Frenzic's Rule Set Proposal

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Mar 3, 2015.

1. jagarr Augur

if you're a social player, you can get very far without having to deal with all the uber guild politics. i always did! i tried to remain relatively neutral, avoid petty drama and be friendly with everyone i met.

but you can only take your boxes and your RL friends so far before you run into having to make 'the choice' to raid with a better force and start working towards top level gear and progression, or stay with your F+F guild and not see a lot of the end game that was locked down while it is relevant.

i always used plat and trading to get a lot further that i ought to as a fairly casual player. with a good reputation you can buy your way into a lot of farm content if you really want to. most people don't like sitting in EC all weekend flipping items and tradeskilling though.

classic-era raiding is all about your guild. all we're trying to do here is address some glaring problems that we know will be coming around again soon, keeping in mind that it will be extremely difficult to settle disputes with zero CSR around.

this is why instanced bosses with lockouts together with non-instanced contested classic spawns on long timers is a good compromise. the hardcore guys can still poopsock and hurl insults at each other in OOC. casual guilds can queue up once every one or two weeks for a naggy and get themselves a cof and some big bags without all the grief. everybody wins!
    Hendar2 likes this.
  2. Hotshot Journeyman

Sure have. Its called respect. If you respect me, I respect you, also will do whatever I can to help people. If someone was to train or try any funny business that's a mistake. I have a group of boxes and friends that will follow them like a shadow until they realize their mistake.
  3. anathema Augur

The problem with 'an eye for an eye' morality is that once it gets started it never ends. All you are left with is constant strife. That is why having some system of third party enforcement is so important.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  4. Vaclav Augur

I can tell you from experience that doesn't work at the high end - I did exactly that - I had a great reputation overall as a result, but even with only one aberrant guild being disrespectful it still turned dark easily.

EQ's mechanics are too easy for one group to cast poor light on.
  5. jagarr Augur

in a perfect world, this would be fine. in 1999 on our ancient pcs and horrendous internet connections with very few resources and insights into how all of this worked, mutual respect functioned ok most of the time. now though... not so much.
  6. Fizzle Augur

Some people just like ruining others days but were not all bad apples
  7. Vaclav Augur

There's absolutely more good than bad people - but when the mechanics of the game make it easy for bad apples when there's no punishment, and punishment will clearly be sparse you can't just let the inmates run the asylum.
    Zoggzog, Aenoan and Irbax_Smoo like this.
  8. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I do agree with your points but...

On Fippy, Lone, when he was GL of Armageddon, petitioned to get GuildWar activated against Citizen, if memory servers me correctly, this was after the nonsense of a GM making both guilds roll to decide who got CT.
  9. Irbax_Smoo Augur

Reminds me of a time, not on a TLP and I can't remember which server, when "In Virtue" did a /guildwar with a guild called "War Without End". The guild accepted and I think they wanted to concede after 2-3 days. The problem was, the /guildwar was bugged and it couldn't be ended, even by a GM and we all had to just wait till the timer ended it. That problem may be why /guildwar doesn't work anymore.

Kind of ironic that their name was "War Without End".
  10. Frenzic Augur

While I do enjoy reading the exciting banter, can we keep this thread for well thought out ideas on the servers? I'd like to give the devs an area to concentrate on good ideas.

<3 you all
    jagarr likes this.
  11. Stehlik Augur

Are you the same guy that posted this?

:p
  12. jagarr Augur

This happened on Vulak also. No PvP requests but the GMs making half- attempts at solving issues, getting trolled really hard in OOC and replying in kind, and then throwing their hands up and just leaving. They'd just disappear! Why even show up in the first place?!
  13. Frenzic Augur

Yes? Lol?
  14. Vaclav Augur

Stehlik: Frenzic hasn't at any point claimed to not be somewhat bipolar. Hah.

But seriously though, some pessimism creeps into all of us sometimes.
  15. jagarr Augur

i started out in these threads completely opposed to instancing and dead set on seeing more than one server at launch. i've since formed new opinions. not that strange!
    Hendar2, Trosh and Irbax_Smoo like this.
  16. Frenzic Augur

I feel like we should put out the best ideas for our ideal server. I don't think they are going to actually make our ideal server though. I guess my goal is to put the most important ideas in clear sight in hopes they pick them. What I think is actually going to happen is that they will skim through and pick ideas that are easy to implement and that they like.

I've said before if we don't at least put out the ideas we want, we can't even hope to get them.

I don't see it as bipolar lol. Just being optimistic and realistic! :)
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  17. Irbax_Smoo Augur

Yup, you can't hit a home run if you never step up to the plate.
    Frenzic likes this.
  18. Vaclav Augur

Making me feel old with a Casey Jones reference... not sure if that was the intent to reference him though, or just the modern version that exists after him though.
  19. Frenzic Augur

Nope you're old :)
  20. anathema Augur

There is something to be said for picking one's battles too though. I think there's value in focusing on the things that would have the largest influence. Some of the flaws from the last round are obvious. Finding a way of fixing the things that had the most negative impact on the most people should be the clear priority. Refinements or ideas for streamlining things are great too as long as they don't drown out those things that are most important. That's just my opinion though.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.