Dev: Camp Rules on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by druidporta123, May 10, 2015.

1. Progress Augur

What's also going to suck about FFA are the bosses that spawn other bosses like AoW script and Ssra scripts. Before it was an agreement that if you started the script you got to kill the bosses unless you wiped and then another guild would take over. Now with FFA you will just wait for someone to start it and then pick up the boss you want when the first guild is low on mana, deaths, etc.
  2. Vaclav Augur

Unless they stick to areas where skeletons normally stand around... and there's no need to have warping - DL is a bindable zone for casters, and pets travel with you on a gate. Also Summon Companion is a thing if they're leaving it guarded.

Plus I believe you can change the name with some petamorphs as well (although I might be confusing it with another option - I know you CAN rename pets on Live with something).
  3. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Anyone absolutely serious about blocking VP will have an extensive army of shadow knights (30 or more) automatically detecting Trakanon spawns and blowing it out of the water with harm touch. The original strategy with more shadow knights. If they can kill it quickly enough before Trakenon renders, they can block access to VP for a very long time.
  4. Vaclav Augur

Won't suck for those waiting in the wings for a freebie.

Best will be Coirnav and Rathe Council IMO though.
  5. SnapVine Augur

all correct, except the bans weren't happening in early Kunark last time, i don't think.
  6. Aneuren Tempered Steel

It is more simple than this. You find the enchanter, tab through all of the targets nearby, and find the one with the charm debuff on it. The enchanter needs to stay close to that one skeleton if it's using a script. That's the one you dispell and kill.
  7. Hateseeker Augur

I would think that refusing to share your camp is the actual antisocial behaviour? To be fair, you never actually said that, as we didn't go into that much detail, but you did imply that the other players should simply wait, however long it takes. But, if you agree to group up and /ran 100 for the loot, great, if not isn't that actually the antisocial behaviour?

Now, I'm not saying you should have to voluntarily share your camp, though, but if you won't, then you need to defend it.

The analogy you made is too complicated and doesn't directly apply to this situation anyway, but is almost certainly vengeance oriented. Training someone over DPS racing compares more to this:

I steal* a cheeseburger off your plate when you aren't looking,so in response, you unplug my freezer, ruining all my food.

*I use "steal" because in real life it is stealing, but in game it is considered contested content.
  8. Vaclav Augur

SKs would be worthless for Trak - HT only does 1k at L50 (not sure the scaling to L60 now) and the next HT is blocked for 40 seconds - and Trak regens relatively quick, probably at least 500 HP between HTs possibly much more.
  9. Vaclav Augur

Unless you've got a really big group rotting has around 12k HP from my memory - and charm casts in around 6 sec (faster with a focus) - that's alot of damage to do in a very short time.
  10. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I thought they took the recast out again? I mean this is going to be how Trakenon dies anyway in all likelihood, good on DBG if they're preventing the Harm Touching though, it'll just be other forms of automation.
  11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Just keep dispelling it. It won't regen if you don't give it a server tick.
  12. Vaclav Augur

I've not been messing with SKs on Beta at all, but I was told its still got Manaburn coding.
  13. Aneuren Tempered Steel

It depends. I agree that refusing to share your camp ad infinitum is also antisocial behavior. But let's pretend we are in a group of six real players. They are being social to themselves. The example calls for an interaction of different social behaviors. But yes, the other players that arrive late to the content should have to wait. Sometimes the group that's there might set up an agreement with them and sometimes not. But Everquest group content has never been about needing to defend your camp from other players in the way you're describing. It's supposed to be a PVE game remember and this isn't a PVP server.

If the group wipes, cannot control the camp, that's a different story.

And the situation of stealing another person's camp is vengeance oriented also. They're taking their revenge over having been excluded from the camp. The problem is that it's their fault they were excluded. They could have been there first. They weren't. Other people were there first. They did the work. They deserve the fruits.
  14. Aneuren Tempered Steel

It's good for the server if Manaburn coding is still in, so I'm hoping it is. I mean realistically though the choke point is going to be Trakanon. The skeleton charming will only work for so long. And yes, a guild with over 100 members is absolutely going to have a force there to contest the dragon, even if they don't need a single thing from it.
  15. Genoreaper Journeyman

As a former Vulak player that was in LoGA, from day one through GoD and had to deal with the EoE blocking all progression for any player not in their guild. I predict that on this 3.0 TLP there will be a clear TOP guild that will hold and retain the bulk of the top end server population and will try with all their might to prevent anyone else from getting close to them. Once this guild is the clear top guild, its going to be hard for the other progression guilds to retain players, hedge hunting will happen by the top guild, they will get spy accounts into all the other guilds so they can know exactly when and where their raid force plans to be. There wont be competition, its gonna be 1 guild controlling the server and a bunch of tryhards trying to form alliances with the other guilds to get raid content, which will never work.
    The Badger Lord likes this.
  16. Mezrah Augur

It has, it applies the effect on the target for 30 seconds.
  17. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Ok great. Thanks for the confirmation. This will have a good impact on group play too, which is where I feel this rule shift really has the most damning impact.
  18. Mezrah Augur

Just tested this with 2 SK's, the 2nd sk was still able to land the HT despite the effect being on the target.
  19. Xenyn Lorekeeper

that is bad news. And I think we really need a answer about mobs such as the AOW spawn chain in luclin. There can be no way that they would allow some random guild to just wait for guild a to start the chain and then gank the AOW at the end. Then top guilds would just be sitting there staring at each other waiting.

Or in reality battling over training the other guilds raid party, which then would degenerate into both raid parties sitting ontop of each other so if 1 train is successfull both guilds die.
  20. Jezzie Augur

It's disheartening to say the least that the EULA has been changed so that the official standpoint is KS'ing is now a thing of the past, it no longer exists and has been replaced by the more fun "dps race" for all mobs.
    Lets be honest though, not much was done about KS'ing on 2.0 but at least it was nice that the official standpoint was if you griefed there was a small chance you may face some sort of punishment for such actions.
    If you see a druid/necro kiting mobs and you decide to engage his/her kite that's still a messed up move in my book. The reason it's messed up is because some classes can't compete on a dps race. I don't think rangers are that hot in classic, not sure on wizard but I know they own in later expansions.
    I'm guessing the best classes are going to be mage and monk for dps racing.
    If you decide to go on a dps racing spree then you obviously don't care about a healthy population, you have no use for a community because this format is just going to run people off the server and back to live/other games. If you play in a manner that is detrimental to the server population then you obviously could care less about Daybreak too. After all, they are the ones that are going to look bad if everbody's unhappy and hopping off the server.

Player tolerance will probably be less this time around when it comes to bad behavior, people will get frustrated and move away faster. Lots of posts whining about this new server and more posts saying they need to shut up or go elsewhere.
    These whiny posts are (for the most part) from players who were on 2.0 and know how bad it was and why those servers are dead. I don't consider it whining when somebody with experience and knowledge is begging for a few improvements to at least give this server a chance.

People are coming to Ragefire for a fresh start, a new home. Lets not crush the population this time around!
    Indrigoth and Maxium Dualblade like this.