Play Like It's 1999 - Ragefire & Lockjaw Servers Now Available!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 21, 2015.

1. Ceffener Augur

No MMORPG buys server spaced based on what a temporary influx of people looks like. They buy and maintain server space based on how the servers are going to look 2 weeks/months/years after(launch, expansion, hyped new server, etc.). This is why every MMORPG has crap logins/waits/lag at said launch/expansion/etc. This is nothing new, maybe it isn't right. Maybe this shouldn't be what MMORPG players expect, but be honest. Did you really think it wouldn't happen?
  2. Sombix New Member

I have three words to describe this server so far.. Really really sad. No wait that's two words. Really very sad. :(
  3. OldAsYouAre New Member

I will say this, I expect to get what I pay for. Now you answer a couple of questions, since you have opened up your mouth, and made yourself the champion of all game server purchases. Was this in the ad they sent everyone, asking them to come play on the new server? Did it say, "Hey come play like it's 1999, but you won't be able to play for week or so, because the server is going to be full?" No, there is nothing in the ads or any indication that you will be forced to sit and click "Play Everquest" until you give up and do something else. Therefore, the public has been mislead and ARE RIGHTFULLY ANGRY.
    thechacko likes this.
  4. Parawulf New Member

Oh I'll post like it's 1999. What the holy ball sack is this server cap sh*t? I come back to run classic for a few months and can't log on? I'm literally watching my old guildies and friends level while I click on a hopeless Ragefire. GDI man, I bought a subscription to play this. Get your sh*t together. I know the server is capped at 5k. That's >$74K US right there. BUY A GODDAMN BIGGER SERVER.

@SShat
  5. Hobie Lorekeeper

Uhm...I thought 11 minutes ago they took the server down and it would take 30 minutes. Still getting the population cap message. Just sayin...
  6. Pukk New Member

Woot another night of spamming log in for no logging in...I would play on another server but then what's the point if this is the server I want to play on for the obvious reasons...week or month those toons would be just clutter on those servers...
  7. thechacko Elder

K I see its still not working. Forget it. I'm sending my refund request at them now.

Whether they care or not /shrug. I feel ripped off and misled and they're the ones who created their own problems (by promising more than they can deliver). Not a good omen for any future projects they plan on creating.

This company isn't big enough anymore to pull this kind of crap and there are plenty of working alternatives/substitutes.

Shame on you and your marketing team for deceiving me.

Also its funny that only some fan boy gamers are stupid enough to defend a clearly poorly thought out company move (for those of you defending DBG or making appeals to some sort of elementary economics course).

If you aren't going to invest in meeting the rise in demand after a mass marketing campaign - you risk ruining your brand.
  8. Ceffener Augur

Have you actually read the terms of service you agreed to.

I'll do it for you:

AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. DAYBREAK MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE DAYBREAK GAMES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT ACCESS TO ANY OF THEM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, CONTINUOUS, VIRUS-FREE, ERROR FREE, RELIABLE, SECURE AND/OR COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PARTICULAR HARDWARE AND/OR SOFTWARE. DAYBREAK HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OBLIGATIONS TO FURNISH ANY MAINTENANCE AND/OR SUPPORT SERVICES WITH RESPECT TO THE DAYBREAK GAMES.

IN NO EVENT WILL DAYBREAK AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “DAYBREAK ENTITIES”), BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY DAYBREAK GAME(S).

You are NOT paying for guaranteed 365/24hr a day service. You specifically agree when you give them your money that you are not. You also did not buy ragefire, you got all of the acess perks 99% of them which are working.

Name a mmo sever/expanion/launch that doesn't have these problems. Name one. I didn't say it was "right" but that is the way the MMORPG market works. This is nothing new.
  9. thechacko Elder

Dark Age of Camelot had gotten it right at launch. I haven't cared about the genre since then because as you've pointed out, it's run by hucksters.

Lastly, when your defense is to solely rely on your legaleese... yeah you've already lost. I'm only continuing to state these things because I want their marketers to recognize the problem they've created (fat hope right?).

A) I don't have to care about charging back on them because I don't have any invested interests to lose. They had an entirely new opportunity to profit off of someone and they failed. (In other words their threat of a ban is meaningless and empty)

B) They are not the dominant force in gaming and in fact are now a niche market. Making bone headed moves like this is why SOE had to be bought out in the first place (and why you're going to lose investment interest as well!)

