LOVE Firiona Vie's new look!!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cordilya, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Absor Developer

She has never been a wizard. Just a paladin that forgot her sword and armor.

A
    code-zero and Lisandra like this.
  2. Cordilya Elder

Awesome, thanks, Maeryn. I had no idea there was so much story/lore surrounding FV. Heck, she's a legend! And I love the idea that she might evolve with the game. Someone mentioned she might be a ranger in EQ Next. Sounds good to me! :)
  3. Cordilya Elder

:D
  4. Cordilya Elder

Skinamax? (Yeah, I probably oughta Google...)
  5. sojuu Augur

So she dies alot and will be the butt of everyones jokes in eqnext?
    Obiziana, Elskidor and Cordilya like this.
  6. Cordilya Elder

I thought Lanys was a male Dark Elf in that picture. Still looks like one to me, even though now I know better. It's a great picture, though, very dramatic.
  7. Cordilya Elder

Hehe. What's with rangers having a reputation for dying a lot? People just don't know how to play them, that's all! :p
  8. Silentchaos Augur

'Ole Lanys up to no good again!
  9. Axxius Augur

It took 15 years but they finally made her look like a paladin.

Or maybe it's just an allegory of how well enchanters can tank these days. ;)
    sojuu, Elskidor and Lisandra like this.
  10. Litala Journeyman

The early renderings are from her FB/twitter social media years.. Now she's moved to Linkedin, but once it is on the net it stays on the net....
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. FcsevenXIII Augur

I'm curious if the feminist side of gamergate had anything to do with FVs new mummified look.
    Cordilya likes this.
  12. guado Augur

I doubt it. I seriously think that whole gamergate thing was a troll that got lucky and a whole bunch of feminists hopped on the band wagon and before anyone knew it, it was too late.

Umm... females in video games... can be portrayed however the developers want! If you don't wish to consume what you view as misogynistic, don't buy the game or pay attention to any advertising!
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. Axxius Augur

Rest assured, the feminist movement has no effect on SOE products whatsoever. Here's the artwork for last month's DCUO expansion:

[IMG]
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. Goth Augur

15. Goth Augur

[IMG]
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. Goth Augur

17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If she's a Paladin, sir, does this mean Lanys can win by convincing her to /alt activate 76? Sounds like the best possible, storybook ending!
    Axxius and guado like this.
  18. Cordilya Elder

Mummified?!?

Hey, it's not feminism, it's just plain old respect.
  19. Cordilya Elder

But hey, why should I be deprived of playing a game I REALLY like just because some developer or artist wants to appeal to young high-testosterone guys?!?
    guado likes this.
  20. Cordilya Elder

Arghhhhhhhh!!! :D
    Andarriel likes this.