LOVE Firiona Vie's new look!!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cordilya, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Cordilya Elder

I'm not sure where to post this. Maybe Sony should have a Suggestion Box? But I want to congratulate the artist who designed the new cover for The Darkened Sea. It is beautiful! And I love how Firiona Vie actually looks like a warrior instead of like either a fluffy little sexpot or the main character from the old sitcom "I Dream of Jeannie." I know that version of FV has been the face of EQ for all these years, but I just love the updated version and hope we can stick with it. The artwork is gorgeous, and she looks resolute and well-equipped to go into battle. I could get behind someone like that.

As a woman who has been playing MMORPGs for years, I am often dismayed at the way women are portrayed in the games. I know the sexpot image is appealing to young, high-testosterone guys playing the games, but REALLY!! There are women playing the games, too! So glad to see a major female character in EQ treated with respect and dignity.

I'm not sure who the Dark Elf is in that picture, but he is also striking. That whole picture is suitable for framing, and I will be sorry to see it retired when the next expansion comes out.

Wish I knew how to thank Sony and the artist directly, but maybe the word will get back to him/her somehow.

Thanks for letting me share! :)
    Ratbo Peep, Brohg, Riou and 2 others like this.
  2. Roshen Brand Manager

Thanks for the positive feedback! I'm also pretty happy with how the art came out for The Darkened Sea and how Firiona Vie appears in-game.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    That's Lanys T`vyl. She's up to no good.
    Brohg, Sancus and Iila like this.
  3. Hayzeus Augur

this is something that I was thinking to myself many many times over the past couples months while logging in to the game.

That chick looks a lot like Anna Paquin
  4. Cordilya Elder

Thanks Roshen. Hmmmm, not too crazy about Firiona's look in-game. Why does she have white hair instead of blond? Oh well, at least she does still look like a warrior!

And the Dark Elf is a female? Interesting! I'll have to take a closer look. Obviously I haven't tried the expansion yet.

I do hope you can pass this positive feedback on to whoever might care to know. I'm sure you normally hear way more negatives than positives. People don't tend to speak up if they're content, eh? :rolleyes:
  5. Roshen Brand Manager

Oops! I had an old screenshot from TDS beta. I've fixed it with a screenshot on how Firiona Vie appears on live servers.
    Cordilya likes this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

I agree. She looks much more like a warrior woman recently.
    Cordilya likes this.
  7. Corlen-Xeg Elder

NDA breach. Call the mods!
    Ebonylight-Xegony and Iila like this.
  8. Shang Augur

I miss when fv looked like a woman of the night, personally.
    Cordilya and Obiziana like this.
  9. Xanumbik Augur

I think they look to old
  10. Wayylon Augur

She's missing out on a lot of AC not wearing vambraces and gauntlets.
    Cordilya and Obiziana like this.
  11. Feradach Augur

Apparently TDS armor drops are just as rare for EQ icons as they are for us players.
    Wayylon, Silv, Cordilya and 3 others like this.
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

The game is old, the player base is old - so why no age the prime characters a bit?
    I like them.
    -R
    guado likes this.
  13. Litala Journeyman

45 mins per EQ day.
    15 years (not getting overly specific)

A 1999 character has aged 50 years.

I concur, their age is fine.

Really... We're talking about made up characters, in a made up world, with made up races, made up wars and... Well... The point is clear, I suppose. Good thing my hair is already silver by nature... I don't want some gnomish "Just for Darkelves" concoction to put in my hair. ;)
    Cordilya and guado like this.
  14. Nudia Augur

Bring back the cleavage, even if it makes her harder to keep alive during the Arx raids.
    Cordilya likes this.
  15. Litala Journeyman

FV can never compete:
    [IMG]
    Silentchaos, Sheex, Cordilya and 2 others like this.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

This:
    [IMG]

Does not hold a candle to this:

[IMG]
    Sheex, Elskidor and Dzarn like this.
  17. guado Augur

I know it probably won't happen, but I would love a CGI fight between Firiona and Lanys. Magic and all.

I would voice act Al`Kabor for free.
    Obiziana, Cordilya and Roshen like this.
  18. Cordilya Elder

Oh, that's better. But I must say, the faces of elves/half elves used to be a lot prettier in earlier EQ. Not to be particular or anything. :) FV in-game is not nearly as lovely as the version in the opening screen for Darkened Sea. But we are definitely heading in the right direction!
  19. Cordilya Elder

Old?!? To me they look like they're in their 20s. How young would you like them to look?!?
  20. Cordilya Elder

lol ... FV is over 50 years old now? Never quite thought of it that way!