a group setting yes it's close with back and forth on who gets higher dps. In a raid setting though it's not anywhere near as close.

Rogues should be without a doubt top melee dps they offer zero utility. Hell even if backstab had 100% accuracy, a bis monk still would have an edge over a bis rogue.

Also as to the kunark fixes rogues remark, which gets thrown around too much, monks continue to grow in strength as well.
    To the person I'm sure will say "Welcome to classic" this is not classic. Saying other wise would be akin to calling Frankenstien's monster a Human.
  16. Porygon Augur

I understand what you're saying. I really do. What im telling you, is that the disparity between the melee classes gets closer and closer.

In kunark...IN A RAID SETTING...a rogue can very much out dps a monk. Every expansion lowers the amount of monks played and will increase the amount of rogues. Because rogues continue getting stronger for several expansions. Monks tend to top off once their fists become similar to weapons gained by other classes in late velious.
    Simone likes this.
  17. kythik Lorekeeper

Cool so in 9+ months we will be on even footing...ya that makes perfect sense.
  18. Frenzic Augur

Deleting my 17 mages and rolling 17 monks! Oh yes, there will be dps!
    Steampunk likes this.
  19. Croak Augur

2 months ago I made 6 sets of Wus for a guy boxing 6 monks on Lockjaw
  20. Porygon Augur

Dont tease your server, you know how much they love you.