Ragefire/Lockjaw Kunark Poll Results

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Friday Augur

Minimum to vote was level 10, Thargg. Not sure where I saw it, maybe Holly's twitter or something.
  2. Fallfyres Augur

----------------

I'm sorry, somehow I missed seeing the ACTUAL NUMBERS. Please link.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  3. Tharrg Augur

Ok... but if you add the votes from the No preference... would that make 6 months the winner? there were 4 options.. not 3. People who were content and didnt care about the vote are being ignored. We should demand that daybreak show us the actual vote break down.. how much were voted for in each of the4 options....
    Friday likes this.
  4. Tharrg Augur

Where are the votes for the 4th option? Those didnt get added to the 6month and these players were content to leave it as it is. I demand we know what happened to their vote. [IMG]
    Friday and Templeton like this.
  5. Sinzz Augur

demand? lol strong words man strong words ...
  6. Nolrog Augur

I'm confused. What vote are you talking about?
  7. Friday Augur

It looks like no one is happy except hardcore RF raiders and rabid Kunark fans who started on RF.

Folks on RF who subbed for advertised 6 mos "rules set" must become refugees if they want to play by the original rules.

Folks on LJ are not happy about influx of refugees and cash upsetting their established community that many are very happy with. Understandable, really.

The dev team is either going to a) stick to their guns and ram it down, b) nix the transfers (as many on LJ are requesting) forcing folks who want to get away from RF to re roll if they want to continue playing, c) wipe and restart the servers, or d) have the realization that "On both servers, the 6 month option got the most votes by far, meaning a very large percentage of you like things as they are and want to continue on that path" probably means...a very large percentage of the player base would be content to leave things as they are and would prefer to 'continue down that path'" and that would also be in agreement with the original rules set originally voted on and originally put forth.

I wonder what they are going to do? I am on the edge of my seat, mainly because the community has been told one thing before, seen it it writing even, and seen it changed based on feedback from players. The new feedback, the latest feedback is from the folks on Lockjaw. For more, roll up a character over there and listen to their general chat. They are not happy to host the wave of refugees they have incoming, and let's face it, for better or worse, RF has gaggles and gaggles of bot armies and plat farmers.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Allied New Member

9. Storytimebros Elder

They ran to that server thinking they could get away from the problems. They wanted to control a server as well. Now they are about to receive the same problems as ragefire. Mainly overcrowding which was never addressed in the first place. Could of made 4 diff type of servers to cater to each play style instead of trying to cram everyone into just one server.
    Friday and Fallfyres like this.
  10. Friday Augur

And can still. They are teetering on the brink with the proposed "fixes" and I just so very much want to see them get it together. Leaning more and more towards wipe it, wipe it all. Restart and do it right. I was resigned to transfer to LJ, but folks there don't want us.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  11. Fallfyres Augur

------------
    Important questions asked here, but damn, ** PLEASE DON'T BEG THEM EVER AGAIN.**
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  12. Wispur Elder

Yeah, once the transfers go through:

Ragefire is guaranteed to be filled with impatient kids who want faster and faster unlocks.

Lockjaw is guaranteed to be filled with working adults who want to take relive the nostalgia.

Make your decision based on which you want.

(Also note: They never said transfers are guaranteed, they only said they "are looking into them".)
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  13. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Those are the current rules, however after the free transfers, and after Kunark launches, it could be a case that they decide once again to revisit the expansion unlock timers and claim that a change in the server (RageFire) population that resulted as a result the previous poll / transfers means that the new poll will be 3 months, 1 month and 1 week after all raid targets are killed, then if the option for 3 months has the most votes, but the combination of 1 month and 1 week have more combined votes, they decide the server really want 1 month unlocks, and then offer another round of free transfers...and they then use the same excuse to revisit the poll after velious launches, this time with options of 1 month, 1 week and asap after all raid targets are killed...

Precedent can be a real pain in the ...

EDIT : 1 monk, doh!!
    Rhiyannon and Fallfyres like this.
  14. Tumpulele New Member

DBG,

First of all, I would like to thank you for allowing us the option to vote. I know there is a lot of dissent regarding your interpretation of the poll results, and I feel the disconnect is that many subscribers fail to realize that they do not have the right, or expectation, to dictate the direction of the TLP servers. Your team obviously has a more complete picture of the situation, and in theory, I trust the call that you are making.

