Enforced Raid Rotation Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Greymere Augur

Pretty much yup, though I'm pretty sure you are informed of it having spawned first, so you get an hour to mobilize.
  2. Darth Augur

Our rotation rules were made prior to revamped Sky and Planes.

We've already said the 3.5 hour sky clear is defunct. Additionally the guild M.I.M. currently has a Sky day in that rotation, and they have not cleared Sky. But you know why? Cause they met with us and asked for one. We're not locking people out. We're just not going out to people and begging them to play. Do a little legwork yourselves.

So if you can't kill the current version of the mobs, why do you need a rotation spot? All we can do is provide the chance. I'm not going to kill it for you. You had the same amount of time the rest of us did to get gear.

Your force, if fully planes armor geared is likely in just as good of gear as we are minus a few BiS items off raid targets and a few sky pieces.

The fact you think killing these mobs gives loot needed to kill them is both cute and disappointing. You know what items I have from Dragons and Gods? Cloak of Flames and Bloodfire. God forbid you have to use a belt of contention as haste and a hooded black cloak as a back item. God forbid you have to hold aggro with yaks.

Come on man. My Sky neck gives less HP then a JC neck does. My sky shoulder gives less AC than IGS. And, my Sky ring gives less HP than a JC ring.

You don't need Sky loot or Dragon/God loot to kill Dragons and Gods. You need to show up with a raid force and just do it.

You should likely get some planes armor though, it should help.
    Numiko likes this.
  3. Machen New Member

Sure they can, since the answers they come up with are not likely to be the same as the answers the other guilds on the server will come up with, and then it's up to Daybreak to decide between them.

It's not hard to predict how this will go down, and what the sticking points will be between guilds on Ragefire.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Darth Augur

Lockjaw rotation requires you track your own rotation spawns or forfeit them.
  5. Aneuren Tempered Steel

For what it's worth marthisdil is one of the old leaders of keepers of the faith, the number one raid guild from prexus until god. He knows what is necessary more than would most. He isn't wrong to point out that you can't use box crew poaching to justify a raid window with gm enforced rotations.
    Vaclav likes this.
  6. Greymere Augur

Dragons/Phinny/Yael are all still relatively easy for even a smaller guild to kill, only the planar minis and bosses became exceptionally difficult in era
  7. Usethekamehamehawave New Member

Is this a last ditch effort to keep people from jumping ship to Lockjaw?
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Just a small brainstorm here if you want to actually listen to some advice - if you're concerned about opening the windows too much if they're outside of the range, but still want to make it accessible to the non-24H - work in some sort of skipping methodology.

i.e. "X guild would like to be part of the rotation - our raid hours we're willing to do are Y-Z (possibly with day caveats) - we freely pass our spot to the next guild in line when a target is not up within ZZ hours of that window"
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  9. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

1. So now it is you and your guild's turn to whine?
    2. When the people that originally voted for 6 month expansion unlocks claimed DBG were going back on their word, people were fast to point out that DBG had put a proviso in that the vote could be revisited if needed. DBG said TLP would be competitive raiding, but they also put a similar proviso in that it could be revisited if needed. They have decided it is needed.

To me it still seems like an empty threat, it just seems to be form of reinforcing the "behave or else" message, but this time they have tacked "we really mean it this time" to the end...
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  10. Mabbu-EQ Elder

One server should be made to a rotation server (casual), and one made into a competitive hands off server.

Problems solved
    BigDBeeIcanteven and Rhiyannon like this.
  11. Qflex Journeyman

It's really funny that they are trying to do that one month short of the kunark vote on ragefire.
    Guess they're afraid of the max exodus that will happen to Lockjaw.
    Now that TL trampled everything without respecting the other players and are sitting on piles of loot.
    You're placing Guides to do whatever 3 days before the transfers happens.
    Face the fact that the dev lack of action on ragefire brought it to its point, lockjaw is doing just fine because our leaders can work stuff out before gm intervention to save a server.

And by the way, guild A and B have history of not respecting enforced rotations.

Yours Sincerely,
    <Modest Man> Qflex
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  12. Greymere Augur

Thanks for the clarification Darth

I got a question for you, If Faceless prefers 3 months do you trust DBG to enforce rotations enough you would even consider raiding on Ragefire under an enforced agreed upon rotation set or sticking with the server you dictate most the terms on? Just candidly curious.
  13. Daeaorn Journeyman

First of all Darth I have talked to you about getting on the raid rotation (Emerenc - The Free Masons) you have given me the run around, made stupid comments, and made it very difficult to get on the raid rotation. You do not play fair and the rules for your raid rotation don't make sense. It took you a good 3 hours today in Fear before you got CT yet you want other guilds to do it in an hour. I will be part of the new discussions and if needed we will get a GM involved with it if you can't agree to play fair
    Rhiyannon, Vaclav and Sebbun like this.
  14. Grish Augur

Yeah that would solve it, lawl
    Sebbun likes this.
  15. Myth Elder

would never for the life of me think id see Forced raid rotation on tlp servers...

it doesnt work..does Daybreak not remember plane of time
    Sebbun likes this.
  16. Numiko Augur

actually your both kind of right, Plane of Time B was instanced in a crude way that remembered where you left off so you could pick up the next day in 2003, it was fully instanced (both Time A and Time B) in 2005 after the mergers.
    Crystilla likes this.
  17. Grish Augur

There were forced rotations on Fippy. Not sure why it is surprising? Did you not know anything about the previous set of progression servers?
  18. Greymere Augur

Yeah pretty sure the Devs just came out and said Look at what Lockjaw is doing, and take a cue from that or else.
  19. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I believe that is what some of us suggested about 2 months before TLP 3.0 released...
  20. Stewgottz Augur

I think RF and LJ are just test studies for the real project they want to roll out... The Quarm Seasonal server or w/e.

I do agree with people who are bringing up the waffling though, just pick a direction and go with it DBG.

I just wish people brought to their attention months ago that they should probably roll out two different servers with slightly different rulesets :p
    Mezrah likes this.