LOVE Firiona Vie's new look!!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cordilya, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Siddar Augur

FV real class is eleven princess / demi-godess so in the end she can be whatever class she wants to be at any given time.

I prefer the old enchanter look myself but current EQ graphics don't support that look.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

She is neither a goddess nor technically even a princess (the king isn't really her father).
    Axxius and Lisandra like this.
  3. Siddar Augur

Her mother is the queen though so her princess title is valid. Her father is a Planar being of some type that inhabited the body of a high elf Galeth Veredeth,. Demi Goddess maybe a bit of a overstatement but she is clearly more then just a elf. Her title of Tunares Chosen implies the potential of Avatar status as well.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No, it's not...by her own admission and by the king himself:

http://elitegamerslounge.com/home/lore/storyDaughter120605_13.htm

I don't know as much about the old old lore, but I'm not aware of anything suggesting that there was divine influence in the affair between the queen and Galeth.

Not according to the lore I've seen, it all suggests that she is just an elf, albeit the special chosen one.

http://elitegamerslounge.com/home/lore/storyMessenger221004_3.htm

Avatars are just those empowered by the gods to act in their place. Anyone can be an Avatar if a god wants them to be. WE become avatars ourselves in the group mission Breaching the Barrier in VoA because the gods themselves are too scared to enter the Sepulcher of order and face the Alaran gods.

I don't have the lore for that handy since they radically changed the mission before any group after mine was able to do it since we found a ton of exploits. My group was the only one who saw it in its original form / those we task added. As a result of the changes the lore for it isn't listed anywhere. I should still have it in my logs from the original run through we did. Someone might have it in their logs from beta, but I don't know of anyone who was flagged to see it there either.
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

https://loreofnorrath.wordpress.com/category/galeth-veredeth/

“Mother of All, I beseech you. I beg of you to hear my plea,” Galeth shouted. The gentle breeze and the ruffling of leaves were his only answer. He had known that Tunare had turned her back on her children, that she was forced to through a pact amongst the gods, but he did not expect her to shun him too — one of her very own children of the plane.

Saddened, Galeth leaned back on his heels and gazed to the sky as the wind tousled his hair. He remembered his passage into the mortal realm, becoming a high elf, and growing into a skilled and powerful fighter under the tutelage of his guildmaster, Tynkale. He rose quickly in the ranks of the royal guard of Felwithe.

https://loreofnorrath.wordpress.com/category/firiona-vie/

"I have caused so much heartache. I lost the woman I love because I did not have the will and honor strong enough to see past my heart. She died because of the strain of bringing a child of immortal and mortal essence into the world. I have lost my daughter a second time. I feel I can endure no more and my work is not done. I still strive to aid my child in striking a balance in this world — a task you charged her with,” Galeth paused, trying to calm his nerves.

All within:
    http://elitegamerslounge.com/home/lore/storyPlea050205_8.htm

Just to use your source.
  6. Cordilya Elder

Novels? There are EQ novels?
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Cordilya Elder

Exactly!
  8. Cordilya Elder

Rainbow, please don't read more into my comments than is actually there. No one is trying to cram their opinion down anyone else's throat or take away anyone else's freedom to choose. My little complaint isn't going to change anything, and I think I have the right to register mild annoyance, no? You're right, I may well be in the minority, and plenty of women run around in RL scantily clad, and that's their perogative. I just hope they understand that if they want to be respected, that's not the way to do it.

Anyway, my whole point in posting originally was to say I like the new look, not to complain about scantily clad women. :D

Good point!
  9. Cordilya Elder

Awesome!! Where did you get the ancient pictures from EQ1??? I really like the armored look in "The War."
  10. sojuu Augur

Judging by the text you quoted and not knowing much of the actual lore. The comments would suggest to me a king that his queen cheated on him with someone else. And he is stating that even though she may be his wifes daughter she is no daughter to him, and is holding a grudge. While also saying she may be technically a princess because she is his wifes but she is actually no princess in his eyes because she isnt his. But this is also only reading between the lines from your quoted text and what the person you qupted said. Like i said I am unsure of the actual lore.
  11. sojuu Augur

I actually thought the same at one point. While agreeing I liked the new look. But I was like oh great this seems like a femenest post. After rereading it I began to see it wasnt one that was trying to push the views down peoples throats. But more a post just giving creit to thw artists for going outside the norm and doing a very good job. This is only speculation but I believe it is because there is so much out there with agendas like this that people see the posts like this that arnt as them.
  12. Siddar Augur

I really doesn't matter what ether of them think if the king dies she has claim to being Queen based upon fact that she is the daughter of the queen.

See below for clear statement she is not just a elf from the storyline tab in game.

The Revelation

The steady rhythm of Lanys T'Vyl's gritty footsteps echoed off of the walls of Karnor's Castle as she passed through it, unchallenged. A satisfied smirk marked the Child of Hate's dark-skinned, sultry face as she relished the hate and fear of the undead that watched her walk by.

