Progression Server Poll Results: What's Next?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony New Member

Why don't they just launch one of each? That will let everyone play what they want? Or maybe just 2 different ones? Maybe take the first and 2nd most voted ones and open one of each. That would also cut down on the overcrowded noob zones.
    Cloudous and Zoggzog like this.
  2. Haless New Member

because they cost money to maintain?
    And most people will want to play for free.
  3. Weverley Augur

If you look at aristo post at the beginning of this thread you would see that the other 3 options are tied so instead of 2 they would have to make 4.Somehow i don't see that happen.They gonna have maybe enough to police 1 or 2 and make sure exploiters don't destroy the server already.
  4. Lisandra Augur

With the huge cuts in CS every server including all those already in existence is going to be more like the wild west. Any new server with no established guilds to at least keep some of the shenanigans in check is going to be a very chaotic at least at times when the griefers, hackers and exploiters are doing their thing.
  5. Danaith New Member

now that a decision has been made how long does it normally take to launch it?
  6. Vaclav Augur

Summer, preferably "early summer" was the target date Holly mentioned. (Summer assuming she's using the solstice as a guide like many women starts June 22nd)
  7. Tonden New Member

Slow........Slower............Slowest

I am all for the Slowest progression as possible. I would for it to take the full 16 years vs 8.
    Zoggzog and Noblesquire like this.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Problem with that is assuming the primary game never stagnates, it will literally never catch up - which seems to be something they don't want to do, since locked lost. (Which would emulate that regardless)
  9. Danaith New Member

oh wow so awhile. was wondering if it was worth playing now or not if a newer server was coming out. returning back to even a level 75 character after all this time is just a bunch of ???? when i look around im in total "wtf do i now a days???"
    Zoggzog likes this.
  10. futonn New Member

My vote on the expansion unlock time is totally reliant on whether out of era content is going to be available or if marketplace items will be allowed. If there is going to be tutorial or newbie armor quests etc, I vote for add 50% or shortest time as the content and rewards will be trivial and boring. If OOE content is not available Im torn between half speed and maximum nostalgia. Either of those Im fine with. If you are allowing marketplace items I think you are missing the boat and the server will be doomed at launch. I still think Kunark should come out quickly, 3-5 months after launch so everyone can breathe.

My vote on voting to unlock is also reliant on other factors. If there is going to be the extreme griefing that was prevalent on Fippy, then I guess I am for voting. It's my only recourse for doling out punishment for that type of behavior. If there was going to be GM policing Norrath, I would be ok with timed unlocks. Fippy in its current state is just a handful of moloers and boxers. The rest are pretty much the griefers/speed raiders who made the rest of us quit and go F2P. My hope is the new server polices itself as I've heard there is going to be no GMing. Hard enough to get 30-40 people together at one time to do a raid, especially when it ends in some guild's bard/monk training and wiping you intentionally to hinder progress or give them time to mobilize. Banning a dozen or so accounts for poor behavior will go a long way in retaining hundreds more exponentially; as that is what truly caused population decline and a loss of $$'s on subs. Might be a wise expenditure to have a nice GM population in my humble businessman's opinion.

What's in a name...I too like Quarm or Yelinak
  11. Tonden New Member

I have been thinking of paying to play on this server but if its not going to be 99% classic, kunark, velious and so on then I will not be paying to play it.

I don't want any none era items or newbie armor at all. They can come out once the server reaches the expansion those items came out with.

Well if they want my money that is the only way they will get it.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  12. Zamazx New Member

Slowest would get my vote, and for a name what about Nillipuss server, does not get more classic than that lol
  13. Fendy Augur

Many parents consider the end of the school year as the beginning of summer.
  14. Tossica New Member

I was REALLY hoping for another option. Release Original, Kunark and Velious simultaneously but keep the level cap at 50 for a prolonged period of time. Slowly raise the level cap over time but do not add any new content at all or if you do, don't add it until the level cap has reached 60 and some goals have been obtained. It would eliminate the gridlock at upper levels and give the power gamers something to do. Try to take down Velious raid encounters with an army of lvl 50 toons. haha
    Friday likes this.
  15. Healiez Augur

This would actually be doable with the exception of maybe a few encounters like vyemm, AoW... (even these might be accomplished). It would just take more people to do it.
  16. Healiez Augur

6 months in classic is just... i have a feeling it will not be nearly as enjoyable as everyone thinks it will be....

Also remember that level 70 stretched over iirc 4-5 expansions, that would be 2+years at level 70... That is a very very long time. Especially since most people will be AA capped for each of the expansions and within a week or 2 AA capped again.

4 months is also a very long time, but not nearly as horrendous sounding as 6 months.

I think people forget just how small classic, level 50 capped EQ really is.

This isnt 1999, we have the internet, knowledge, and information that we could only dream about having back then. It makes the world a lot smaller and less formidable.
    Cloudous and Crayon123 like this.
  17. Vaclav Augur

That's about the only exception I know of - but not seen Holly ever mentioning having kids though... (both here and EQ2 where she was lead for a while)
  18. Weverley Augur

idk about where u live but here elementary and high school finish on 3rd week of june so comes down to samething(june 21st)
  19. Weverley Augur

And samething for me if i see any xp pots, any raf allowed, any op gear i'm out. I'm all for policing that server too.And daybreak nobody with army of bots i would be available to send report so those get banned real fast.
  20. Dandy Augur

They had 10% exp pots on the last set of TLP's. It's easy money that the company needs. Doubt they'll get rid of it.
    jagarr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.