Progression Server Poll Results: What's Next?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fendy Augur

This year it's June 4th in San Antonio. In previous years it has been the last week in May.
  2. Healiez Augur

First box teams are perfectly legal.

Second, guess we wont be seeing you on the server, since at least on if not all of those things will make it in.
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. Weverley Augur

If u don't mind i'm gonna wait for a daybreak devs word about those things instead of taking your word on it.As i recall ROI never needed an army of bots to beat content and i knew many of their top raiders.
  4. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

The post did state "army of bots", not army of boxes, the latter may be fine, the former certainly is not.
    Nolrog likes this.
  5. The Badger Lord Augur

Come on guys, don't argue about silly things, and quote single sentences that rubbed you the wrong way. This goes on way too often on forums, people get caught up on one small silly argument while missing the larger point. Devs going through these pages are less likely to return or consider the advice if these squabbles constantly break out. Meaningful and directly relevant posts should be the only writing here!

It's all about "Kunark Fast Track" and tweaking class balance man! Scroll back to my prior posts in here, read my article on why!
  6. Zoggzog Elder

First, Easter bunnies should be pink, NOT polka-dotted!! Second, that sentence rubbed me from right-to-left instead of left-to-right!
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. jordune Augur

1) i would like to see more of a rule set we had on the combine.
    2) i would like to see instanced raid content ( what happened on fippy shows this to be a good option)
    3) 2% xp cap is crap. normal xp rules is prefered.
    4) kunark open on day one then slow way down. like.. 6 months to velious then 6 months to luclen, etc
    5) one server announcement when a raid beats content. seeing constant announcement spam gets old. once a guild kills naggy and its announced, it does not mater past that
    6) Police the hackers, get rid of . it destroys the game of the rest us. no way a player or guild can compete with players / guilds using hacks.
    7) kinda like.. ragefire but i really like to see a kool name like Nightfall or somehting along those lines. name dosent have to be a dragon name. just something with a ring.
    Cloudous likes this.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Mryolokar's Server of Vengeance
  9. Friday Augur

Re installing as I write this! I've spent years trying to fill the hole left from quitting EQ: nothing compares.

I am for slowest, and couldn't care less if the server NEVER reaches where the game is now. I like the idea some folks are floating to start with Kunark open, as it will thin out the chaos that is sure to ensue at the start. I also like nerfing xp idea because I so much enjoy the lower levels. Dont care about the name. I vote against any voting to unlock mechanic: set time frame is fine.

I would like to make an additional suggestion: lock out the free players. The thing I am looking forward to most on a return is the fact that this game, after so many years, consists of serious players with a genuine love of the game. No wow heads afflicting us with obscenities and absurdities shouted in the general chat, please. Financially, this server looks to be a win for you guys. Do your homework and collect your dues: you will have earned it!
  10. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Obviously you did not play on the last set of TLP servers...
    Nolrog and Soltara like this.
  11. Fiido Missalot New Member

Open with Kunark and Multiple Instances of all zones would also be nice.

My preference is:
    * Open with Kunark w/ +50%
    * No Vote
    * Does not matter what name it has.
  12. Apollo1 New Member

I really dont understand why people would want to sit around with nothing to do in classic/kunark for 6 months. Many people will have all the gear/AA they want in a fraction of that time. What do you do when you have the gear/AA/quests you need/want? Few people put in 2-3 hrs a day playing this game, 6 months would be catered to those individuals.

4 month timers on expansion should be max for all but a couple expansions. Otherwise you're going to see many people log on for a couple months at the beginning of each expansion and leave again.

Make a locked PoP server for the people who just like to run around in the world and not do much/enjoy the world and another server thats on a reasonable unlock time for people who like to progress through their favorite expansions.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  13. jordune Augur

a TLP server is not a foot race to the end. its about enjoyment.
    i could reply to you and say * i dont know why people wanna unlock everything as fast as they can, i mean, why not just play on a normal server thats unlocked"
    ive played on every tlp server so far. had a blast, made new friends, etc.
    a nice time lock would let Other guilds Other than you who have the time to play for hours to race, defeat content and farm it for there guilds gear before new content opens.
    with instanced raiding enabled, we could have 9 or 10 top guilds, not one or 2 who sit on it not allowing others a chance to attempt it, and just like on fippy, the top 2 with there hacks and army of SKs using to out dps each other on the spawn.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  14. Bandok Augur

Should just name the server with a combination of (1) what the atmosphere is going to be like and (2) something EQ related:

Wild Wild West Karana
    Zoggzog likes this.
  15. Rhoulicas Augur

Since we've been denied what some of us really want for this server's roll about, here's what I want out of this summer's progression server.
    1. Maximum Nostalgia
    2. Quarm (name)
    3. No voting
    Noblesquire likes this.
  16. Thorn01 Journeyman

Who said anything about "as fast as you can"? It has nothing to do with that. The bottom line is there is not enough content to warrant a 6 month wait for every expansion, which was the point of his original post. A person who is labeled very casual can experience all relevant content in less than 6 months of classic/kunark. Just like most other expansions.

I really think it comes down to : Are there going to be more players that get through the expansion with nothing to do in 3-4 months time, or more that take the full 6 months.

Moving on after 3-4 allows players who have accomplished everything something new to do, and does not hamper anyone else who is still going through that expansion the experience. The reverse cannot be said for holding up everyone whos rdy to move on.
  17. Phillip New Member

I've been reading through, and I very much like the idea of instanced raid boss options. There are too few open world bosses for the number of raid guilds that will form. We saw this on VA and Fippy, and we see it on P99's servers currently. Instanced with a lockout would give a weekly goal which would be nice.

I am concerned with 6 months of classic before kunark. I expect a couple thousand people will join the server and race to 50 (classic) and by the end of the first month there will be many lvl 45+ players swarming over the 4-5 end game zones. 1-3 level 50s can hold most of the end game spawns. This is going to end up with a lot of squabbling over camps. Instances may help with this, but it also feels like we are recreating original WoW this way. That is one of the things blizzard did when developing WoW, was to ask existing EQ guilds for input. I imagine camp disputes is a large part of why WoW had instances when it launched. The alternative EQ way would be to make the game ridiculously hard to level in and limit end game population by barrier to entry. Im just thinking off the top of my head. But rather than a race to 50, minimal exp for kills, and taking forever to level with giant death penalties would be another way to reduce competition at end levels (by having less people able to reach them). Probably will agitate/drive away most of the casuals though. Maybe an idea for another server later on.
  18. Phillip New Member

Do we have any thoughts on allowing certain classes/races to exist at launch before the server reaches the correct expansion? Examples being Beastlords before Luclin or Iksars before Kunark. I imagine starting cities would complicate this, but a thought.
  19. Bandok Augur

20. The Badger Lord Augur

As some others have noticed, Roshen laid to rest the instancing debate.

"Creating and scripting lockouts isn't easy, and it's one part of why instancing couldn't happen by this summer for a new progression server. Not only is this is hard, it's easy for dev to get this wrong, and if we did want to do this it would become the most time consuming aspect of building this (or a future) server."

I argued that with a slower progression, Kunark Fast-Track is more important than ever. Classic content for 4-6+ months creates enormous problems, and could even be a server killer (please read this entire thread if you didn't catch why).

Some people made a decent counter point that instancing might alleviate some of these problems. I wasn't on board with all of it, but some of them made sense. I still don't think instancing would have alleviated the small amount of high level content in classic from boredom after 6 months.

Now that instancing is out, its even more important to get behind the Kunark-Fast Track guys. This is a viable option for the developers and alleviates major problems with the start of progression.
    Cloudous likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.