Ragefire/Lockjaw Kunark Poll Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Tintaglia Elder

How about not allowing transfers at all? If you want to jump ship to the other server, you need to reroll. Still have five months to get max and geared on LJ, and two on RF. Even for a Filthy Casual™ that's enough time. This would prevent players with such a mind from flooding either server with items for resale just to try to make some coin. And it would keep massive amounts of krono from being swapped between the two servers. I know of one player that admits to having roughly 250 krono on RF already. That's just excessive. It would have a more important effect of forcing the people with mage bot armies to start from scratch, or stay where they are. That right there is all the reason I need to not want transfers.
    frankie78227 likes this.
  2. Behee Augur

They are two servers at the same stage, and one has a rule change. Transfers are reasonable. It's time to get over it. Sure, we would love it if you moved off the server, we like people here who are open to others, not some weird contempt for other players.

Some want a long time in classic content, some not. We have that, let people decide which server is right for them without tossing in all sorts of extra contempt.

Intolerance for others doesn't make us the better server. Lots of the incoming people are decent. The ones who cause the issues will likely stay on Rage or move there, since 5 months of raiding in classic will irritate them no end.

I am delighted when people can play the way the want, without extra rubbish tossed out by other players with their own agenda.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  3. Azzudien Augur

At the present time, NEITHER server is opening Kunark any earlier than planned. Ragefire will have a vote on opening Kunark in 3 months, Lockjaw's vote will not be for 6 months.

NO transfers should be allowed prior to the actual vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rhiyannon and frankie78227 like this.
  4. Pikallo Augur

Nicely written, without a sense of entitlement that comes from most "suggestion" posts. However I don't think a 3rd server is a good idea. You mentioned you can't think of any downsides but the main downside is that there simply won't be the population to support 3 servers in the long run. Maybe for the next month or so - but there was already speculation about Lockjaw turning into the next Vulak, but with a 3rd server it would be almost guaranteed. Merging servers isn't just clicking a check box or dragging a slide bar - so while you might not consider it a downside - it's not something that would be ideal for either the subscriber or for DBG.
  5. Arrk Augur

So basically DBG should spend time and money to move people to a new server.. then merge the other two and close down on server....

that is crazy...

Transfer to either RF or LJ, or don't. Accept you won't get your name, unless it is unique. Organize with your friends and guidlies.... to see who is moving and who is not.

otherwords... R E L A X... just like Aaron Rodgers said...
  6. Azzudien Augur

Everyone is making comments like this is all a done deal. If you go back and read the official announcement the ONLY thing that changed is when the Kunark votes will happen.
    Ragefire will begin voting to open Kunark in 3 months
    Lockjaw will begin voting to open Kunark in 6 months

NO Transfers should be allowed to happen until Ragefires vote is COMPLETED

Lockjaw's vote should be for the people playing on Lockjaw, not Ragefire refuges
    Ragefire's vote should be for people playing on Ragefire.
  7. frankie78227 Augur

If people want to x-fer they should reroll or pay. Don't let box armies x-fer to ruin LJ. There are more than enough boxers/botters there already.
    Friday likes this.
  8. Tintaglia Elder

So glad you pointed out what a horrible person I am. That will change my life, forever!

Now Mr. Negative Nancy, here's some truth for you. If you have unhappy people on server A and server B has an environment more to their liking and they WANT move to it, but transfers are not allowed, you will get the ones that will enhance the environment and community because they will not care if they have to start from scratch (I for one would be happy to help someone level up) and the ones that are not in terested in sarting over and more importantly the ones we don't want - the mage bot armies en masse - would not come over to LJ. Unless what you meant to say is that you WANT the masses of mage bot armies and would welcome them with open arms?

No, for me, I would HOPE for the best kinds of people to come over, even if it means sacrificing some time they already invested on RF. That was the underlying message, since you seem to only want to interpret me as a bad person.
    Friday likes this.
  9. Arrk Augur

That can't happen...
    The minute the vote passes... Kunark releases... there is no delay.

The transfers have to be done before the vote is unlocked.... no ands, ifs, or buts about it.
    Simone likes this.
  10. Azzudien Augur

The only thing the recent announcement changed was WHEN the Kunark unlock votes will happen.
    Ragefire votes in 3 months to open or not open Kunark
    Lockjaw waits 6 months to vote to open or not to open

Kunark is NOT opening in 3 months on Ragefire unless the vote for it passes
  11. Friday Augur

Wait a minute, Tintaglia, you said folks brag about having gotten 250 kronos on RF and you're concerned about it?. Now, I could be wrong about this because I don't traffic in kronos, having newly returned to the game, but isn't a krono that exists on any server transferable and consumable on any other server? Isnt the krono "all access"? If so, what would be the issue?

