Enforced Raid Rotation Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Jul 24, 2015.

1. EQ1999 Elder

This has nothing to do with maturity. Guilds have had multiple clean attempts at the new buffed raid mobs and failed without any interference from other guilds. Should TL be expected to give strats and hold another guild's hand through how to kill a particular target?

Trying to compare rotating Classic content with Plane of Time is a waste. It isn't close to the same.

The bottom line is: when the server was first announced, everything would be a dps race. Now that has completely change. Why? We all knew what we were signing up for.
  2. Elkay Augur

So what is the limit on the number of boxed mages? How many "live" people must be in attendance? Who decides that rule? Why should 5 people that can box a raid under one guild tag not have the same chance as everyone else?

Note - I'm not pro-boxing of raids, but this needs to be discussed.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  3. Iateanegg New Member

I like that the guilds that can't kill anything post-revamp, are all for the rotation.
  4. Sabbon Journeyman

I think if you want to join the rotation you can try once a week, one shot, 30 minutes to engage. I played on the Legends Server with actual forced rotations.
  5. Elkay Augur

Because Alan Rickman said the rules could change if people didn't cooperate.
    Barton likes this.
  6. Jamz Augur

Are we able to add boxs/alts to the rotation? What if one guild splits their guild into 4-5 different ones, do they get 5 spots in the rotation?

Can people help other guilds if its not their turn in the rotation?
  7. Sadsong Elder

and you know this, because?
  8. Vaclav Augur

EoV isn't considered a "target" from what you'd said before - keep twisting those facts, kiddo. Only Sky as a whole - did he box crew Overseer and Queen Bee?

And you wonder why I was pretty much your only friend that's lasted more than a few years by your own quoting. Past tense.

I'd suggest people do the same of you - thanks for proving the history that I helped bury probably was true though.
  9. EQ1999 Elder

No, just preferable to those that want to play casually. If you need time to get people online you're a casual guild. Play an expansion behind and you'll be much happier. You likely can't even kill the new buffed content without a raid full of boxed mages if you can't get 70 people online in an hour.
  10. Sabbon Journeyman

We watch them die. Apok on CT, RoI + Rosen on Naggy, Apok/Rosen on Vox
  11. EQ1999 Elder

Because we've seen guilds with more numbers than you wipe multiple times.
  12. Iateanegg New Member

What guild are you in? Who are you in game?
  13. Darth Augur

Why so personal?

Eye of Veeshan is harder than Innoruuk, Cazic Thule, Lord Nagafen, Lady Vox, and every Sky encounter except Bixie Goddess, and Noble Cycle.

If he can do that boxed, he can certainly do the rest.

Please just quit posting, while you're ahead.
  14. Darth Augur

The Dead Halfling Society something like Aszuth.
  15. Krysanth Elder

The majority of people chiming in won't even be raiding, which is the bigger joke. They whined and whined, DBG caved in, going against their own word.
  16. Iateanegg New Member

So a nobody, thanks for the info!
  17. Grish Augur

Uh, I know we're all getting old from back in the day but Emarr merged with us in 2005. Time was instanced in early 2003 and I was part of the discussions for a rotation between the only 3 guilds that were time flagged, Fury's Edge, Triune and Reviction. Lets keep it real now.
  18. Jamz Augur

Eye of Veeshan is significantly easier than Innoruuk, CT, Naggy and Vox.
  19. Katmandu26 Augur

edited out... really not wanting to join this conversation.
    Fallfyres and Rhiyannon like this.
  20. Greymere Augur

Did not say I couldn't do it said it promoted unhealthy gaming, a little flexibility on this goes a long way to maintaining a healthier raiding community, less players burning out etc...You'll notice I wasn't advocating for 24 hours because there is an incentive to killing these things fast afterall. For my part Id rather see as many raiders and casuals as possible going into PoP, where I feel the game really hits its stride.
    Fallfyres and Rhiyannon like this.