Lanys arrived at Venril Sethir's chamber doorway and smugly leaned against the wall and crossed her arms.

"That gaggle of bones you gave me left a lot to be desired in battle out there, Venril. How you've managed to survive is one of this feeble land's mysteries, to be sure," she said indignantly.

Venril hissed and moved closer to Lanys, hovering over her.

"Lady of Hate, your jesting is one of your greatest foibles, but your arrogance is crippling. My work with you is done, however, so I do expect I will not be seeing you again," Venril said.

"I may not be done with you yet. I simply won't rest until the light-loving races all find themselves rotting and sinking into the lands, especially Tunare's slave -- Firiona Vie," Lanys snarled, her irritation with her failure to kill Firiona surfaced on her face.

"I care not what your motives are. I accomplished what I needed to and will remain satisfied for some time," Venril's scaled visage almost revealed a smile, which greatly confused the daughter of Innoruuk.

"What could you have possibly gained? You sat on your scaled laurels while your lands ran red with the blood of the good -- an act I might characterize as cowardice," Lanys said.

"Do you honestly believe I would bend so easily to your demands to take my loyal subjects into war if I had nothing to gain?" Venril said, relishing the opportunity to reveal his achievements to Lanys. "In fact, you may enjoy this."

Lanys was very near ready to take her blade to Venril for his impudence, but then looked on with interest, quietly. Venril recounted his recent activities, starting with Tserrina Syl'Tor's successes with transmuting the magic of the Lifeguide, Tunare's gift to Firiona, to suit his own ends. Tserrina believed that the full capability of the Lifeguide's magic was incomplete and needed Firiona Vie's presence to continue her work -- to get the full benefit of the magic. She required Firiona's essence as a half-child of Growth.

Venril explained how Tserrina was able to separate and change the Lifeguide's invaluable crystal so that its soul-bound owner could manipulate any creature's memories. Venril became that owner. With the crystal, he was able to easily walk through Felwithe, stealing the memories of any who saw him.

Lanys' interest piqued as Venril detailed how he planted enough seeds of guilt in Firiona's heart to make her leave Felwithe of her own accord to find the Lifeguide, delivering her into the hands of Tserrina for the final spell for the crystal. Even though Tserrina never did get her chance, it did not matter. Venril was satisfied with the crystal. And he was amused by the news that Firiona had taken the Lifeguide from the Tower of Frozen Shadow -- a now virtually useless weapon with a false crystal.

Venril hissed as he spoke of the dragons of Norrath, particularly the Ring of Scale, and while Lanys was not surprised to hear of his desire for revenge, she was impressed by his methods. It was the Ring of Scale, and Trakanon in particular, that were the catalysts that brought the end of the Sebilisian Empire that Venril created.

As he paced around the room, Venril continued his tale, walking through each step of his plan. He told of how he returned to his old home, the city of Sebilis, and into Trakanon's lair after he sent Firiona in search of her missing staff. Using the Lifeguide's crystal, Venril searched Trakanon's memories and discovered what no one had known -- details of the Nest -- where dragons were born and raised. He also learned that the cycle of birth for the next dragons -- a time known as the Brood Dawn -- was rapidly approaching. He chose to prevent the young wyrms from taking their first breaths. That would be his revenge.

Using the knowledge he obtained from Trakanon, Venril began to shape a collage of deception that would have others acting on his behalf so his plan may come to fruition without interference. He built and bought distractions, having the Solusek Mining Company dig their way to the Nest with the promise of riches.

Lanys' arrival in the Dreadlands to mount an attack against the city of Firiona Vie was a fortunate coincidence for Venril. When Lanys entered Karnor's Castle and demanded soldiers for her army, Venril recognized that allowing his fallen comrades to fight with her in any battle would be a worthy distraction as he anxiously awaited the opening of the Nest. While a war raged outside his castle walls, Venril became reacquainted with all of necromantic arts he learned from his Shissar masters so many moons ago, to create a most unusual curse -- a very specific curse that would become the coup de grace of his vengeance.

Venril continued to move around his chamber, focusing on the details, while Lanys looked on, fascinated. He said that when he sorted through Trakanon's memories, he learned of two storm dragons that protected the eggs in the Nest that would bring the next generation of Veeshan's children to Norrath. Their names were Yar`Lir and Vishimtar. He learned of their magical bond and the ward they formed together that served to protect the Nest from disruption and corruption. Venril used this knowledge as the stage for his final act.

Venril had managed to create a curse that, once unleashed, would disturb the Brood Dawn and corrupt any egg or creature it touched. He could not release the powerful curse himself as he would undoubtedly be caught in it. It did not take long for Venril to see a perfect solution that would bring horror to the dragons.

While there were no guarantees, he knew that as soon as the Nest was discovered, mortal Norrathians of all races would pour into the area like a grim infestation, just like they did on his own continent of Kunark. He knew they would kill anything and everything should it stand in their way.

