Twitch Stream: Weds, Feb 18 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen Brand Manager

Hello all,

The team will be hosting a Twitch stream on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 2pm PST*. This stream will be hosted on www.twitch.tv/DaybreakGames.

As mentioned in Windstalker's letter to the EQ community here, we'll be using this stream as a time to talk directly with YOU the players. As we prepare for this stream, please feel free to share any questions and topics you'd like to hear discussed as replies to this thread. We'll get to as many of these as possible during the stream.

We'll also have a replay of this stream available on the EverQuest YouTube channel.

We look forward to chatting with everyone who is available to join us for this EverQuest stream!

*Convert to your local time
    Numiko, Sancus, Rhaage and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sancus Augur

So my first question... Are these questions about anything related to EQ, or is there a more specific range of topics?
    Lisandra likes this.
  3. Rhaage Augur

4. Barton The Mischievous

Will the Exp Nerf be Reverted?
    Axxius, Yinla, Karthanon and 3 others like this.
  5. sojero One hit wonder

Are additional resource being put towards EQ since SOE was converted to daybreak?

Is the XP change that was brought with TDS going to be looked at?
    Fnyanea and Lisandra like this.
  6. guado Augur

Can we expect a "half lockout week" or something similar?
    This hasn't been done in awhile, and with the short loot tables in TDS, now would be the perfect time to either temporarily eliminate lockouts on everything for 1 week. No lockouts on COTF HA, TDS Progression missions, and RAIDS!

Think of how many exp potions you would sell. Think of how many Heroic Characters you would sell...
  7. Roshen Brand Manager

Feel free to ask anything related to EQ in this thread. We'll do our best to grab as many questions as possible during this stream for discussion with the team.
    Sancus likes this.
  8. sojero One hit wonder

Will " Daybreak live" be held in the future, or does it look like for now, it is not going to happen anymore?
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Tobin Augur

The first thing that was done after the announcement of the sale was an announcement that the yearly convention is canceled. This put great fear in my heart that EverQuest is not going to continue into the future. No matter what you say, canceling that event is significant. What a great opportunity will be lost for the introduction of the new owners of EverQuest had the convention been held. Will the convention be reconsidered?
  10. Roshen Brand Manager

Since this isn't an EQ specific question, let me grab this now.

Conventions like SOE Live are incredibly expensive to run, and the team's focus is on the transition to Daybreak Games and keeping ALL of our games moving in a positive direction.

Events like these are important to our team, just like they're important to our players. We'll be considering them in the future, but there won't be a Daybreak run fan event like FanFaire/SOE Live in 2015.
  11. Mardy Augur

I would like to know directly from Holly, what she has learned from reading player posts, and the direction she would like to take EQ. EQ has been without a vision for quite some time now. "The Vision" used to be a joke among EQ players, but it at least gave players an idea how the producers & devs saw EQ.
    Cazmac, Yinla, Lisandra and 1 other person like this.
  12. Tobin Augur

There are many small bugs in EverQuest. Could a developer be tasked with finding and eliminating small imperfections in EverQuest? Many of these bugs are mentioned in The Veterans Lounge forum and the"Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup" forum. I am sure that the developers have a long list of the these imperfections already.
    Cazmac and Lisandra like this.
  13. Rhaage Augur

discuss the vision - I know you can't say when the next expac will be, or what the nitty gritty details are, but you can say, we've targeted an expansion that follows a similar model but with an increased focus on... or we are surveying a wide open landscape of possibilities and don't know what the next expac will be... or we're researching ways to make Heroic Characters more friendly for new players...

With the shakeup of recent events, the door is now wide open for a path forward. We want a forward path, We're sure you want a forward path, what we don't clearly see is how to forge that path.

There are pages upon pages of suggestions that the community has poured out and some of them we have learned are more difficult than we realized at first glance, others haven't been commented on yet. I'm hopeful that part of this twitch session will outline the framework between Daybreak and the players and I hope some of the most mentioned suggestions can be addressed and the player community be involved.

Open the doors to new business models - While a subsidiary of Sony would likely suffer for making a kickstarter to fund enhancements, I doubt the same would apply to an independent game firm. Now I wouldn't look to that as a way to fund the next expansion or maintain the business, but maybe a way to test the economic viability of an idea and fund it without drawing down the budget. Potential ideas could include a new TLP server or locked classic or PoP, physical memorabilia from the game (character statue, epic keychain, etc.), Integrated DPS parser, other ideas I'm not even thinking of...