Also, we are on opposing sides of an important issue. I want desperately to be on your server, with all my toons, yet you bring up some very valid points. If I am reading you right, you don't want the refugee waves, not necessarily because of folks like me (32 shaman +various alts), but because we are coming from jerk fest, exploiting, 6 botting, plat farming central? Is that right? And some of the rabble is inevitably going to come with us? And also just the sheer population weight too? etc.?

I want RF players on LJ, you don't, but we have one thing in common: neither of us are well served by this 'fix.' Please do continue to voice your concerns. The fix as it sits, puts both of us in a fix. I don't want to be a refuge; you don't want to deal with refugees. Got it, and thanks for the civil tone. Folks need to understand your position, most especially that it is nothing personal.
  12. Wispur Elder

Neither vote will fail. Ragefire will want Kunark asap, and Lockjaw will want it at 6 months (as planned).
    And even IF one of them did fail, the vote gets reheld the next week.

Just get it over with now, and let people play with like-minded people asap.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  13. Oloren New Member

A very reasonable compromise DG. Thank you

If you're on RF and don't like the Kunark unlock early, how about just not going to the zones or buying any of the gear or gaining the levels? Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to zone into Emerald Jungle. With so many Classic adherents, you shouldn't have a hard time finding groups and like minded friends.

I started playing EQ seriously in Kunark and it took me a year to hit level 50. I never cared that a whole bunch of people were in higher level zones.
  14. Hurbicide Journeyman

Can we stop calling it a (TLP) Time Locked Progression server...
    and maybe call it a (TSP) Time Suggested Progression server...
    or a (TDP) Time Delayed until the same people that 90% of the server can't stand whine loud enough that Daybreak devs cave in and grant them everything they want Progression server.

The problem is the constant changing of the rules to support a minority of people. Alienating a large portion of the player base just because the guy that multiboxes 6 mages is bored. You said what the rules were... have a spine and tell the whiners to come back in 6 months when the new content opens.
    Simone, Rhiyannon and Friday like this.
  15. Tarrin Augur

Are you even seriously trying at this point?

No Preference does not mean " stay at 6 months". It means " I am fine with ASAP, 3 Months, or 6 Months".

If you wanted to combine No Preference with any vote, you would add them to every single option...not just 6 Months.
  16. Tarrin Augur

So..the people that 90% of the server can't stand represented over 50% of the vote? A lot of people hate themselves.
  17. Tintaglia Elder

I think what neither of us wants are the dregs - the KSers, the trainers, the bot armies. People with like minds should of course, be allowed to play together, and LJ seems so far to be a better environment for us Filthy Casuals™. And yeah, the person that claims to have more than 250 krono is very vocal on this forum. And I for one am of the belief that krono have no business being on a TLP at all. It's destabilizing, and allows the RMTers, most of which employe the mage bot armies, to keep at it without expending any real cash. If it were up to me, and it is not, you would need to actually subscribe with a credit card to access the TLPs at all. It's not a perfect world we live in, and there are no perfect solutions, and there will always be someone left on the other side of the draw that is affected.
  18. Vlerg Augur

with transfer, it's logical to assume people in favor of unlocking will stay on ragefire, and those who arn't will move to Lockjaw... it is extremly unlikely that the vote to unlock kunark fails. ( i believe there has been only 1 vote on fippy that failed, ever? the GoD vote?).

add the remaining 1.5 month ish of classic we have, even more player realize how limited classic content is...
  19. Ghroznak New Member

I have no interest keeping any of my characters on Ragefire anymore.

When will you open the free transfers to LJ?

To be honest, I have no real reason to even play the game right now cause it will be pointless to group, guild and network on Ragefire when I have zero interest in staying on a server which will be at the same expansion as Live servers before summer 2016.

I'd like to move every character I have from RF to LJ, and as soon as possible.

Open the transfers already.

Or are you going to demand payment for transfers as the final, ultimate insult to your customers?
    Rhiyannon and Wide_Glide like this.
  20. Ghroznak New Member

I have no interest keeping any of my characters on Ragefire anymore.

When will you open the free transfers to LJ?

To be honest, I have no real reason to even play the game right now cause it will be pointless to group, guild and network on Ragefire when I have zero interest in staying on a server which will be at the same expansion as Live servers before summer 2016.

I'd like to move every character I have from RF to LJ, and as soon as possible.

Open the transfers already.

Or are you going to demand payment for transfers as the final, ultimate insult to your customers?