Venril reworked the curse and created a unique ward for it. If all went as planned, the curse would unfurl when the strong magical bond between Yar`Lir and Vishimtar was broken and the Nest was left with no magical protection. All this would require is the death of either dragon. Venril felt this was a safe gamble.

He was right.

Norrathians eagerly aided the bumbling Solusek Mining Company and expedited passage into the Nest. In the chaos of that day, as the Nest was breached and Tirranun, the dragon of lava, rained fire in Lavastorm, Venril was able to slip into the Nest undetected having learned of a hidden path that Trakanon unwittingly revealed to him. Venril was able to place the curse in the Nest with ease as all the creatures of the Nest scampered in confusion that day. With the curse planted, Venril then disappeared into the darkness and waited.

And so it came to pass, sooner than he'd imagined. Norrathians rampaged through the dragon temples and through Thundercrest Isles, soon taking the life of Yar`Lir. With that killing blow, the curse was unleashed in the Nest below Yar`Lir's Thundercrest Isles, spreading so fast there was no time to react. Even the storm dragon, Vishimtar, succumbed to the curse, becoming a twisted dragon of shadows. The curse decimated the unborn dragons and ruined every creature that stood in its wake.

As Venril finished his tale, a grin grew on Lanys' face. She walked forward to Venril, clapping her hands, slow and loud.

"First, I have to say that your actions could be considered treacherous. Second, I'm pleased that the Dark Reign, my army, was able to assist in this plan, albeit unknowingly. Third, you do serve my father, Innoruuk, so I will grant you pardon. I might even suggest that this quaint story be used as a shining example of the superiority of hate over all," Lanys said.

"I care not what you think of my deeds. I only care that it was done, as I planned, and the dragons of Norrath have felt the consequences of their actions against me and my kin," Venril said disinterestedly. "Now, go. I will not support your cause and you have built a fair army of your own now."

"I will do as I please, Venril, and do not forget that! I am the daughter of the Prince of Hate and take orders from no one. However, it is true, I do not need you or your lingering minions, but I would very much like to learn of this curse, especially if you drew from the power of hate," Lanys said.

"Sit and I will tell you, but know that should this curse not be contained, you could bring destruction to Norrath. Only I know how to stop it and that is something I will not share," Venril said.

"No matter to those of us who aren't mortal, Venril, hm? Show me!"
  13. Axxius Augur

Yeah, about her father... Galeth Veredeth was apparently UNDEAD when he conceived Firiona with the queen. I've posted a thread in Lore to discuss that bit, since it's a side subject not related to FV's appearance. But her 'class' could also be extended to 'an abomination'. :D
    Naugrin and SaderakhBertox like this.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That depends entirely upon the customs of the culture. Not all cultures accept illegitimate children as heirs. Some do not even accept legitimate children as heirs if they have been disowned by the father.
  15. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

True and, if Allisea was not of noble blood, Firiona would also not be of noble blood... thus not a princess (aside from title... which was effectively removed by King Thex).
  16. Rainbowdash Augur

Nah yours is fine why I didn't quote it haha, but the arguments will pop up around it anyway :p. But like sojuu said there's lots out there that just wanna push agendas in the name of something good when in reality they are fighting for a mirror of what has already happened/is happening. A role-reversal. So you get sick of seeing it at all after awhile as two wrongs don't make a right, but say anything and "you're a sexist!". I'm too lazy to find it right now but there was a post i ran into by accident on the EQNext boards about the dark elf concept art that is much more in-line with what i was talking about. I may try to find it again when I'm no longer lazy but as I am still waiting for my dinner to fall from the sky so I don't have to make it myself, that is a big maybe :p
    Cordilya likes this.
  17. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

This one?
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eve...ealing-for-the-dark-elves-images-in-blog.432/

Brief synopsis:
    OMG, Dark Elves + Evil = racist!

The FV commentary has been made here already:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...-art-on-the-everquestnext-com-website.201485/

This FV looks better than the remake of Kieth's work:
    [IMG]
    Cordilya likes this.
  18. Naugrin Augur

3 I think.

The rogues hour, ocean of tears, and the blood red harp iirc.

The first had an account of RA Salvatore's first day in eq. Probably more entertaining than the book lol (iirc it was written by scott ciensin whom I like but not his best work imo). I think I remember ocean of tears being decent.
    Cordilya likes this.
  19. Gukkor New Member

My interpretation regarding Firiona Vie's wardrobe choice has always been that she simply likes that particular outfit and wears it whenever she doesn't require armor. Yeah, it's unusually skimpy for a high elf, but she's not entirely elven, and she's the Chosen of Tunare to boot. She probably likes having as little between her body and the natural environment as is socially acceptable. And yeah, instances of her wearing armor aren't at all new, just unusual to see in official artwork (the TDS splash is quite nice, by the way).
  20. Cordilya Elder

I'm really fascinated with all the Firiona Vie lore that's popped up in this thread. It's almost like we're talking about a real person. That is so cool! Thanks everyone. I had no idea there was so much.