Night time PST Lockjaw is dead..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fethos, May 30, 2015.

1. Fethos Lorekeeper

Not entirely.. but pretty slow. Doesn't help that theres 5 instances of every zone with 5 people in them..
    Xanadas, Adreus and Fallfyres like this.
  2. Kyrros New Member

I was on Lockjaw from 7pm PST until 4am PST... I saw plenty of people, yet still had plenty of things to kill. If I had I actually gone LFG, I doubt I'd have had any problem finding a group.
    People were civil, helpful, and most did not KS. Still saw boxers at a ratio of about 1 boxer (2-5 extra chars in tow) for every 5 to 6 solo players.

It was definitely quieter, that's for sure, but in a good way. Questions were asked and answered in General, traders spammed what few sellable items exist thus far - I made it a point to stay in the lowest pop instances from lvl 1 to lvl 6, so I'm sure there's even more people out there than I saw.

Edit: Please don't try to convince people that the sky is falling on day 1 of a brand new server - it's simply not the case. You were on the lower population server at the lowest player-load time of the day... of course it's going to be more quiet compared to Ragefire. I wouldn't be suprised if that's exactly why some (though not alll) folks are there in the first place.
    Tamier and Indrigoth like this.
  3. Roadrunner11 Journeyman

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Lockjaw becomes the new Vulak with far lower numbers. People spent time and money on Ragefire, it would be hard for them to give that all up just to start fresh on Lockjaw.
  4. nipper Lorekeeper

They needed to make Lockjaw a different ruleset, faster progression. There is absolutely no reason to move there.
  5. Silv Augur

Didn't it take years for Vulak to become "dead"? And weren't server transfers an option by that point?

LJ probably has a much higher population than several Live servers (speculation but likely). It's going to be fine. :cool:
    Vaclav and Aelfwine like this.
  6. AlmarsGuides Augur

One week ahead now is nothing 3 months later
  7. Tintaglia Elder

Stop being Negative Nancys. Word of mouth, particularly when it is false and there is appearance of an agenda being pushed, can do far more damage than something actually being true. Don't destroy the Lockjaw server just because you can't stand to see someone else enjoying it.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  8. Nolrog Augur

Vulak died somewhere between The Buried Sea and Secrets of Faydwer. EoE was still active during SoF, but I don't think any other guilds were left (my guild broke up around that time and many people went over to EoE and some of us went to Vulak.

Transfers were not available at that point. They were opened up to move off Vulak to Fippy later on (though I don't recall how much later).

The server really needed to be merged with Fippy at that point which would have been the best thing for everyone. But even now, Vulak continues as it's own entity. That's why I'm leery about starting up on LockJaw. That server will die first, and then will it be left out there withering on the vine like Vulak?
  9. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Why are people looking at this as some sort of a life-time commitment? o_O

I played on Combine when it opened, expansions were unlocked at such a fast pace you blinked, and Kunark was open and whatnot (compared to the TLP ruleset now) . I played and loved every minute of it, think for a year or more (I dont know how to recover my old account - So made a new one for TLP, I guess when veteran rewards kick in at some point in time I will feel the loss of not having my 1999 account :p).

If I get a few months or more of fun out of this, I will consider my $15 per month (and time spent) returned multiple times...

If leery about LockJaw (the name itself should tell you to stay away from it :p), just start on RageFire :)
    Indrigoth and Crystilla like this.
  10. Ceffener Augur

We need a new server queue times are too long.
    Slowhand likes this.
  11. Ootax Augur

Vulak started having people complain about population in Velious, it wasn't dead but people where noticing a decline, vulak also had the benefit of opening w/in 24 hours of Fippy launching. With a 6 month classic window, I see LJ dying much faster than vulak. Everything seems fine now but give it a few months and that will change, it's happened before and will happen again.
    Silv likes this.
  12. Gythlen Augur

Can we at least wait a few weeks before the 'sky is falling' threads?
    Indrigoth likes this.
  13. Vaclav Augur

Aristo tweeted that LJ was the #2 most populous server, from counting channels it looked over 2k from a player perspective at 11pm EST.

Knee-jerk reactions are knee-jerk reactions. Anyone with any intuition knew it would feel less congested, since code was added to ease congestion...

Also keep in mind I know of DOZENS on LJ that will be adding an account to the server if transfers open. I completely rerolled, many opted to start a duo partner should they open - I'd expect another couple hundred from that personally, at least.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  14. Fizzle Augur

Logged in to get my char names last night and there were a lot of people, steamfont had 50+, Gfay 90+, BB 80+ it was less than ragefire but thats what i wanted. Honestly with 6 months of classic you could max lvl and gear out on both servers, so take it easy everyone, we will have a couple solid servers for a couple years to come :)
  15. Vaclav Augur

Unless EoE or a close replica appears (assuming no further code changes) and a massive hack occurs, you're comparing apples and oranges. EoE directly lashed out at the community and many people were lost for good with the hack (and some on Vulak used it as an excuse to reroll on Vulak when their friends were slower that them to return posthack).
  16. MaestroM Augur

"night time".

You posted this at almost 6am eastern.
  17. Vaclav Augur

Hah, hilarious - yea I'm a night owl and 4am is my limit.
  18. Ootax Augur

It's not comparing apples to oranges it's the same thing, EOE was not the result of Vulak's population issue. That's just using them as a scapegoat, it's been shown before that the 2nd server TLP will not do as good as the first, yes its the 2nd most populated server right now, but so was vulak, so was the sleeper when they where around. Both these servers are fine now, but give it time and both will end up like vulak and fippy, although i think it will be sooner this time due to the long unlocks.
  19. Nuanil Elder

There's enough people in Neriak - Commons you can't zone in...
  20. Ishbu Augur

People quit being ignorant please.

The OP is 100% correct in his post. I got my own instance of Crushbone last night around 2:30am PST. Yes. There were an instance 2 and 3 with 0 people in them I was able to /pickzone over to.

Gfay had about 5 instances, 4 of them had under 12 people. This is within 24 hours of the server launching on a Friday evening. That is terribly low numbers completely spread out because of excess instancing.

Unless a lot more people fly over to Lockjaw today and Sunday, that server doesnt seem to have the playerbase to last 6 months to Kunark.
    Glistarian and Frenzic like this.