I hope this twitch session will be the start of a clear organizational arrangement between developers, customer support, artists, players and everyone involved. EQ is a historic piece of gaming that can continue with strong partnerships between the developers and players.
    Lisandra and Tobin like this.
  14. Sheaffer Augur

I think that, by far, the three most important questions are the status of the xp nerf, any hope of a new progression server, and will the next expansion be a good one (comparable in quality to rof).
  15. Tobin Augur

Will EQPlayers ever come back?
  16. Dyna Elder

Could we get at least on good Bag for sale all the time, why hold them back I always wondered if people are willing to buy?:)

it also would be great if the bags for selling were larger:)
    Cazmac and Tobin like this.
  17. Maxe Augur

(From my other post, so it will be seen)

I came back a few months ago to the game out of nostalgia and saw so much new stuff and so many nice people I ended up subbing for a year an dropping a couple grand since then on LoN and marketplace items. I like what you have done, but I see a lot of places where things can be improved.

1: The experience nerf: I know a lot of people have been complaining about this, but it effected me directly because people that are in their 100s are less likely to group with me in places where their experience gain is severely nerfed. I joined a guild and almost all the members stopped playing other than popping in for dailies or to check if rare spawns were up so I had to guild hop (and I hate doing that)

2: Character slots: There aren't enough character slots available in the game to fully experience what you have to offer. I'm an altoholic, so I really need some more so I can try all the classes and maybe even lock a few characters at other levels to raid nostalgia stuff. You don't have to give them out for free, and you could even make some money on them by putting them on the marketplace. I'm pretty sure character data is a tiny amount of your costs, so the cost vs benefits for your team is huge. You could add it as a bonus for collector's editions purchases and increase the max purchase on the marketplace to 5 or 6 for some easy money.

3: Shrouding improvements: Shrouding is a foreign concept to me, and when I ask people about it, they tend to tell me it isn't worth the time. Some simple revamps to the shrouding system could really improve the interest. Adding achievements that include illusion item rewards, simple titles, silly hats or other ornaments, people love these. I know I do. You could make old school raid zones, simple copy paste, revamp the loot to ornaments or turn-in currency for that type of stuff or maybe even some decent twink items or an alternate currency to the wandering noble rare item merchant (expensive). You could have players shroud to a set specific type to try other things, and trek through the past completing historical battles like some of the stuff you touch on with plane of time/void zones.

4: Guide/GM events: I love these. Since I've been back, I've been lucky enough to participate in 5 events with cool ornament/illusion potion awards. More of these would be great when the server is really quiet so people like me have something to do instead of standing in front of small bank looking for a group. Your guide and support teams have been awesome, popping in occasionally just to hand out cake and brew is a big part of the friendly nostalgia I really enjoy about the game coming back as an original pre-launch player. We appreciate it, even if a few people are jerks about it. I even get into it with roleplaying, and that's not something I normally do unless that is happening. They're extremely fun. I realize this takes people being actively there, but it also cheers me up every time it happens, and makes me keep coming back. This would be a great opportunity to pass out some of those much sought after illusion items accessible only to guides or GMs as well.

5: MOAR EXPACS: Don't give up on us. We love and NEED new content. Not just for EQ, but also for Legends of Norrath. On a side note, you should really work on reducing the difficulty of easy mode for scenarios in legends of norrath. I have played deck builders since the early 90s, and I can not beat any scenarios with the base decks you offer as a gift, and I have no idea how to build a deck. A guide or two assigned to LoN for helping with this would go a long way.

6: Loyalty Points: Give ALL ACCESS members ways to accrue more of these. More incentive to purchase all access. There are already a lot of nice little bonuses, but it can't hurt to add a few more, especially if your numbers are lower than you like. More bonuses for purchasing collector's editions, and make the old collector's edition bonuses available to people through the station cash store. (an item at the time, or as bundles with discounts).

I'm also open to discussion if anyone wants to talk to me in game on Rathe-Prexus.

~ Jive Turkey the Eagle Eye
    Cazmac likes this.
  18. Stageguy Lorekeeper

I would like to see some of the changes (nerfs) to the bard class reverted back to previous status. Playing a bard up to higher levels is fun, but there is a point where they just are no longer efficient at soloing and that was part of the attraction of the class. It really stinks when you put a lot of time into a character and just as you reach the truly rewarding levels of the game the class is nerfed.
  19. Tobin Augur

Would it be possible for the bazaar;s interface to be increased to 200 items? If you look at the current interface, it looks like the process was started because there are 200 slots in the current bazaar interface, but only 100 can be used.
  20. Heile Lorekeeper

How do you guys plan on raid events in the future expantions?...same like TDS with 7 total? Or more along the lines of RoF with the T1 to T4 scale raid events?
    Axxius and Lisandra like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.