C) There is still ample time to come out and recognize you screwed up and do some last minute PR saves by offering to refund people.

I can't imagine that many people are in a position where they actually care that their DBG account might be banned if they can recover these one time expenses.

Also banning an account on a free to play network... come on. Who cares? Just make another account.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I just went to cancel my account and the web browser is freaking out about it being a phishing attempt to access help.soe.com and that they have no valid SSL license.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Totally professional IT you got there Daybreak! I think I'll pull out now and save myself the possibility of having my financial information stolen, thanks.
  10. Ceffener Augur

Blizzard is the dominate force in the market and had wait times and lag issues when the latest expansion launched. They went away in under a week.
  11. thechacko Elder

That's rather the point. Blizzard can afford to be jerks. If you get banned from their game you've taken a rather large loss and have to pay quite a bit of money to get back going.

This... this is hollow :p
  12. thechacko Elder

This is too funny. I can't cancel the account to a game that I had to buy in order to find out I can't play it.

Also back to the lawyer defending them.

Did you ever read an Apple EULA? Lol. If you use an ipod while working in the military you've technically violated it!

There was a time when Google technically owned you for using Chrome too.

Please, please go on about how EULAs are at all representations of anything real and not just areas for lawyers to get paid.

The best EULA in the world will never be able to shield you from customers pointing out that you've lied. But please, please... please keep defending them I'm sure they'll reward you with lollipops and kisses; they might even flag your account to log ahead of the rest of the peons!
  13. Ceffener Augur

Does your all access account not currently provide you to all the other games? Also all of the other features provided in EverQuest.

You view it that you paid $15 for 365/24hr acess to Ragefire because that's what you want to play right now. That is not what you agreed to pay for. Sure you can do a chargeback and maybe your credit company doesn't care.

Server will be fine in a couple days.
  14. thechacko Elder

No, I have no interest in their other garbage. I was sent an advertisement to spend my weekend playing something I thought I might enjoy.

I had the foolish expectation that such a mass marketing tactic after so many years of being in business - they would know what to expect to do when it went out.

It's rather humorous that people are still trying to defend them.

If my pizza stores were to send out a mass marketer to offer a ridiculously good and competitive deal I know up front that this means there will be a temporary rise in demand. So I have my managers order more product and staff higher levels of employees than usual.

If I fail to exceed customer expectations when I get them to bite, then I know I've failed as a business owner and any anger my customers express is perfectly valid.

In this same scenario if I have a competitor in a specific location that offers a good substitute, I realize I have just effectively sent them more customers (possibly for life).

The only difference here is that one service is digital which I guess to you means they don't have to be held to the same standards as other businesses?

...and yes, a credit card company isn't going to fight you on this. Your agreement with the credit card company is that if you make a purchase from someone and they fail to deliver the service... you are within your rights to refuse to pay for it. This, unlike their EULA is endorsed by federal law.

The maximum punishment here is that they could blacklist me from using their services which is fully within their rights to do so and I fully expect them to. But it's not going to change the fact that they are failing to deliver services to customers. If anything it is more or less emphasizing that they have failed.

Furthermore it is becoming more and more emergent that this is a bunch of bumbling idiots trying to manage things as links within their own knowledgebase are referring to domains that have lost their SSL certification (this is why I cannot even cancel my account). Is this something that is now acceptable for a business to do? If so... how can I convince you to invest in my magical unicorn?

It's no wonder American's are letting their ISPs continue to exploit them. I guess they could get away with murder as long as it's in their license!
  15. Oddenpower New Member

wtf i payed to play on the new server but i cant even see it on my server list why is that ?
  16. Tachya Elder

Blizzard had 3 million additional active players crawling out of the woodwork. And the issues didn't just go away, no, Blizzard actively solved the little issue of 3 million extra players.

Blizzard also gave all affected players 5 free days and posted a statement apologizing profusely for the launch issues. I guess we'll see what Daybreak does.
  17. Trobul New Member

Will the Al'Kabor server ever return?
  18. Pukk New Member

omg what just happened I can't believe it ... is it fixed or was this a fluke? Just got in first time I tried...
  19. ShaggNasty New Member

Can anyone confirm this??? I've not purchased yet because of worries about not being able to play..

I was very hardcore EQ1 back in early 2000's until i went to college and would love the nostalgia of coming back with old friends on a new server!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. Nimryl New Member

I specifically purchased a subscription for this... please please open a new server.