Play Like It's 1999 - Ragefire & Lockjaw Servers Now Available!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 21, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

The moment you've been waiting for has arrived. The Ragefire & Lockjaw progression servers are NOW available!

A progression server is a special EverQuest server on which additional expansion content unlocks over time, as players defeat bosses and clear raid encounters. Ragefire and Lockjaw offer players a similar experience to how EverQuest was on March 16, 1999 when it launched!

Access to progression servers is another perk available to our All Access members. Not a member yet? Get information about the benefits you receive for one membership price in EverQuest and other Daybreak games here.

[IMG]

Play During The Launch, Get a Bag!

We’re excited for those who decide to join us on Ragefire and Lockjaw during the launch of these new servers. As a reward for joining us, pick up your very own “Ragefire Founder's Chest” (on either server) in the Marketplace for FREE! This bank bag is LORE and HEIRLOOM, so make sure your character on Ragefire and/or Lockjaw gets their bag while they can! These ONLY available until Wednesday, June 3, 2015.

Tune In To Streams!

We’ll be streaming from the EverQuest Twitch channel as we celebrate the launch of the Ragefire and Lockjaw servers. Join us, chat with our team and other players, and learn more about what a progression server is all about.

Roshen will be streaming with whichever guests he can wrangle up at the following times:

• Tuesday, May 26, 2015 – 11AM PDT
    • Thursday, May 28, 2015 – 2PM PDT
    • Tuesday, June 2, 2015 – 4PM
    Have More Questions?

Ed “Aristo” Hardin has answers to the most frequently asked questions about the progression server here.

We look forward to new adventures with you on the Ragefire and Lockjaw progression servers, and we’ll see you in Norrath!

Edited on May 29th with the launch of Lockjaw.
    Fallfyres, Dandy and Barton like this.
  2. zer0h0ur0 New Member

You need a second server.
    Lierdal and Minrye like this.
  3. Wizard New Member

Anyone else getting "An unkown error occurred while trying to join the server" ?
    Felicite and Minrye like this.
  4. Jadefox Augur

YAY!

-- Happy Jade
  5. DBCooper Elder

I wonder how many people are boxing 2-6+ accounts while thousands of people can't get in, lol.
  6. ceria1986 New Member

finally up and getting error when logging in :(
    Minrye likes this.
  7. Juzzo New Member

Same paid to see a server I cannot join.
    Jizomeo and Minrye like this.
  8. Wizard New Member

i had to spend first 30 minutes of the server being up feeding my baby. now i can't get in... babies are the worst.
    Mayfaire, Kava and Minrye like this.
  9. EQJunkie76 Journeyman

A little difficult to login and play when you have implemented server caps that obviously need to be increased.

It's 2015, not 2000. Increase them.
    Minrye likes this.
  10. Minrye New Member

I'm glad I re-upped my subscription to find that there's a player limit on the server.
    Jizomeo likes this.
  11. Numiko Augur

I'm getting

The world server is currently at maximum capacity and not allowing further logins until the number of players online decreases. please try again later.

*sigh* :(
    Zujilli, Felicite and Minrye like this.
  12. Helium New Member

maximum people allowed on server? hmmmm never seen that error before, whats the deal?
  13. EQJunkie76 Journeyman

Someone mentioned something about the cap being at 4000 - Why not bump it to 4500 or 5000? Can a Dev explain please?
    Zujilli likes this.
  14. Wizard New Member

I'm getting that as well.
  15. Glace Journeyman

It is just like the 90's!
    This takes me back to trying to log into my favorite MUD only to discover it is full and I must wait for someone to log off (or go LD, muahaha) to get a chance to take their spot. Of course it was full at 100 players. I can't imagine how many it takes to be full in an EQ server...

Good Times!
  16. EQJunkie76 Journeyman

I mean after all, 4000 confirmed, times $15 sub, that's $60000 right there - I'm pretty sure you can afford to upgrade server capacity.
  17. Pukk New Member

yay its up bad you can't play because of poor planning, either up the damn limit or start a second server tonight....I know that's not possible, just wishful thinking. But I finally get excited about this game again and because of numskulls poor planning people can't log in and play the game they are paying for, especially starting an extended weekend. I was actually looking forward to playing this weekend on this server however due to the player restrictions looks like that is going to be an uphill battle this entire weekend just to log in.
    Nightmares likes this.
  18. Trow Journeyman

Calm down. It will get fixed. The initial rush is always like this and in a couple days everyone is having fun without login issues.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  19. Barton The Mischievous

I only logged in my main, waiting to log in boxes till it calms down
  20. Pukk New Member

Maybe they should just give everyone a full set of 8 slot bags for the problems thats been going on from the start....