Six Months Seems Like A Long Long Time

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phased Sullon Zek, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Giappo Augur

My sentiments exactly. And trust me, a lot of people's minds will change in three months.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  2. Gythlen Augur

And then you'd get people screaming for transfers because the rulesets were not what they wanted, since DBG changed one or the other.

No thank you. If people burn through content and hit 50 in a week, that is their choice to do so. DBG didn't make them do it, no one else but themselves. I was on a TLP server and enjoying content, which was then unlocked and slapped out one after the other after the other. I called how it wouldn't work with voting as all the heavy raiders would just pay people to vote yes, and boom boom boom expansions out one after another.

Some people WANT to take their time. If you're bored on the new TLP, you can always play on the live server and get your fix to 105.
    Deadshade, Fallfyres, Kaneras and 2 others like this.
  3. Gythlen Augur

So you have a crystal ball? Can you tell us the winning numbers for the lottery?

Sorry, I don't buy that 'trust me' malarky.
  4. Giappo Augur

Hmm, max level, no AA's, no epic to work on, melee classes useless, same old noob zones, yea, you bet they will be screaming for Kunark in 3 months.
  5. Goodnews Augur

When it "seems like a long time", that should be a hint that perhaps this is not the right server for you. Numerous other servers are all fully unlocked. Fippy and Vulak are also options for those who do not want to hang around in classic.

What I am seeing is a certain type of gameplay already dominating the server through the most lucrative camps, named mobs, loot and of course, economy. It is this type of gameplay that wants to move forward. They do not want the masses catching up and once again, they are just like everyone else, even with their up to $90/mo sub fees.
    Glistarian and Viscount like this.
  6. Gythlen Augur

Then might I suggest NOT rushing to max level? So much to do. Been crafting my own armor and weapons, finding recipes I've never done before, getting factions raised, buffing passerbys, as well as making friends.

Sounds more fun than being 50 and bored. :)
    Deadshade, Lejaun, Fallfyres and 2 others like this.
  7. Viscount New Member

Nope not a chance, especially with time to work on tradeskills, time to play alts and do some twinking. My family and I enjoy the slow progress and will certainly be enjoying the 6 month timelock promised by DB. That is why we came back to this game. It most certainly doesnt have any real "classic" sense to the game but I do like to be able to start over and have some time to leisurely build my characters again, work permitting.

Those that blow through the content and then scream to unlock despite knowing that there is a timelock in place...well there are a lot of servers available to them to play. This one was timelocked for a purpose...and I enjoy that purpose.
    Deadshade, Fallfyres and Glistarian like this.
  8. Dark_Intentions Augur

I plan on leveling 3 toons, so 6 months is fine. I don't understand the rush to the top, and then just sit there complaining. Take your time and enjoy.
    Fallfyres, Kaneras and Viscount like this.
  9. Daykin Journeyman

Not exactly to solve any problem with overpowered classes, but it would be nice to open up a vote *just* for opening Kunark a little early.

Kunark has such a huge wealth of content that will alleviate a lot of peoples issues about farming/grouping/raiding.

On a more personal note, I started playing just as Kunark released, so my "classic" experience was leveling in Kunark zones which was a terrific amount of fun.
  10. Banuvan Augur

If you are bored already and aren't in TL i'd like you to answer the following questions please.

What tradeskills, if any, do you have maxed?
    Are you BiS from classic?
    Have you leveled up more than 1 character?
    Have you killed any raid bosses?
    Are you in a guild that plans on doing more than just grouping?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  11. Druz Augur

I am level 42 and I did not rush, I just played and did what was fun (Guess what, in a game based off of DND dungeon crawling happens to be fun! and you get a lot of experience doing so). Yes I could have done something else, like played Hearthstone, or binge watched through X-Files to prepare for the return this fall, but I was enjoying Everquest, I played a lot, and now I am almost max level with nothing to do.

If it takes 6 months I will just make a lot of alts, but not everyone can be entertained with alts. Tons of max level content in Kunark and beyond, not so much with classic.
  12. Gythlen Augur

Fair enough. But for those who do level to 50 or near it, who then start to whine and moan because they say they have nothing to do when they knew what they were getting into with the 6 months, it's just stupid.

I think there might be more people wary of voting yes, especially about how fast the other TLP went though expansions each time, catering to the raiders.
  13. Kaneras Augur

Part of the problem lies with the EQ game designers themselves.

There are many ways to slow down the leveling process. Give people another reason to log in besides group-grinding high experience dungeons. Surely you must have known the never-satiated power gaming crowd would scream the loudest. They always have.
  14. Risiko Augur

No Thanks.

I want to get many characters up to level 50 with max crafting BEFORE Kunark expansion is open.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. Risiko Augur

For the record, I want to have plenty of time to do all of the quests and crafting in Kunark before we go to Velious as well.

I came to Ragefire to get the MAXIMUM NOSTALGIA out of CLASSIC, KUNARK and VELIOUS. I am hoping that these three phases of Ragefire lasts through 2016. If we get to Shadows of Luclin before January 1, 2017, I will be VERY disappointed.
    Gythlen and Fallfyres like this.
  16. Banuvan Augur

so you aren't max level. You don't have BiS items in every slot. You haven't maxed all tradeskills. You haven't killed any raid bosses. How are you bored? You haven't even begun to touch the game.
    Gythlen and Fallfyres like this.
  17. Gucci New Member

This is probably addressed somewhere else but I can't find it. Why can't mages and monks get a nerf to their tables just under level 60? I understand that what changes on tlp must change on regular but I'd have to assume that with gear and economies and crescent reach available on regular servers this would not impact endgame content for non progression servers and allow for a more balanced tlp experience ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  18. Banuvan Augur

They can't change it because the way it's coded it would have to be changed on every single server they have. It's hard coded into the game.

BTW, No more rezzes in /sup Gucci.
  19. Roshen Brand Manager

Hey all,

Since this came up during today's stream, I wanted to jump into this thread also.

To reinforce here what was said during the stream: we acknowledge that 6 months of classic is a long time. While for now we're going to stick with what players have voted for, it's possible this changes.

It's still very early on these servers (Lockjaw has been open for less than a week. Ragefire has been open for less than two weeks). We don't want to make a knee-jerk reaction to something like this, but we have been talking with the team in regards to if we want to let players vote for earlier unlocks on Ragefire/Lockjaw, and how long we should wait before a vote like this should happen on these servers.
    Jadefox, Zinth and Indrigoth like this.
  20. Glistarian Augur

A vote after about 22 weeks sounds fair.
    Zinth likes this.