Twitch Stream: Weds, Feb 18 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leaola Journeyman

bugs we need a better system! I sooo agree. as a druid who loves pets a was annoyed when my aa bear lost the ability to bash, I was very annoyed when my carved whistle was never able to be used on higher lvl mobs to give me a speed bump, and over a year ago when I reported a bug that our reptile husk line hurt our mercs instead of helping and NEVER heard back I was angry. if u type /bug id like a real person at some point to email you back (even just in game mail) so u know someone got the report and if/ when it might get fixed.
    Uxtalzon, Cazmac and DebonAir like this.
  2. bazinga Elder

I only have one question at this time and since I will be working like most people on a Wednesday at that time i will ask it here...WHY would you have a stream in the middle of the afternoon on a Wednesday when most of the audience is at work at that time?
  3. Pwnography Augur

1) With new management over EverQuest, is there a new vision for the future of Everquest and if so, what does it look like? How does it differ from the creative vision that SoE held?

2) Does DayBreak plan to have more interaction between the development staff and the EQ community on important topics to the players?

3) Will more assets and/or developers be devoted to Everquest with DayBreak for the next expansion? We've all been horribly underwhelmed with the last two expansions - will the next take our feedback into consideration and be worthwhile under Daybreak?

I'm cautiously optimistic that we might just get a better result under DayBreak and the assets they control. Really, what questions they choose tomorrow and how they are answered will give me a feeling one way or another. /crosses fingers
  4. Fendy Augur

5. MeloxXx Journeyman

1) Given that Daybreak's first actions have been to gut the development team, and cancel Fanfare, why should we have any confidence in their commitment to Everquest?

2) Given that all these things were decided in secret and came as a shock to all, why should we have any faith in the openness of Daybreak management. (why am i even asking these questions!)

3) The last expansion was probably the smallest since... er... ok, the smallest ever, was this because SOE knew they were selling and didn't wish to spend money that Daybreak would benefit from? What are their plans for expansions, yearly, bi-annual, never?

4) Can we expect more microtransactions, will the Marketplace be pushed as the main revenue stream rather than making rewards obtainable by playing 'the game'

5) What are Daybreak's plans for investment in the future of the game, will they countenance any serious development like upgraded graphics engines, character designs, ui updates.
    Tobin likes this.
  6. Iila Augur

Sorry, the vision as a phoenix can't be bought in the unity store, so it won't be visible in "game".
  7. Ancient New Member

With people for higher end guilds saying that eq is coming to an end can you dispute this. I know of 2 such guilds that had dev's in them.

Can you implement player made dungeons like eq2? Make the exp/loot on the lower end of spectrum if need be.

The expansions are nice and some are fun, but what if you are not able to raid top end any more? Will there be anything for the casual gamer other than log on and stay lfg for hours on end?

Can you give a HUGE exp bonus for teaming with nonmercs? If you can get same exp with merc than with a person, most people will molo or box all day with no human contact. That is not bad, but its hard for the casuals to find a group.

Can you implement easier ways to get to a spot if you find a group, everquest is vast. It can take you 5-20 min to get to a group if you finally find a group. Some groups will not last longer than 1-3 instances. If you join half way thru, you basically wasted your time.

Release maps to the game. Why should we need to download maps from another site?

There are rumors going around that 75% of the eq staff was let go from the time daybreak took over, is this true?

Can you implement raids like GGG that the loot gets better as you progress in the raid?

Can you make current raids drop more gear per mob? If in the pop days you could kill 8+ named in 4 hours with 3+ drops each, why can you not match that drop rate? You now have to make raiding a second job if you wish to see loot. I have been in top 10 server wide guilds and one of top 10 server wide classes in raiding and I have noticed a huge change.

Can you implement guild type events.. Ie.. Guild xyz takes on the challenge of buffing lowbies for 2 hours for x free time to play. You can implement a reward that is good for helping. It would bring a lot more noobs back to the game. I'm not looking for an end to eq, I am looking for ways to draw more people in.

Implement a PvP zone or instance area. This can be for guild v guild or FFA. Implement loot based upon rewards. Also give people that try a smaller reward so that they are not upset that only the rubber characters always win. Can make it level based or even gear based.

Are you going to pick up on phone calls or even petitions any more?

Where do you see eq / eq2 in 5 years?
  8. Nolrog Augur

That's a really good question. Would give some insight into what Holly is thinking.
    Xanadas and Yinla like this.
  9. Xanathol Augur

People care most about their characters so can we finally get some class issues resolved? After 16 years, you'd think SKs would stop getting the short end of the stick. I'll send you the changes needed - just put them in already!
    Dyna likes this.
  10. Cacafuego Journeyman

Will you:

!. Reverse the ROF L 101+ XP nerf?

2. Will you return Heroic Adventures to their old state: to wit:
    - Remove lockouts?
    - Redistribute XP in Heroic Adventures the way it was pre nerf so LOTD and Potions can be used?

