[TLP] Free-2-Play Customer?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Havenbrook, May 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultrazen Augur

What possible motivation would DBG have, as a business, to allow F2P on servers that are packed with wait times to get into them?

And you question other peoples intelligence?

You've also managed to combine victim mentality with entitlement syndrome, no easy feat, congrats on that I suppose.

You can play all the classic content you want FOR FREE...all day long, every day. You can make 24 free accounts, box your mage army, and enjoy the TLP experience all for yourself. Go away.
  2. Warlorf Augur

I think its only fair that paying customers get access to the TLP .. we pay for them to be implemented!
  3. Havenbrook Journeyman

You pay for them to allow you to play on their servers, not to have new stuff implemented. They just keep giving you content to keep you paying.
  4. Tachya Elder

It's been a while since I read one of these :cool: Sorry for not reading all 5 pages of whining though. There is a saying, "beggars can't be choosers". But yeah keep making demands for your $0 per month, I'm sure DayBreak will pay close attention. $15 a month really isn't much for unlimited entertainment, and you can say "I'm a paying customer". While that's a cliche, at least it will be true.

Also LOL @ admin for 6 game servers. Hosting NWN or whatever on your home computer has nothing whatsoever to do with running an MMO server that can hold thousands of concurrent players. Are you also a computer programmer, network administrator, and customer service manager like all those other types complaining on MMO forums?
    Elricvonclief, Senadin and Yara_AB like this.
  5. Havenbrook Journeyman

I host Space Engineers, Team Fortress 2, CSGO Surf Server, ARMA 3 Insurgency, Teamspeak 3, a Wordpress website, 7 days to die, Starbound, Terraria, and Minecraft is our next addition. I actually have 2 server blades that I own and sit in my home.One is Windows Server 2012 R2, and the other is Debian 8.0.

If DBG doesnt listen to the public, even people who dont give them money, then they are in for a long hard ride. Companies do not do well when they ignore the public and only do what the "paying customers want". That is infact how you drive people away.
  6. Tarrin Augur

At this point I can only assume the person in question is not serious and is just trolling.

Good day.
    Elricvonclief and Yara_AB like this.
  7. Havenbrook Journeyman

8. Havenbrook Journeyman

There are other things that the company can do to prevent boxing on those server. Such as adding in anti cheat software to those specific servers which does not allow more then one game instance or connection from your MAC address at any given time. But you know, the whole money problem they seem to be having.
  9. Heilena Augur

You use your experience in hosting game servers to equate knowledge of what because you ran a Counter Strike server for friends? I was implying you are clueless and have no idea wtf you are talking about. As you clearly do not understand how an up sale works.
  10. Havenbrook Journeyman

Oh man, the people replying with this type of answer are not getting it.
  11. Tachya Elder

Right, like I said, running all these little game servers from your home doesn't come remotely close to what it takes to host a major MMO.

Sorry dude, but paying customers will always be more important than freeloaders. But keep trying. Good luck.
  12. Heilena Augur

Id say that generation valued a buck. Because unlimited game play on like 6 games for 15$ money well spent.

To bad they have to put up with all the f2p trash players, who care less if they get banned.
    Elricvonclief, Trazzlo and Yara_AB like this.
  13. Numiko Augur

Ever notice how these trolls only show up on weekends when the Mods are all at home with their families?
  14. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

That has everything to with the stupid decision not to launch TLP 3.0 with 2 servers at the same time and nothing to do with your stupid point about people not willing to pay a subscription fee. They launched with 1 server, it was massively oversubscribed, they then added a 2nd server a week later to try to reduce the over crowding. If both servers would have launched at the same time, the population would have been evenly split across the 2 servers.
  15. Trazzlo Elder

My wife and I are disabled, plus not far from retirement age. We learned long ago how to make our limited funds last, and which items are worth their bang for the buck.

We don't spend $15/month on EQ, we spend at least $90/month. We just don't do much else. It's been this way for the entire 13 years of our marriage, and we are by no means alone in our situation.

Your argument assumes old people with a long history of paying large amounts of money will suddenly stop, when we played for years on Vulak, and FV, and now Ragefire/Lockjaw. More than most, we are in this for the long term.

We don't leave for every new shiny thing we see on TV. Like on many servers, we will very likely be the last ones standing.
    Senadin and Yara_AB like this.
  16. Warlorf Augur

Lol man this guy just doesn't quit. Cry moar your tears sustain us.

But honestly free players have no right to complain. I invite you to pay and play with us though!
  17. Senadin Elder

HAHAHA I am so glad you arent playing on this server! But eh, you're probably right and every single poster here is wrong. It HAS to be! What a buffoon you are!

/game admin HAHAHHAHAHAHA
    /popcorn
  18. Havenbrook Journeyman

I wouldnt say "wrong" but I would say, that most of the posters here really dont like F2P players. When they should be thankful that F2P was the only reason EQ was able to stay live. I hope that you can embrace the F2P players when EQ needs them again to keep the game alive. 80% of folks will not pay a monthly sub to play a video game anymore. Which makes is quite hard to keep games like this alive. Look at WoW. Steady down slope. EQ is also on a down slope. F2P players spend money on other things than subs. So calling them "free loaders" simply b/c they dont pay a sub also isnt correct or proper. They should be called "Non-subscribers", technically using "free player" is wrong too, since they have invested money.
  19. Ferry-Tunare Augur

There are progression people playing F2P accounts, they're just not doing it on the progression server.
  20. Archess Elder

Face it, on the regular servers, you pay for all access for the Mercs, unless you 6 box

IF Daybreak made the TLP servers free to play, the server would be jam packed with 6 boxer RMT's with no reason to go All Access because there are no Mercs for ages, no offense meant to 6 Boxers that don't RMT :p

Now daybreak has a full server and then some, and an entire ghostown of empty old servers because now everyone and their grandmother is jumping ship to the new server.

At this point, Daybreak is not getting paid for this and has to activate more people to keep those Servers floating, thats more money going into ongoing costs.

So to cover their costs they would need to sell Big Bags & Horses on TLP servers....witch ticks of the people who play on them to get a somewhat classic but not too classic vibe.

All their other servers would be on life support and noone is paying for All Access because there are no Mercs....

Yeah no thanks, ill just pay my 45$ a month for my 3 accounts and go play some TLP, because to me, it is worth it to relplay the best MMO in that time period.

If you don't pay for first class in an airplane, you don't get to sit in first class....
    Shadva Del`Shai likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.