TDS Off Raid 1 Tita's Ghost

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raynrace Augur

Some serious retuning needs to happen here.

Dps Tita down to 90% and 8 mobs pop all hit for up to 50k a swing(that's 200k possible in a round), separate them, 4 melee only with weapon procs reflecting on melee killing them so maybe we should try to punch them to death and 4 caster only that have to die via spell damage and if you do the wrong type of damage have fun dying from reflects.

Next set even more, final add set is 16 mobs with anti kite mechanisms that hit for 50k each not to mention the mez kill and charm kill mobs.

So, painting the picture you need 16 tanks for the adds that have to be killed(hitting up to 50k a swing you hope they don't flurry and every heal crits). You need some ranger vinelash for the mez kill mobs and at least 1 kite tank for charm kill mobs 20 adds... Then you still have to offtank Tita so we hope 2 warriors will do there.

So raid make up would be 20 tanks, need a healer and a half at least for each tank(trying to be positive here) so 30 healers which would leave 2 melee and 2 casters to deal with the adds that only die to spell or melee damage.

With killing the first wave in more than a timely manner we have Tita slashing for 108k(one swing) through discs. I was hit through weaponshield for 108k and I am a well geared ranger, #2 serverwide.

The whole point is this raid is either beaten by healers DA proc tanking all the mobs in the zone losing half a level in one raid as it drops or not beaten at all if done as intended.

I think this raid needs a serious look at changes and retuned.

Thanks.
  2. Kegwell Lurker since '99

He hits for a LOT more than that :)
  3. Maedhros High King

Dont forget the massive Ae's!
  4. Axxius Augur

I heard all you really need is DA and Preincarnation. And 2 hours of time. It will be very painful. But the end result is glorious! ;)
    roguerunner and Silv like this.
  5. Silentchaos Augur

I see what you did there.
    roguerunner likes this.
  6. Shang Augur

Or pets. ;)
  7. Snowman Augur

it does need to be retuned
  8. Silv Augur

Oooo... is this going to be this expac's Xorbb 1 raid? I think so!

Grab your tuning forks.
  9. Qulas Augur

Regardless of the sure to be trolling that will happen on this thread, the raid itself is way overtuned and really needs to be looked at and adjusted.
  10. Axxius Augur

It's Xorbb 1 that you can only try 1 time per week.
  11. Porterz73 Augur

Has any guild beat this 1 yet? If no, how far did the ones that attempted it get?

Seems like a very good method to slow everyone down... Make a crazy hard raid that can't be repeated on fail and make all beat it a min of 12 times to move on. (I'm sure many guilds will need a lot more than the min to get enough flagged for next raids.)
  12. Armod New Member

It has been beaten every week by RoI.
  13. Redrum_Redrum Augur

The better question is besides ROI has any guild beat this raid legit. That means not cramming 20 healers in a pile with da firing and killing adds 1 at a time for 2 hours the cheese way.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  14. Raynrace Augur

I propose easy changes to make this raid doable and challenging.

1- Tita can increase regen ramp and flurry instead of one rounding 200k hp tanks
    2- Lower the HP and damage output of the adds 20 to 30%
    3- wave 1- 4 ledalus and 4 vitali (one each side of the pyramid)
    wave 2- 4 ledalus, 4 vitali, (one each side of the pyramid) 1 carcass, 1 malleable (random ramps)
    wave 3- 4 ledalus, 4 vitali, (one each side of the pyramid) 2 carcass, 2 malleable (random ramps)
    wave 4- 4 ledalus, 4 vitali, (one each side of the pyramid) 3 carcass, 2 malleable (random ramps)
    wave 5- 4 ledalus, 4 vitali, (one each side of the pyramid) 4 carcass, 3 malleable (random ramps)

This simple change will still make the raid difficult but doable.

Thanks.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  15. Silv Augur

ROI doesn't even have 20 healers on roster and I'm curious how you're privy to their raid strats. Also, because something is cheezy does not mean it's not legit.

Given you only get one shot per week and it's a method to artificially slow down most guilds I doubt it will get retuned for quite a while. I could be wrong but it seems to be the norm each time we get one of these raids. I'm just surprised this is bunched up with the first raid instead of further down the line. There was a ton of feedback on this event and how ridiculous it was during beta.
  16. Kellaer Augur

you could use your arbitrary logic to say no raid has ever been beaten legitimately
  17. Makavien Augur

There was lots of feedback given and there was even a note that he was going to lower the outbound dps from the adds to allow a tank to tank 2 -3 adds each which never happened.
    The aoes were never lowered either based on the feedback.

Kinda like the feedback given about the instant cast mezz npc's are doing and the priest on powar raid being the bane overpowered portion of the raid all being ignored just like the beta feedback on this raid.
  18. Silentchaos Augur

1) Reading comprehension.
    2) DA tanking a mass of mobs to circumvent a fail mechanic is patently not legit.
  19. Hatsee Augur

A tank was supposed to be able to take on 3 at once, but this was always impossible in beta so people kited, so an anti-kite mechanic was put in.

The adds have to be capped at something like 20k per hit for this to be possible. The AE's probably have to be cut in half as well so you don't randomly just kill your raid, back to back 130k AE's is a fail mechanic from the first event and shouldn't have been copy+pasted into the first one off.
  20. Silv Augur

I'm glad you know what reading comprehension is... or at least are aware of it. Please tell me how I failed to understand your comment. It's not my fault you're wrong.

Yeah I'm not sure why all of this was ignored despite the overwhelming feedback to properly tune the event.

It's an issue when one-off 2 is easier than one-off 1. As I've said before, WRU logic :eek:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.