I know this has probably been suggested somewhere, and perhaps you yourselves have any considered it, but I think the best option to implement your strategy would be to do the following:

1. Create a 3rd TLP server that institutes the 3-month Kunark, and perhaps do a separate poll for the unlock schedule for future expansions on that server. This could come now or later, depending on your preference.

2. Allow transfers from LJ and RF to the 3rd TLP server, but not between LJ and RF. This would mitigate a lot of the concerns that myself and others have regarding the two server populations mingling.

The proposed benefits of this solution would be as follows:

1. Anecdotally, this would make a larger percentage of the fanbase happier. You wouldn't be 'changing the rules', which is the primary concern of hardcore 6-month group, and the populations on RF and LJ would continue to get what they initially expected; at the same time, those who are itching for Kunark can have that opportunity.

2. This would help address population concerns as well. By keeping the same ruleset between LJ and RF, the servers could be merged at a later date, should the population on one server begin to suffer.

There are more nuanced benefits to this as well, but these are the two that really stand out to me. Conversely, I am unable to think of any downsides to this proposed plan. Granted, I am not an expert and you have much more experience in this field than I, but I'd be remiss if I didn't at least mention my thoughts on the matter.

Again, thank you for your hard work.
  15. Arrk Augur

Horrible idea...

Let say RF has 4000 people... and LJ has 2000.

With your proposal and based on the poll results...

2000 people would leave RF, and 1000 people would leave LJ...

So you would end up with 3000 on the new server, 2000 on RF, and 1000 on LJ.... That would be horrible for LJ.

Now if people follow DBG suggestion.

2000 people leave RF for LJ
    1000 people leave LJ for RF

that is 3000 people on each server... a good solid number on both servers.

People need to just get over the fact that they may not get their name when they transfer, and plan with your guilds and friends.
  16. Tumpulele New Member

I see your concerns, but I disagree. Your example assumes that people will transfer based on their vote, which is something that we can't really know for sure. Sure, perhaps it will turn out that way, but if it did turn out exactly as you propose it would that would leave LJ and RF predominantly with like-minded players that want slow progression. DBG could then merge those two servers, so we would have 2 servers with 3000 people--one on a faster track, and one on a slower track, with mostly content people.
    Simone likes this.
  17. Gumlakx Augur

I agree with Tharg. We need to see the actual numbers for the 4 options. I strongly suspect that if option 1 and 4 were combined they would win over a combined 2 and 3. Since option 4 almost beat out 2 and 3 combined.

I agree with others who have posted that combining votes is not proper. If the sitting candidate gets 49% of the vote, they don't lose to the second or third place candidate.
    Simone, Rhiyannon and Tharrg like this.
  18. Behee Augur

Look, the vote was cast, they are looking at free transfers, anything more is a waste. Decide what yu want for play style, pick the closest server. How hard is that?

What we don't need is all these flavors of the exact same thing so person a,b,c ... x,y,z all have the perfect server rules.

Plus, this has been discussed at length in the many, many other threads. I voted, I got one server which meets my needs. What more do I expect?

Furthermore, I intend to continue play BOTH servers. Maybe do that to keep you occupied.
  19. Tumpulele New Member

Though my post may not indicate this, I am mostly content with the decision. I play on LJ, and haven't played on RF in any capacity, and plan on doing the same thing going forward. However, such a proposal would make the most amount of people happy, in my opinion, more than the current agreed upon solution. I do have an interested in seeing the community happy, as a happier community will lead to TLP servers that thrive for a longer period of time.

Again, I am not of the mind that DBG is making a terrible decision and I'm not going to 'vote with my credit card' (seems to be a common buzz phrase in a lot of these threads), and I also know that similar suggestions have been proposed. I know DBG is unlikely to change their mind on this, and I am not so arrogant so suppose that my meager post would convince them to. However, I do personally believe this option is a better one, so even though most people--and probably DBG as well--will disagree with it, it's something that I felt compelled to post anyway.

Just because you (and I) are happy with the solution doesn't mean that everybody is, and you and I are only a very small portion of people paying to play on these servers.

Some of the concerns are very real--server transfers to LJ could hurt the server a great deal. We just don't know right now.
    Simone and Rhiyannon like this.
  20. Wispur Elder

I just want them to get on the ball and start the transfers soon. And by soon, I mean today.

Let's rip off this bandage fast so we can get on with our gaming. All of this uncertainty is absolutely toxic.
    Friday likes this.