Ragefire/Lockjaw Kunark Poll Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Jezter New Member

So you put a vote out, and then you ignore it and do what you want to anyway. And I guess since I have a life outside of EQ, I don't matter anyway. So I guess I have no reason to renew my accounts. Have a good day DBG.
  2. doodelydoo Journeyman

If I've learned anything about DBG, they are great at listening to their customers and sticking to agreed upon plans. I don't see any reason to worry.
    Mezrah and Friday like this.
  3. Skipper Augur

You can count on Ragefire moving faster than six months per expac. There is no reason to stay six months in Kunark, Velious or Luclin. I could care less how long we spend in PoP, up to six months, but then back to three months thereafter.

Take the transfer to LJ.
  4. Demonoid74 New Member

The only real solution period , is to create a third server for all these "people" that want to rush expansions...leave Ragefire and Lockjaw alone on the predetermined and VOTED for 6 month timeline . If these "people" want to rush , they are all allowed to transfer one way to the new server and stay there till they completely destroy it like past progression servers...NO transfers from Ragefire or Lockjaw for any reasons at all , except allowing the "people" that want to rush to go ahead to this third server...

Everyone else gets to stay in place , with their names , friends , guilds , costumer base etc.
    If not and you continue to force your Russian company beliefs on everyone else , you are going to lose a massive amount of business very quickly...
    Simone and Rhiyannon like this.
  5. Skipper Augur

For responding to the wishes of the majority of the players? I think you are confused.
  6. doodelydoo Journeyman

This is at the top of /r/everquest right now

[IMG]
    Rhiyannon, Friday and Jezter like this.
  7. Sleestax New Member

Actually, Skipper, the majority is the sum of 6 months plus asap. Therefore the majority polled, responded negatively to the 3 month option.

See, that's the problem with underhanded tactics like what DBG used to combine two responses. When you start massaging the data to manipulate the results, it becomes obvious to people that they've been had.

In any case, I'll concede. How about that? You win! You and DBG can now pat each other on the back and congratulate yourselves. In the meantime, I've canceled a long-standing sub to EQ and I'm currently downloading another company's game client. Enjoy that victory, Skipper.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  8. Sinzz Augur

cracks me up why would they give up there cash cow mages aren't anywhere as powerful in kunark as they are in original and goes down a bit from there the longer mages stay on top the better it is for mage box crews so most likely they voted to keep the 6 months and will move to lockjaw cause well they wont care about names or friends they just want that phat lewt ... I think your logic is totally flawed and only time will tell who is right :)
    Fallfyres likes this.
  9. Jezter New Member

Basically they are saying what we vote on or say doesn't matter. I though this was voted one and rules stated before the server started. Then people whine so we vote again, and the vote comes up the same, yet you still change it anyway. And since you only care about a select few people and do what you want anyway, I am sure Velious will be released early, then Luclin and so on. And this server will be just another Live server. So until this gets fixed and you guys start caring about paying customers I am done with this game, because you guys have let it run into the ground.

Have a good day.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  10. Sinzz Augur

can we has your stuff?
  11. Gregolo Augur

You could care less, or couldn't care less?
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  12. Velnarin Lorekeeper

Give people options and all they do is complain about having options. I'm so sorry for the staff, trying to make a compromise for everyone based on feedback and getting everything from told they're lying about the results to they're monsters for giving in to the majority and allowing both options to please the masses.

The only mistake I see was to make three poll options instead of two, because now people who didn't look at the actual numbers have some idea that 6 months won. Fantastic.

I respect votes: All of them. Reality became more apparent to people, the situation was different than some people imagined or hoped for. The original poll didn't account for everything possible, including but not limited to overpopulation and the inclusion of new-world elements making leveling easier. I can't quite believe the fuss created over this discussion, and I'm disheartened by the animosity. Here's hoping 'other companies' make those leaving happier. Honestly. But my faith is limited, as every forum I've ever seen has screaming meme "worst company ever" fits on them. But I digress.

Holly and co., you have my respect.
  13. Nolrog Augur

What more do you need than what has been defined. The exact same rules, LJ puts the vote up 6 months after raid targets dead, RF puts the vote up 3 months after raid targets dead.
  14. sihpa Augur

I think the outrage is due to the 1-2 punch of "you casuals you dont deserve blah blah" followed by, "even though the majority voted on this, we're going to take the least voted for option and plop it on the primary TLP server" thus compelling a majority to move off their current servers even though their option won.

How much did it win by?
    Wait Aristo, how much did it win by again?
    Wait that cant be right. By far sounds like something significant.
    Ya theres reason to be unhappy but its definitely not the end of the world. Especially if you survived the first week of this flawless TLP launch. LOL
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  15. Velnarin Lorekeeper

Actually, unless the actual numbered poll results I read were incorrect, Aristo actually just worded that badly. About 45% said they wanted 6 months, but there were two other options. Kunark opening tomorrow, and there being a vote again in 3 months. Combined, the other two options did beat the 6 month option.

I think not knowing that that was the case due to the "6 month option got the most votes by far" wording blunder is indeed what sparked the outrage, but through a mistake, not meaning to say "you won but we're not going to do it your way because we don't feel like it".
    sihpa likes this.
  16. sihpa Augur

Are there actual numbered poll results somewhere around here?
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  17. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

No, the only official information we have is the one from Aristo that started this thread.
    Fallfyres and Friday like this.
  18. Moonie New Member

If we are going to be offered transfers I hope it would be asap and I hope it will include alts as well I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to keep all their toons and get settled into our new communities.... Please consider this .. Thanks.
  19. Lifetap Augur

I would think that the transfers would happen after the vote, because if the vote fails, then there is no reason to transfer.
  20. Tharrg Augur

I question how many people were not allowed to vote. The server rules stated that Only people that were over level 30 get to vote. So does that mean that with this vote that people under level 30 were not allowed to vote. Not everyone has been rushing content because the majority of players knew they had 6 months so they were taking their time. Does this mean They got left out of the vote... because they were taking their time. IF so was this really fair to them? I have not heard of anyone that had any characters under level 30 indicate that they had got to vote. So the numbers for the vote may be horribly innacurate. The only fix would be to go back on what they announced and allow both servers to keep going for 6 months. As that was the clear winner. Remmember that Ragefires second option was immediate release.. so the vast majority were for instant release or keeping the same. They were not for 3 months. You can manipulate the numbers anyway you want.. but the vote/poll never said that the majority would be the winner.... No voting or polls in the world are suppose to work this way. You cant ignore the clear winner and justify it the way people are. Regardless if the player base majority that could vote picked 3 or instant unlock.. they didnt win.