Fix Warrior class please

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Syrup, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Syrup Augur

Comparing with other tanks;
    crap dps
    no feign
    no nukes
    crap aoe aggro
    no heals
    no CC
    no insta cast invis
    no debuffs
    Epic 2.0 is trash
    no cures
    no DS
    mercs hold better aggro

ETC ETC

Please reply with facts, not only with the subjective "WAR are powerful/awesome", it means nothing.
  2. Zarzac Augur

ABSOLUTELY

And they should all be 7 feet tall have fireballs for eyes and shoot lightning from their !
    Sheex, Taease, Elricvonclief and 6 others like this.
  3. Igniz Augur

Guys, it's WAAAAY too early for jester's speeches ...
  4. ImSorryButIHadTo Lorekeeper

crap dps - your mitigation is superior
    no feign - it's called fade
    no nukes - you're a pure class, you don't get nukes. feel free to reacquire a nuking class through game play
    crap aoe aggro - you are doing something very wrong, Wade Into Battle is just one ability which is significant
    no heals - that's what a merc or real PC healer is for
    no CC - neither does a paladin or sk.
    no insta cast invis - Fade will invis you, also, invis potions are a staple. buy them
    no debuffs - you are a pure class, with several self buffs, you don't need debuffs
    Epic 2.0 is trash - it's better than not clicking it, and the SK 2.0 is special and always has been
    no cures - ..................
    no DS - .....................
    mercs hold better aggro - not when played properly

Oh and my warrior is an alt with no raid gear, he does absolutely fine tanking anything in TDS.

EDIT: or is this just a thread to try to get warriors nerfed?
  5. Zaknaffein Augur

I am WIlliam Wallace!
    Warpeace and moogs like this.
  6. Triconix Augur

Ignore the troll. He's probably the one who made the fix Shaman post also.

Actually, both posters are wrong on some of these.

No Feign - there are potions. Everyone has feign now.

No Nukes - There are nuke clickies that we get. Also, some of our abilities add DD procs (100% cast rate upon using the ability). New TDS BP for example adds a nuke to kick/bash. We have Barbed Tongue (wish we had a new one) it adds a DD to our taunt.

Crap AE aggro - Yes/no. Wade is pretty strong when you're trying to lock down quite a few mobs. Outside of that one ability, our AE is pretty pathetic unless you get creative. Something like rage of rallos + rage of the forsaken + double rune proc weapon IE chelsith wep with a rune aug. Our stormwheel does damage which isn't always ideal for ae aggro. Our roar is limited - very limited.

No CC - Well, pallies get stun and can stun lock mobs pretty effectively. SKs get snare. Don't they both get roots? I have no idea, I don't play knights nor am I ever with one outside raids.

No insta cast invis - It's called a potion and they cost like 20 plat a stack. If you don't count that, you're crazy.

No debuffs - Warriors get quite a few debuffs. Also, if you raid and attain the "rare" belts, you can slow/cripple! Tormenting shout has a debuff. Roar is a debuff. Also, there are plenty of clickies in this game with debuffs....get some.

No DS - why is this even a complaint? With clickies my DS is sitting around 200 permanently and more temporarily with the horn.

mercs hold better aggro - LOLOLOLOL
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

It must be a troll thread, because OP makes zero mention of the wonky weapon stances. How could they not make the list?
  8. Taloz New Member

No Feign...Howl is your fade,not exactly feign but works in many situations

Crap AoE aggro...are you using all your AoE abilities? Wade alone is near AoE aggro lock in most situations,
    Then you have Stormstrike,Roar of Challenge,Rampage,AE taunt,and if you still need more get a rune aug
    for your weapon. I have zero aggro issues even with swarms of mobs in camp. Either your group or you are
    doing something wrong.

No insta cast invis...howl is near instant invis,and works like perfected invis. If you need true instant,get some
    invis pots.

No DS...Nearly every back slot item since..HoT? maybe earlier,has a clicky DS. Or buy some Skinspikes pots.

Mercs hold better aggro...Again,you are doing something wrong. We have so many aggro tools,if you are losing aggro,you are not using
    everything or not using them correctly. If I want to aggro lock a mob,it's mine.

Is your warrior your main or an alt?
    If you want some pointers on aggro ability use just ask,
    I,or many of the much more knowledgeable Warriors than myself
    would be happy to help you out.
  9. Endless Augur

Warriors need snare too! It's BS we don't have it. Sure, we got knee strike and call of challenge, but those don't work more often than they do. And we should be able to heal and buff!

Also, fade. We need insta fade, kinda like bards so we can pull or just give us FD.

These are group needed abilities! We need more classes that can snare and pull effectively as well as heal. I mean, sure we're decent at tanking, but there is more to the game than just tanking.

I'm mostly joking btw. I'm OK with just being a warrior. I'm always like..wtf...when someone picks a hybrid class and then cries about how they don't do as well in an area of that hybrid class compared to the pure class for that area.

Think it's a making fun of that shaman that wants to be a druid (and other classes), as a shaman.
  10. Sancus Augur

I'm pretty sure the OP was actually mocking the Shaman thread, not actually trying to argue those points....
  11. Iila Augur

To OP: Good meta-parody thread.

To everyone else: /sigh
    Orbital101, Beimeith, beryon and 4 others like this.
  12. Taloz New Member

You can snare if you really need to,just bandolier in
    the old Silken Whip of Ensnaring.
    Seriously though,if you want to tank,play a tank. If you
    want to provide group utility,play a utility class.
    A warrior can fill many roles in a group,just not nearly
    as well as the classes intended for those roles. We can
    snare,slow,dps a little,pull in some situations,even Rez
    if you want to buy tokens. But we will never do any of those
    things as well as the intended classes.
    Grab your shield,pop some defensives,piss the mob off,
    and take some hits. That's our job :)
  13. Igniz Augur

A friend explained the warrior to me as follows:

"A Warrior is an ironclad meatloaf jumping up and down in front of the mob like a gummy bear, gaining and holding his attention away from others and gleefully singing "neener neener!" whenever the mob whacks him."
    Jiggs, Fanra, Mayfaire and 1 other person like this.
  14. Triconix Augur

Unless said mob decides to kick the warrior where the sun don't shine. Then he curls into the fetal position and whines to clerics that they didn't do their jobs well enough ;)
    Warpeace, Elricvonclief and Fanra like this.
  15. Lilura Augur

I know this is a joke thread, but I really don't like how warriors have been turned into knights with no spells. They were dual weilders up to HoT, now they have AA that punish them for dual weilding. Ridiculous.
  16. Fenudir Augur

Pretty sure Syrup and Fixshamansplease are the same person.
  17. Fenudir Augur

Incoming ire response from BB in 3... 2... 1...
  18. Lianeb Augur

Call me one of the few. I actually like where are warriors at in game. We do two things and we do them WAY better than anyone else. That is piss off mobs and take the hits.

I personally do not care that i do like 8-10k sustained DPS that is not my role and i have never seen that as my role. CC? Why just pull them all and just do what you do, TANK them, CC is for Whimpy tanks or Mercs. Any warrior complaining about Mercs with more aggro is Warrioring wrong.

All that other stuff is Fluff and Not needed by the Warrior class.
  19. Mayfaire Augur

Speaking as a warrior...

PLEASE don't fix me, DBG. Please, just look away. Don't think about warriors, don't even give us a second thought. <Hides under the desk until the threat has passed> :eek:

:rolleyes:
  20. Coronay Augur

I just made my warrior in January and have to say it is one of the most fun classes to play.
    Orbital101 likes this.