Long Time Away

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Slowhand, May 5, 2015.

1. Slowhand Elder

So auto grant picks your AAs for you?

Sorry for all the idiotic questions. Just don't want to screw it up ....and thanks for every ones patience
  2. moogs Augur

Autogrant gives you nearly all AAs possible for your level, up to about level 90 or so. There are some very specific ones that it will not grant but that's the gist of it.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

leveling opens new AA some passive some must be actived to be use some are a must for some classes.
    http://eqaasearch.org/
  4. Slowhand Elder

ok ...so I just dinged 51. Set Auto Grant to Auto ? and set XP to 20% AA so I can earn enough to eventually get what auto doesnt give me?

Kinda given up trying to understand this so will do whatever people suggest.

and what should i do for non All Access accounts. Set to 20% and wait until level 80 then go all access for a month?
  5. Slowhand Elder

So my Auto Grant gave me 3 levels of Innate Metabolism and level 10 of Hybrid research? Did that waste points?
  6. moogs Augur

You're okay. On your Gold account, AutoGrant is perfectly fine. If you would rather spend the first 4,000 points by yourself for maximum efficiency and then use AutoGrant to backfill, you can do that too. (The first 4k will be earned faster.) AutoGrant is a checkbox and you can toggle it on/off. If you spend any AAs manually, those will be kept for the life of the character. The autogranted ones will vanish.

On the FTP accounts, at least, learn to pick and choose where to spend your AAs. Some are worth getting right away, and others like Innate Metabolism don't provide all that much value. When you spend the points manually, you'll learn more about your characters' range of abilities.
    Borek-VS likes this.
  7. Borek-VS Augur

although trying to do that will make your brain explode.
    moogs likes this.
  8. Slowhand Elder

Spending the first 4,000 by myself means earning 4,000 ...correct?
  9. moogs Augur

Correct.
  10. sifonin Augur

I feel as though auto grant should be applied when you get to 90 or maybe a bit before on your toons slowhand. Grinding 4000 aas on each toon before auto grant and back filling I think can burn people out on the game. Auto grant was put in as a way to decrease the gap between the people who had many many thousands of aas and those returning, trying to catch back up. IMHO it was a brilliant move. DBG/SoE gives the customer a good boost for coming back, but it did not corrupt the game or make it too easy as some hardcore vets may tell you. The aas that are given through auto grant are extremely useful, but there are several thousands of more AAs that become more and more useful and make your toon even more powerful past lvl 100..

For example, my main was auto granted 6400 aas, and now at nearly max aa's he is at 12,500. Once you auto grant you will still have a LOT of aas to purchase so IMHO it does not make you feel less accomplished. Plus AA's are one part of the high end equation in eq (albeit an important part of the equation, but there are other important aspects such as end game gear, focus effects for casters, augmentations, infinite amount of quests to gain unique achievements/rewards). and so I believe the auto granting is a very smart move for any returning player to make once they reach the 85+ lvl range..

P.S. Once you auto grant, take time to look into all the activated abilities your character has gained and try to find a guide for how to lay those out on hotkeys to be the most effective.. if you want help with necromancer burns, shoot me a PM though I know you have started favoring other classes :)
  11. Slowhand Elder

I think I am getting closer to understanding. I have noticed things sure start happening in your 50s with AAs, disciplines and new interesting abilities.

Thanks for all the help and input

...and I will hit you up about Necro burns. He will still be leveled. Feeling the itch as I type !
  12. Slowhand Elder

Are there still hell levels ? Level 59 and into 60 are dead slow. Was in plane of hate, plane of decay and now Bastion of Thunder. 1% per kill....on yellow mobs

I have 20% of the XP towards AA but it still seems very slow. Just the way it's going to be now through to 105 or just picked the wrong zones
  13. moogs Augur

Try Noble's Causeway.
  14. sifonin Augur

1 percent per kill is honestly a LOT easier than the hell levels use to be. In older content hell levels might consist of .01 pct exp per kill so do not be discouraged by 1pct per kill. Also mercenaries suck a lot of exp from the player characters in the group, so it may be beneficial to drop down to one tank or healer merc per group if you can manage.
  15. Slowhand Elder

I will, thanks.
  16. Slowhand Elder

I guess the question is ....is this how it's going to be for the next 45 levels ?
  17. moogs Augur

It takes me on average 10 hours of gameplay to reach the next level. That's doing HAs, daily quests, and general this and that. In later levels (75+) you will gain XP much faster by completing quests for additional XP rewards. It's not a race. Just mix it up and do some more exploring.
  18. Borek-VS Augur

Well...

Way back when, probably GoD era, I can very clearly and painfully recall level 59 taking 20 kills per one percent. And that was after the exp changes to remove hell levels. So yes, 1% per kill on yellows is amazing.

What I will tell you is that up to 70 you can still get around 0.5 - 1% per kill solo in quite a few places. The trick is to find places and situations when you can kill fast (the Hole, but lots of others, too).

70-80 will go a lot slower. But you will find that doing sets of daily quests will give you 4 - 14% (depending on what ones you can do) all the way to 105. And HAs can potentially give you better than that, without being restricted to one set per day (although they do have their own daily bonus sets).
    sifonin likes this.
  19. Slowhand Elder

Daily quests as in Hero Quest once a day?
    HAs = ?
  20. moogs Augur

Heroic Adventures are group missions which were added with Call of the Forsaken (expansion #20). They're the most popular way to gain XP these days. The difficulty scales to your level down to about 75. Now there's virtually no XP gained from kills, and about 99% is gained on successful completion.