3. Will you unlock progression locked zones so all can explore them?

4. Will future Xpacs resemble ROF to wit:
    - Open Zones?
    - Many Zones?
    - Quality Graphics and Content?
    - Raids in multiple zones?

5. Will you have a higher level hotzone(s) that reflect the TDS level increase to L 105?

Thank you.
    Tobin likes this.
  11. Reviled Elder

Questions for Twitch feed:

How do you plan to allot your resources going forward, between adding new features like loot system and adding new content? 50/50 40/60 etc..

Would you consider pushing back the next expansion release if the return was a more fleshed out product?

Is Everquest self-sufficient financially?

Moving forward, do you plan to focus more on retaining your current player base ( maybe bringing back former players as well), or trying to bring entirely new players to the game?

Is there any plans to address PvP and/or Zek?

What new projects do you, the Dev Team, personally want to see added to the game and the world of Norrath?
  12. Roshen Brand Manager

Unfortunately there's not a time that works best for everyone in every time zone.

We're taking questions in advance, and there will be a YouTube video replay available after.
    Zujilli likes this.
  13. Frenzic Augur

1) please discuss alternate rule servers. Namely progression servers and please take feedback on them.

2) can we have an in game parsing tool instead of having to rely on inaccurate log readers?

3) can you give players the ability to simply lock their exp bars? Turn off exp gaining with a toggle for any level.

Thank you.
  14. Toxn Lorekeeper

can we finally open up chanter transfer off fv without gear?
  15. Shortina Journeyman

1. My personal concern is that you might consolidate EQ games, like close up EQ in favor of EQ2 or eliminate them both for EQNext. Is this something you have considered and what do you plan to do?

2. What is the size of the EQ development staff?

3. With the new change of ownership; what new restrictions toward development have been made. Are there things you just can't do any longer? Are we in maintenance only mode, etc?

4. So I am a casual player that has played since 2000, but I have a lot of other things I have to do in my day and that has always restricted my playtime. Thus when I log on to EQ my time encompasses grouping with my husband and doing the 85, 90 and alternate hot zones and then whatever HAs we can handle with mercs - that usually are not on the daily list. That alone takes us several hours as we are not top level and honestly it gets dull really fast. What can you do for us small group/casual players to make the game fun again?

5. Looking for a group has always been the biggest time waster in EQ. What can you do about improving that feature?

6. Merc AA gain; why is this so slow? Why is it faster lower level than higher level? Heroic character mercs should have some starting AA.

7. It would be nice if we had some advantages to Deities or even city alliance.

8. The game has been around for 15 years, going on 16, do we really need to continue to nerf toons or exp? No one likes nerfs, bring other characters up in power instead of knocking one down. You always tend to overdo your nerfs.

9. Housing - at least some different looking h9ouses that aren't just the collector's edition ones.

10. More interesting guide events. This is a cool program and you should expand on it and give them a bit more creative power and a fun themed type of reward.

11. More unique and different spells and AA instead of just the next level on the same AA or the next level of the same spell line. More unique interactions here would be nice. However, in doing so, please try and retain the individuality of each class so they have a good defined role and are needed in groups/raids, etc.
  16. Battleaxe Augur

Will you alter the adjustments made to insure that "Playing in the newest content should always be the most attractive, and demolishing content from several expansions ago should not be the fastest way to advance your character."?

For example, setting a three hour lockout as soon as you enter an HA and no longer deferring some of the experience as a completion reward? Such a change would allow LoTD to be used but would prevent cycling one HA endlessly by not completing it and evading the lockout.

The basic problem is that some loopholes (the above, swarming, etc.) make it more advantageous to kill mobs intended for lower level characters then to kill mobs intended for players at your level (or to group with higher level players able to trivialize your content). The effect is to reverse RvR - you are rewarded for taking less risk, comparatively punished for taking more risk.

Will you consider not having a linear progression within a tier even if you maintain the requirement of completing the progression in one tier to gain access to the next? Such a change would increase the number of events a person could do with others and still progress.
  17. Mayfaire Augur

Along the lines above, I have often wondered why y'all don't sell large bazaar bags in SC? Seems like an easy money maker to me. :rolleyes:

Here are my questions/concerns for Twitch:

1. Is Daybreak committed to the survival of Everquest specifically?

2. Is communication for your customers going to be improved as soon as it may be possible (support via phone and petition)?

3. Will Everquest see another expansion and, if so, what is the estimated time frame for that release?
  18. Peshmerga Daeshbane New Member

Will you accept bitcoin in exchange for station cash?
  19. Silv Augur

1. When is the current test patch and loot system going live? (Because both are awesome.)

Oh yeah... and all that other stuff people said :p
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Will you continue to have bonus exp weekends? And if they continue is the plan to continue them on special holidays or non holiday weekends or a mix of the two?
    Cazmac likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.