TDS Off Raid 1 Tita's Ghost

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigstomp Augur

It's a one off, it feels good to beat but I'm glad they left it out of progression tracking. Too much (bad luck, DA, ect) could influence rankings on this due to one shot a week.

But those who beat it, can feel good about beating it. And those who's plan doesn't involve 2+ hours can feel good about not spending 2+ hours on a 20 minute event each week.
  2. Smokn Augur

just like Plane of War right? *cough* gives coin, more spells then "progression" events n gear, WHY again is this NOT progression?!?
  3. Smokn Augur

WAIT i kno, cause its HARD!
  4. Maeryn Augur

Except that Tita's Ghost is ideal for tracking (not ranking). It's not all that useful for ranking since you have guilds using entirely different tactics and even Vitio it's silly to place much ranking weight on what happened on one specific attempt at a raid:

Axxius: We blew the Vitio event in the most r#tarded fashion last week when we first got access to it.

The most meaningful way to rank Ghost would be by fastest kill. The most meaningful way to rank Vitio would be by success rate. Definitely have no interest in keeping track of every win and loss for Vitio or any raid. Fastest time is really easy, already added that to Ghost, could easily add it to Vitio as a proxy for DPS ranking. Spoiler Alert: if RoI chooses to submit info they will be #1 by time.

Where the tracking really kicks is to see guilds you wouldn't expect to see beating an event and then talk to someone in one of those guilds to get some basic info on how they did the raid and decide if you would rather spend 2 hours on Ghost, T2 CotF, PoWar or whatever.

Vitio, I only know of 5 guilds that beat it so I can only list those but the one of those guilds that's not like the others should be a big hint. If you often/always beat events before or even around the same time as Fire and Fury you should probably take the time to attempt Vitio once each week if you aren't already and have a good number of people flagged for the raid.

If you could make unlimited attempts you would have to balance that time against working on progression but since it's max 1 attempt you really should make that attempt. Tracking (not ranking) serves the valuable purpose of providing data that people can use to select raid targets.

Praetor Vitio

1. Realm of Insanity - 11/12/2014
    2. Triton - 11/23/2014
    3. Ring of Valor - 11/24/2014
    4. Fire and Fury - 12/01/2014
    5. Inverse Logic - 12/02/2014

Captain Tita's Ghost

1. Realm of Insanity - 10/29/2014
    2. Machin Shin - 11/10/2014
    2. Pain and Glory - 11/10/2014
    ​4. Reckless Ascension - 11/18/2014

5. Phoenix Rises - 12/07/2014
    6. Final Empire - 12/08/2014
    7. Triton - 12/09/2014 - fastest time 21min
    8. Ring of Valor - 12/10/2014 - fastest time 18m27s
  5. Robnie Augur

Grats RoV and Triton! Even if RoI does do it "legit" it gives hope to the rest of us that one day this can be done by most(hopefully) in a decent non crazy amount of time.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  6. Smokn Augur

YOU CAN DOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Axxius Augur

Sorry, but you cannot put Triton and RoV in the same list as Da Zerg Club. Why don't you split that list in two?

Captain Tita's Ghost (DA exploit)

1. Realm of Insanity - 10/29/2014
    2. Machin Shin - 11/10/2014
    2. Pain and Glory - 11/10/2014
    ​4. Reckless Ascension - 11/18/2014

5. Phoenix Rises - 12/07/2014
    6. Final Empire - 12/08/2014

Captain Tita's Ghost (legit)

1. Triton - 12/09/2014 - fastest time 21min
    2. Ring of Valor - 12/10/2014 - fastest time 18m27s[/quote]

Or do you list the wipe+chest 'wins' together with legit ones for the progression events too? The guilds who got the chest on a wipe got the loot/currency/keys/lockouts - all the attributes of a successful kill.
    FawnTemplar and guado like this.
  8. Shang Augur

Why isn't pet tanking listed on this?
    Sathayorn likes this.
  9. Axxius Augur

Why would it be?
  10. Shang Augur

I FOUND THE STRAT
  11. Axxius Augur

Yes, Repthor is my pet warrior. Don't judge! :p
  12. Ravengloome Augur

Well Lets be serious Shang, its Triton, of course they would pet tank it, who are they gunna send in Battleblade?!
  13. Nudia Augur

BA was indeed tanking on the west side in G7. How did you know he was an integral part of our strategy?
  14. Ravengloome Augur

I didn't realize Battleaxe was an Earth Elemental.
    Insaneox, Edrick and Shang like this.
  15. Axxius Augur

If you are trying to insinuate that we pet tanked Tita - you're wrong. Repthor tanked her.
  16. Shang Augur

At one point in the encounter I'm sure Repthor did tank her.
    Ravengloome likes this.
  17. Stonereq Journeyman

If you don't DA tank Tita and take 2 hours like you guys then it doesn't ramp up to the point of being untankable. I just hope they throw a hard timer on the event of say 45 minutes. And heck if they DA tanked this it is a wonder to what extent they did it on other events.
  18. Axxius Augur

Repthor tanked Tita from the start to almost the end. IIRC he died during the final wave and another warrior tanked her from there to the end.

What other details of our strat would you like to fish for? ;)

I believe Qulas' request was not serious, but hey, this is not the first time somebody from Xegony is asking for our logs...
  19. Smokn Augur

wait did we just go back to Sep 3 event?!? PET TANKS?!? WTF IS THAT !
  20. Shang Augur

You guys gotta get used to this, being the #1 guild in the world and all. Skepticism comes with the territory.

I can teach you all you need to know about being #1, my office hours are 12-2.
    Genoane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.