Twitch Stream: Weds, Feb 18 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cacafuego Journeyman

Actually on this item the answer was definitive. He recognized the consequences of the decision ... but ..... we did this for a reason and it will remain this way.
  2. Serriah_Test Augur

Fitting for a guy who named himself Muuadib :)

Long live the fighters!
    The Atredies need desert power! :)
  3. Jeanmirac Elder

Been playing EQ since 2001 - been in IT since 1994 - I'm aware of that. Doesn't change it.
    ;)
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. Numiko Augur

I thought they did a great job, some did seem a bit nervous but all spoke well when prodded by Holly, was kind of funny to see them cringe when they got passed the mic :D

Was just mad someone stole Numiko on twitch!
    Sancus likes this.
  5. Crystilla Augur

Being at the end yes seemed like that was staying. However my reference was to the way bonus exp with potions/lessons and mercs are. They're looking into that he said.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They said patch next week, including some Twincast updates, should be on test in the next couple of days.
    Silv likes this.
  7. Silv Augur

I'd agree with that interpretation. They liked the result of what they did but weren't happy with how it negatively affected the use of XP mods and merc experience. I have a feeling whatever "change" may come is still going to be some end-heavy method.

HAs in TDS have almost normal XP gain throughout them for kills though so if you use the new content like they want :rolleyes:... you do get more benefit for your lesson/mercs.
  8. Crystilla Augur

The only thing I wish Holly would have said was the fact that she was on EQ for a number of years as our lore lady.

So she's not a newbie, just has to get her feet back under her with all the changes/growth since she's been gone.
    Jeanmirac and Mayfaire like this.
  9. Rotlust Augur

still seemed like an odd decision to me. She does OK at eq2 (yes I play both) but I think it might stretch her thin. There are a few people left that I think hold a great deal more knowledge and passion about EQ.

Still that is the least of my concerns.

Edit: The more I think about it though EQ was in a downward spiral. Maybe its a good thing.
  10. Abazzagorath Augur

Exp nerf needs to be reversed, period. If this isn't done they are flushing money down the toilet and ensuring a faster decline in subscriptions.

If the goal was to slow leveling from 101-105 then INCREASE EXP NEEDED TO LEVEL! How is this complicated?

1) Make level 101-105 take 10 times as much exp as it currently does.

2) Increase the exp per kill in all TDS zones by 50-100%.

3) Reverse the exp nerf from kills and task rewards, make sure the rewards give set exp values and NOT "% of level" rewards on all existing and future quests (can still be displayed as a % of X level).

4) Add a modifier to level 101+ aa to make it take 2x as many "even con kills" to get an AA. Leave AA rewards on tasks as set number of AA for those kind of rewards.

5) Give up on scaling HA idea. It was a DUMB idea with the inherent mudflation and skill increases you get as you level up, just a real fact with the mechanics of this game. Make them scale only up to the max level current at the time it is released. So a level 98 mob for a level 100 player stays level 98, not go to 103 for a 105 player in a cotf HA.

Doing this makes TDS zones and tasks a much better source of exp than bottom feeding in older content, but makes the older content at least give a decent enough reward to see it as worthwhile to someone who is under geared or is asked to go back and help on stuff they don't need.
  11. Rotlust Augur

I agree with this. I think the answer was to make the new content more appealing not nerf the old stuff.
  12. Sancus Augur

Since I blanked out after the RS thing... When will the video be on Youtube?
  13. Silv Augur

I knew I was a few minutes late but apparently I must have missed A LOT in those moments. Now I want to re-watch it too. :confused:
  14. Bigbear Augur

the big issue i have with the xp nerf is that it wasnt broken to begin with and after i pay them for an expansion what's it to them where i go to get xp.. its their job to give me something to buy to make their company money... not their job to tell me where to spend my time when i want to level my toons
    Barton likes this.
  15. Piasa Journeyman

The only question I care about is the Exp nerf, as it will answer if I will ever log into the game again.

I do not know what it hurts to leave it as it was, and just add more levels. Stop adding so many red-con mobs to your expansions, then when the next expansion comes guess what.. the mobs con blue/green much faster and viola, exp problem solved we move on.

The solution implemented has just infuriated a lot of people, myself included. Which has lost Daybreak revenue. Its the lack of definite responses that I dislike so much, it seems nothing has changed at Daybreak even after the layoffs you would think people would be more receptive.
    Lisandra, Iila and Barton like this.
  16. Roshen Brand Manager

Closing this thread, since this stream occurred today. I'll get the replay up this week.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.