Dev: Camp Rules on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by druidporta123, May 10, 2015.

1. Numiko Augur

that may be true but it was never "official company policy" back then.
  2. Religious Elder

I'm more excited for Ragefire than I've been, and that's saying a lot. Exp just got so much easier.
  3. taliefer Augur

enchanters and wizards just got alot more popular. blur timed with a nuke. cant wait to duo raid mobs and win the "race"!
  4. Greymere Augur

Between Charm and Blur and being able to move around undetected in many camps yeah, though doing those things to anyone who is legitimately playing nice among others wouldn't be something that would be worth a bad reputation, especially if your playing for the social interaction and not your epeen.

No different really than any FD class running trains to a group camping a spot in terms of harassment though.
  5. Hateseeker Augur

Except taking a mob away through DPS or mem blur doesn't cause exp loss...
  6. taliefer Augur

there is not legitimately playing nice anymore if they are saying the solution to any dispute is "DPS Race"
  7. Greymere Augur

technically DPS race is progression, since DPS race was what original EQ launched with till the environment got so toxic they used the Hans Gruber example to put in a play nice or else policy :)
  8. oleris Elder

Yeah... looks like they gave the ok on making it so you can't camp a mob or a "camp". I disagree with this mentality entirely. I hope people show respect instead of using other tactics to jump ahead.
    Examples where I would be pissed off:

1) someone is new to the server and has been camping a mob for an item for several hours. A level 50 or 60 comes to their camp and steals the mob after the other individual has been camping it for hours.

2) a low level grp has been Xping at the same spot for several hours and a max level character decides he wants the XP turn in drops and decides to take all the mobs.

3) A guild has engaged a raid mob and another guild decides to blow all their HT's and wizard nukes instead of waiting their turn

I just hope that you can't pay for a name change since I plan, and hope others do, start telling reddit or the forums of individuals that show bad behavior to get them blacklisted from guilds and groups.
  9. Darth Augur

Poop socking it is then, and hope your group has the most automated mages when it spawns.
    Barton likes this.
  10. taliefer Augur

option 3 is exactly what a dps race is, and that is exactly what happened on fippy as it was. the gms were just not consistent in settling disputes.
  11. Religious Elder

Guilds will DPS Race. If that offends, I highly advise you stay away from the raid game. As for blacklisting players, the guilds these individuals will likely be applying to don't really care about an individuals social reputation. We're more interested in skill level, hours available, and whether you're prone to selling off your characters via player auctions or other third party sites.
  12. Hateseeker Augur

It doesn't seem likely though that a guild thinks they are free and clear and then BOOM what's going on!?, some other guild is there DPSing. More likely both guilds were socking, or they both raced to the target.

If both were socking, they might as well resolve it through DPS, otherwise, if the guild who got there first expects the other to leave, they'll just sit there 24/7 and always be able to make the claim of getting there first. As far as races go, now, getting to the mob is only the first leg of the race. If you get there 2 minutes faster than the other guild, that's not victory, that's a 2 minute headstart - buff fast, engage fast, as the race won't be over until until the mob is down.
  13. oleris Elder

I can see how my option 3 will work, but I just wish they would do something to prevent 500 people poop socking on a mobs spawn point. I always preferred a race system, what p1999 does, so that the guild that has the most skill gets the loot, not the one with the largest numbers.
  14. Iila Augur

Hail Satan Innoruuk!
  15. Jadefox Augur

"Quantity has a quality all its own."

--Jade
  16. oleris Elder

so.... is training an entire zone and dropping them with FD on a raid camp ok?
  17. taliefer Augur

i love how racing somehow got equated to "skill"

he who zones fastest wins the loot.
  18. Jyve Augur

Well, this new server just got a new nickname, the Ragequit server.
    Hopefully someone more senior can A) clarify this B) give the CS people some education. or C) remind them to post from this sort of thing from a troll accounts, not their CS accounts!
  19. Behee Augur

Sure, you just volunteered to drop out of the DPS race :p

Seriously, this is irritating since now a mostly mage group is the only viable setup on a crowded server. Necros are DoT heavy for damage, which opens them up for memblur with nuke attacks.

It also pretty much means it is a take all mobs as fast as you can mentality. For raiding, that is a lot like it used to be anyway. But for all kills? Ouch.
  20. daffie999 Augur

Can you please provide an explanation behind this?

Not enough staff? Don't care? Truly feel it is best? Is griefing allowed?

Is there no stance on "playing nice"? Respecting other players? If so, it would make sense to post that here.

As it stands I wouldn't subscribe to this, you can already see the sharks circling.

P.S. Prexus server 1999 GMs consistently enforced the PnP by settling disputes with camp rotations (a line).
    Indrigoth likes this.