Let's be real..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Orienn, Jun 19, 2015.

1. MaestroM Augur

I figured it out.

It really does all make sense. Boxers and RMTs fund their operations through kronos. Kronos cost 17.99. A one month sub costs at most 14.99. DBG makes 20% more per box account than they do on real people subs.

They WANT us to buy gear from RMTers. They DONT want us to go out an farm it ourselves. They want us to have just enough content to keep logging in and buying kronos so we can buy our raid loot. Every SMR in the hands of a casual who farmed it himself is 17.99 lost to DBG. Pretty .

classic. My account expired today.
    Friday likes this.
  2. Flandersian Augur

Forever and ever, if you wanted raid gear in EQ and weren't willing to put in the heavy hours -- hint: those hours ARE the competition-- you stayed an expansion or two behind the lead guilds. You didn't get in era raid loot, you didn't get a consolation prize, and you didn't get GMs caving to whatever your passing fancy is this week.

What you did get was a fun experience with your friends and a (usually) mutually beneficial and healthy relationship with the top end guilds.

Where did all you people come from?!? Because it sure isn't any version of Everquest I've known for the past 10 years.
    Ishbu and Nickatropolis like this.
  3. Vlerg Augur

- it's not classic. it's TLP. not the same

- ragefire have atleast twice the population of normal server back then. on top of that, an overwhelming larger number of people are getting max lvl and aiming for raids.

- Because stuff wasn't instanced / highly contested / wathever design decision/technology limitation they had back in 1999... it's not 2015. stuff changed. Amongst other thing, there's a reason where every single PvE game (including everquest post-GoD) instances stuff. '' competition '' is one reason. designing raid around a fix amount of player and not large zerg forces is antother.

- it is certainly the everquest of the past 10 years. since 10 years ago ( OoW-DoN era?) raid and group content were instanced. It may not have been the everquest of 16 years ago...
  4. ngs1 Augur

Which is precisely why TLP EQ holds a niche and competes against none of those games. No one is going to come back to play an old buggy turd game if your strip away the only things that make it unique.
    Fallfyres and Flandersian like this.
  5. Vlerg Augur

I sure as hell did not come back precisly to sit around mob for hours twiddling my thumbs hoping my zerg force do more damage than the other zerg force in the sub-10 second window the mobs live.

And that's sure as hell not how classic raiding was back in the day.
    Friday and Rhiyannon like this.
  6. Finwen Augur

Speak for yourself.
  7. Flandersian Augur

I'll consider this a +1 to the 'Bring on Velious' crowd. Thank you for your input.
  8. Hexaholic Augur

Which is exactly the era it was voted into, so it's going to be like it was, BACK THEN. Classic only = no instanced raid bosses. That's how it was then, that's how it is now (on TLP), and how it shall remain.
  9. Maxe Augur

The only reason you TL bottom feeders are against instancing raid content is you can't also RMT / bot lock down camps so you can trade things a ton of people need other than you for krono to further increase your bot army. That way you can just harm touch 100 times instead of just 40. There are a few good people in TL, a very few. I lump you together, because they know how the rest of you are and still stick around. You're not famous, you're a joke, and a bad joke at that. You're those people who show up to a party and everyone looks at each other and goes "who the f invited this a-hole?"
    Orienn likes this.
  10. ngs1 Augur

They were pretty clear on how they were going to proceed without raid instancing and yet here you still are. If you don't like it then leave.
  11. Flandersian Augur

I'm against it and have never been in TL and have never RMT'd (real money to buy stuff I can camp in game? HA!)

But I do like how TL has been formed into a Single Demonic Entity on these forums. That shoots AFK bot mages from it's eyes and craps Krono from it's .
  12. Finwen Augur

I want TL to start arguing for static raid spawns since they don't want to poopsock and they want competition.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  13. Vlerg Augur

good one =).

we got newbie zone instanced, regular zone instanced, raid zone instanced... raid mobs themselves are the next step ( or a fast forward to PoP-GoD. i'm also fine with that).
  14. Vlerg Augur

to be fair, you only need 3-4 boxing those mages armies in a guild of 100+ people to give the illusion of ''shotting bot mages from their eyes''.
  15. Vlerg Augur

Velious, luclin and even PoP!
    Flandersian likes this.
  16. Maxe Augur

If the majority of people I see getting jammed up by TL came on here with a real public outcry to the devs in the way your forum 3 do, a lot of your guild would be starting from scratch on several accounts. I've personally witnessed your members botting, even afk botting things with a program that makes them sit and stand every 30 seconds so their toon will get aggro and the bot pet will go to work. Not just one group, several. Not just one instance, several. Not just one zone, several. It's rampant. You make no effort to stop it. You certainly don't seek the truth. You just keep doing it. You're not the only guild who has members that do it, Apok has a lot of them too, but your presence is overwhelmingly toxic to the majority of players. That's why many other players and I come on here talking about it - and why so few if any legitimate people have anything positive to say. Someone paying you to come kill something does not count as an act of selfless altruism. You're full of a large number of textbook sociopaths, and you wont ever recognize it because you are sociopaths..
  17. ngs1 Augur

I've personally seen you warp and bot.
    Teylk, Flandersian and Frenzic like this.
  18. Jaxarale01 Augur

I love this bs... It is classic deal with it. Funny how when it is other things being complained about you peoples answer is... its progression server not classic quit crying ir leave.

Lolol I just love love love this playing both sides of the coin so that no matter what you people are right.

Pick classic or progression and then lets chat...
  19. Ootax Augur

Translation, they get more stuff than I do so I'm going to cry about it.
    For the record, I'm not in any guild at the moment and yes I've seen some shaddy stuff by TL, but I've seen shaddy stuff by members of other guilds too and not just one or two other guilds. Really the TL bashing is getting kind of old. Everyone knew this server was going to be a dps race before it opened, everyone knew it was going to be extremely crowded before it opened, and everyone knew TL was going to be on here before it opened, and everyone knew raid targets wouldn't be instanced. DBG has bent over backward to make this game less of a cluster *%*# and you people still keep on crying about it. Bottom line is, if you want a raid target, sack up and go compete for one instead of asking for one to be handed to you. Even if they did instance raid targets, you people would then cry because they didn't spawn between 6pm and 10pm. Then you would get that and you'd find something else to cry about. It amazes me how much time some of you people spend on these forums crying about TL and/or the raid scene.

TLDR: stop crying, go play.
    Teylk likes this.
  20. Flandersian Augur

This is a common theme throughout the forums. When you can sift through the incoherent rambling, of course. It's not just one side playing both sides. All sides are playing all sides.

Cats living with dogs I tell ya!