Fix Warrior class please

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Syrup, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Igniz Augur

This explains a lot!
    Koveras likes this.
  2. Coronay Augur

Lol okay buddy
  3. Repthor Augur

-crap dps- true but you forgot the fact that we are tanks. could the dps be upped a bit sure, every class as something that ----could use helps or a slight nudge. mitigateing dmg comes with a cost
    no feign - we arent steathly fighters(rogs) we dont hone in on powers of death magic(sks and necros), or fighters that have perfect hormoney and control of our bodys(monks), or can immitate certern animals due to our animal bound and nature cunning(bsts) - we are creatures of rage and anger that we combind wit tactical presicsion/awreness to capure the attention of our groups foes. but we can buy potions and fd
    no nukes- we have tons of nukes but instead of them doing massive dps they produce aggro (you know the things that keeps mobs attacking us)
    crap aoe aggro - we have enough AE aggro to do what we need to do and 1 minute of every 5 minutes we are basicly untouchble (wade in to battle) you need to botton better
    no heals - true , but we are also a non magic user and healing is not in our toolkit currently, we have sevral ability that temporaly boosts our hp and does so very well as a matter of fact best in the game
    no CC- controlling mobs from attacking other ppl/ moveing mobs exactly where you want them- is CC and ALL tank classes does this super well, the warrior class is no exception to this. tanks CC more then any other class in the game hands down
    no insta cast invis- we arent a magic user, and yet we can bellow out with primal rage and frighten most enemys not to attack us (howl of the warlord) or get an item that invises us there tons of them. theres pots that can invis us to
    no debuffs- we can debuff just fine in our way - debuff AC(put punch, first spire of the warlord), debuff mobs movement speed(knee strike), prevent mobs from fleeing (call of challenge) , decrease enemys ability to avoid melee dmg (tormenting shout)
    Epic 2.0 is trash - true but its better then nothing 800 hp heal is 800 more hp then u had b4 clicking it and it has a chance to make you resist detrimental spells thats not flagged unresistble
    no cures - true again we arent a magic user, theres clickies
    no DS -true again we arent a magic user. theres clickies everybody gets
    mercs hold better aggro- learn to botton better this is just terrible play if this happens

my replys in italic-

i hope this makes you understand the warrior class better, if not it sounds like you want to reroll a knight class and they are good tanks to in their own rights so if that makes you enjoy the game more i hope you get that done
    ps: Druid/Sk is really strong combo
  4. Zarakii Augur

i thought this had to have been made a few years ago but nope was made today...... seriously lack of skill does not say a class needs help....
    Shirion likes this.
  5. Iila Augur

I bet you never expected this thread to go so well, did you?

It's actually doing better than the original.
    Shirion likes this.
  6. Slasher Augur

Not sure if the OP is serious or not.

Warriors are tanks not dps not healers not CC they have one role TANK and they're the best at it.

7. Zarakii Augur

someone is going around asking to fix classes that dont need to be fixed they are spamming the boards on different accounts so the devs loose track of the things that do need fixed... please ignore these post and hope the devs actually find the ones that do need help

Here is a link to the last one the format is even the same. its one person trying to derail important subjects

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/fix-shaman-class-please.225061/page-2
  8. Brohg Augur

So the real question is why warriors are easier to ... rile-up-and-draw-into-pointless-discussion ... than shaman. Or was it "lessons learned" and the …post-to-rile-folks-up-and-draw-them-into-pointless-discussion …was more ably done?
    Iila likes this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Wow. If you're srsly, then wow.

If not, that race from Grobb says herro prs ^ .^
    ImSorryButIHadTo likes this.
  10. Famka Elder

Can we do bards next?
    no cc
    no fd
    no adps
    no runspeed
    and remember... only facts, don't tell me we already got those things!
  11. Goth Augur

this is the key one i would like to see fixed. Need much better AoE agro
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I think you're confusing warriors with Paladins.
    Iila likes this.
  13. sojero One hit wonder

LoL when they fix Paladin AE agro, until then, learn to wade.
    Iila likes this.
  14. p2aa Augur

War AE aggro is not the best amongst the 3 tank classes
    Because our AE aggro is slow refresh.
    Wade into battle = 5 min refresh
    Stormstrike Blade = 45 sec refresh
    Area Taunt = 10 min

In comparison, SK AE aggro is godly, with their AE aggro ability at will numerous abilities.
    That's fine as SK shall have the best AE aggro of the 3 tank classes, and I don't ask more AE aggro ability here.

Paladins need certainly a boost to AE aggro, but if they get some upgrade it shouldn't be better than warrior AE aggro power.
  15. Brudal Augur

For the sake of accuracy,
    Isn't hastened instigation 6 ranks of 10% per so 6 minutes max hastened?
  16. Orbital101 Augur

This game already easy enough at is plz make it even more easier is what the OP meant
  17. Triconix Augur

For the sake of even more accuracy, Enhanced Area Taunt is 15 minutes and Area Taunt is 6 minutes!
  18. Damoncord Augur

I don't wanna be fixed.... My dog hates everyone since he got fixed. :)
  19. Shirion New Member

Agreed, but help out our Knight friends.
  20. Shirion New Member

Repthor, sir, you hit the nail on the head. Very good post.

Just wanted to add that the although they aren't traditional debuffs when we think of them, but any Hate Over Time, Recourse Effects such as Insult or Bracing Stance from Shield Topple, Brace for Impact (When it procs), No Time to Bleed (which at times will show on the debuff at the same time as Brace although you aren't receiving both benefits) Blade Whirl (when Guardian Fires), etc does temporarily take up a debuff slot on a mob. Also, Imperator's Precision is a decent debuff.

I am an Iksar, so I go through a ton of invis potions if Howl isn;t up. Even then, I try to save howl if I am in a zone that could possibly warrant it. Although I, like many others, carry Planar Overdose with them as well. It is just more of a pain than anything. But I don't think I would change it, I usually grab summoned from Mage's when I log in and it's not like we are using them on raids now a days.

I constantly carry at least one stack of curing potions, depending on where I am going.