Six Months Seems Like A Long Long Time

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phased Sullon Zek, Jun 1, 2015.

1. patius New Member

Please just stick to 6 months. That is why you are getting my money
    Kopuz and Fallfyres like this.
  2. Wildwand New Member

And the same here aswell, I realise I'm only 1 paying customer, but as I convinced a good friend to join me as he never got to experience the game from launch, I'm sure he would be only too willing to pack his bags aswell if DBG does another vote to keep the Hardcore element happy.
    My only question is, where does it stop? when a vote is taken and a month later the content is cleared will DBG change it's mind and offer up another vote to appease the vocal posters.
    Stick to the original vote please.
    Kopuz and Gythlen like this.
  3. Filnydar Journeyman

Everyone in this thread is assuming that Classic has a smooth levelling path from 1 to 50, which isn't the case at all.

The mid-level zones where pick-up groups used to form in 2000 were all in Kunark (Ill Omen, Frontier Mountains, Dreadlands), because, past level 20 in Classic, the choice is between dungeon groups or nothing.
  4. Greymere Augur

Should we start putting up threads demanding longer times between expansions maybe premtively demand they increase Plane of Power to a year, at a certain point two week into a server all the we need Kunark votes now threads and OMG my guild with only 5 level 50's cant raid threads get old, lets give the population time to develop a bit first.
    Glistarian, Finwen and Kopuz like this.
  5. Bumpkin Augur

With a voting system in place it doesn't make sense to make the period longer. If the community wants to extend an expansion they will simply vote no.
  6. Walter_Quadkite New Member

The same for me.
    Wildwand likes this.
  7. Vanic Elder

It stops when the game becomes relevant again. Nobody, even casuals get any satisfaction from raiding because there is none to be had. The only challenge and I say this with 100% confidence from any "skill" of player at this point is the bee's in Sky. Other than that, as long as you have a blend of classes anyone can kill anything while being on the toilet.

I enjoy classic and kunark for what they are, but there is also the realization that they don't support a true "raid" content with how they have screwed with characters base mitigation. If you want to argue that point, the next time you're grouped have you enchanter cast high agro spells, they tank almost as well as a tank. The difference after getting Plane armor from now? You take 0 dmg.

I get my vote was in the majority, but this game does not require an effort until Velious, even then a CH rotation cures all. I get the sense that people don't like to raid in general, but instead they just want what they don't have as in any game, job, etc... To me it's no wonder why people hated Gates of Discord, you can't be a dope and progress, if you make a mistake you get 1 rounded. The game in it's current state is stale, and I think most people could essentially agree, I like diet coke though which is basically flat coke so to each their own.

Would it be as bad if there weren't these instances? Nope. To me the instances were a great initial idea, but to keep them in after making a second server destroys the economy, as if Krono's didn't already do that. After all, who the eff wants plat if someone will pay for your account for a year for an SMR. The decisions we have I know...
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Giappo Augur

Vote in three months. Six months is INSANE! Six months before Kunark SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN AN OPTION.

In three months time a lot of people will change their tunes about wanting to move on.
  9. Exitx Journeyman

I'm going to throw my vote into the mix here. 6-months is a perfect amount of time. It provides enough time to get to level 50, and farm gear, and do trade skills, and maybe play an alt.

Please do not shorten the time, we already voted on this time frame.
  10. Giappo Augur

Sigh, no we didn't vote on it. People on Live and Test did.
  11. Vitality New Member

I wonder what happened to ingame polls from paying and playing customers?

I recommend doing what path of exile does and releasing new major content refreshes every 3-4 months. Not 6. 6 months is an arbitrary number with little research backing it.
  12. beyrak Augur

I didn't vote for it. Wasn't even aware of a vote. I know many others who have said the same. Shouldn't a poll be taken on the actual progression server? Yea, I think so.
  13. Glistarian Augur

Sure. Let's vote. As long as 9 months and 12 months are options.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  14. beyrak Augur

I could live with 3-4 months per expac (with no voting) and six months of PoP/LDoN.
  15. Finwen Augur

Just unlock an expansion every two weeks. The server will rot away in 2 months and everyone can walk away unhappy. Solves all problems.
  16. beyrak Augur

That's the point. These casual classic people and P99'ers are scared of the game past classic. That's where they quit back in the day and think the game is too difficult.
  17. Styixi New Member

Please stick to 6 months. Do NOT listen to vocal minority... maximum nostalgia was my choice on both polls, and for a reason. A vote happened, result was very clear, why did you even opened door to making an earlier vote... that's completely negating the vote that already happened.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  18. nipper Lorekeeper

What poll? We had a poll? I don't remember any poll taken on Ragefire.
  19. nipper Lorekeeper

You think it won't die with six months of vanilla? You haven't played on TLP's evidently as population drops as time drags on, on each expac. You have to progress to keep people interested.

In three months, people will look at this differently..
  20. Vanic Elder

Not to be a jerk, but can you explain the nostalgic part of an instanced EQ, nukes doing 1/2 a mobs life, dragon dying in 10 seconds, or the ability to clear Lord/Frenzy/AM/Cav with a good group? Ah the nostalgia of people leveling in old zones, that's probably it.