[TLP] Free-2-Play Customer?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Havenbrook, May 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slasher Augur

did this dude really just say he assumes EQ has 500k players ? lol I would be SHOCKED if they had 500k players in every game they have combined.
  2. Hendar2 Augur

Please for the love of God let this thread die. 2/10 for getting it past 1 page.
  3. Havenbrook Journeyman

I have explained SEVERAL. It is not my fault you are not capable of reading.
  4. Yara_AB Augur

Ok - I am running out of popcorn.
    It really was fun while it lasted but to put it blunt - and that's all you will get from me in this thread in the future:

Nobody wants free to play people on the TLP servers at this time.
    You have plenty of other servers at your disposal so unless you care to become a member - sorry - this is "Members only".

Maybe you have seen such writings on quite a few clubs IRL. This here is just the same. While they may let you into a club in general without an entrance fee - for the nifty special area with live DJs "sorry - members only".

Either pay and play - or don't pay and play, too (just on the regular servers).

Good day to you, Sir.
  5. Ceffener Augur

Cause he paid in the past therefor it should now be free!

I want a free unicorn, screw this server access small stuff.
  6. Havenbrook Journeyman

Ok you tell me how you feel when no one is playing on those servers in 6 months because of people not paying for a sub because the generation playing EQ now is on "fixed income", and have to pay for something else.
  7. Ceffener Augur

The generation playing EQ are the ones who think about $15 is stupid.
    Malambus likes this.
  8. Havenbrook Journeyman

Unless you have something to actually contribute, please leave.
  9. Warlorf Augur

PAY to PLAY or shutup and leave holy crap. This has been going on far too long. Play on test for free and play classic zones. But seriously can we drop this worthless thread? you must pay as in now .. not 10 years ago and call for a raincheck.
  10. Wildwand New Member

Haha I've lost count of how discussions always seem to end up with someone announcing "I am/was a games dev/gm blah blah and it's ever ever so easy to do this and that with the game" my god man/woman/child/thing face facts, your arguments will and have fallen on deaf ears, TLP's will have a cash barrier end of story, continue to berate us all with your facts/figures etc and about your entitlements, however I'm a paying customer and while I'm writing this reply I'm also medding right now on Ragefire.
  11. Ceffener Augur

Why, you have nothing to contribute. You want a free server. You didn't get a free server.
  12. Yara_AB Augur

I didn't want to - but I have to.

You just make assumptions - no more no less - and try to spin them in your favor.
    And - sorry - calling us folks on "fixed income" is rude and inapplicable.
    If you can't afford to play EQ on the TLP - I most certainly feel sorry for you - but please - go find another hobby or do what every person who gets something for free would do: Be grateful you can play on the regular servers for free! You are just appearing greedy and unappreciative.

Time for a mod to lock this thread.

(PS: Can't we just restrict write-access to this part of the forums for folks with a membership? Would most likely make things easier *grin*)
    Wildwand likes this.
  13. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

The TLP servers are special rule set servers. One of those special rules is that you have to have All Access to play on them.

F2P has a special rule set too. No prestige gear, limited AA's, etc. FTP means limited access,

If you want to have access to everything, you have to pay for All Access to get it no matter what server you want to play on.
    Elricvonclief and Wildwand like this.
  14. Havenbrook Journeyman

You act as if you have said nothing rude your self.
  15. vardune Augur

Always paid sud. If they open this up to free to play, I will cancel my sub, free to play wrecked live server, not army hell.
  16. Havenbrook Journeyman

I feel a fair compromise would be, adding one for F2P players also.
  17. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

You seem to be ignorant of the fact that there have been previous TLP's, and that they lasted beyond 6 months. TLP 2.0 was Fippy / Vulak, they both sustained respectable populations beyond 6 months.
  18. Exitx Journeyman

That's not very much money dude..
    Just because a game says free to play does not mean you are entitled to everything the game has to offer for free.
  19. Warlorf Augur

its added to draw paying customers who want to experience old content in a progression style. Asking for another server and saying its only fair for free players to have one too is foolish and make sno sense. That's like giving welfare to people who are able but refuse to work ..oh wait that happens all the time
  20. Mezrah Augur

Why? There is a limited amount of money they can make out of F2P players on a TLP server, the cash shop is very limited until a number of expansions have unlocked. Therefore DBG would make very little money out of the F2P players on a TLP, effectively they would be subsidized by the fee paying members of the community.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.