LOVE Firiona Vie's new look!!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cordilya, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Fenudir Augur

The only issue I have with Firiona's new look is the same one I have with anyone in the revamped HF armor. They all look like they desperately need to eat a cheeseburger.
    Cordilya likes this.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

That's kind of a ridiculous sentiment, there being scantily clad toons and enemies in the game doesn't directly inhibit your enjoyment. While not saying it's even close (yes, there are more female for a male-majority playerbase), there also some half naked male types in the game that some of us don't enjoy, but we keep on playing. It's fantasy, the men look like roided bodybuilders and the women look like overly sexed bikini models. It's not supposed to resemble reality.

Always hated Barbarians because of this. We need a new zone: Halas Burning! :)
    Cordilya likes this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

Have you seen a female troll recently?
    Cordilya likes this.
  4. Pwnography Augur

#gamergate
  5. Cordilya Elder

So true! :p
    Fenudir likes this.
  6. Cordilya Elder

Yeah, I didn't say it hinders my enjoyment. It just annoys me. But not enough to boycott the game.

And that's true, that there are scantily clad male characters, too, especially if they've been killed and their corpse is still lying out there somewhere. Or if they're newbie Drakkin males.:D
  7. Ploww Lorekeeper

What do you expect when everyone eats iron rations and foraged roots.
    Fenudir and Cordilya like this.
  8. Cordilya Elder

We should try that in RL, eh?

I love how EQ players are often so witty. :)
  9. Naugrin Augur

Oops sorry. I thought I remembered something soe made saying "iksar necromancer and high elf wizard" about the kunark cover.....hell it may even have been about the figurines. I took it at face value and just assumed she turned into an all classes type of character over the years. I realize this holds no weight as i think the iksar was actually a shaman /shrug. But now that I think about it wasnt there some enchanter vibes in one of the eq novels?

Regardless, I promise that the girl portraying her at the 05 fan faire did NOT seem like a holy knight /grin.
  10. Danille Augur

I keep telling you guys to make skimpy armor and robes and sell them in marketplace. You would make more money than you do selling expansions! :D
    Cordilya likes this.
  11. Riou EQResource

That is based on Comic Books though and I believe they had one of DC's top artist dudes who helped on making it fit the DC world and that (at least in the initial game), not sure how much SOE say has in changing classic character appearances
  12. Riou EQResource

At least the art work is pretty proper to what females would wear with proper plate :p (at least if they wanted to live while fighting anyway)
    Cordilya likes this.
  13. Rainbowdash Augur

Meh I've never liked these arguments. I've lived my entire life as an 'equalist'. I've lived by the belief everyone regardless of gender/race/sexuality etc should be treated equal and that the only thing you should judge someone for is their actions, more specifically if they harm or negatively influence another person in any way. I'm an adult that likes ponies for Luclin's sake, i'm not allowed to judge =.=. However these kind of arguments kinda make me mads. They almost always open up with claiming all women everywhere are disgusted by scantily clad fictional figures. There are certainly many vocal groups that dislike it, however, many women (no where near the minority...) are indifferent to or even like it. It's forcing an opinion down another woman's throat and taking away the very freedoms (..of choice) you claim to fight for by making the argument in the first place. By making the decision for them. It should always be about your right to choose, if you wanna wear a metal bikini go ahead, wanna wear something that's actually logical, go ahead. Rather than go to war to have one or the other taken away.

I could go into more but I think that's long winded and off topic enough. And besides, all of that being said, I too support this change. Dark Elves are supposed to be scantily clad. They always have been, in nearly every depiction. But High Elves? It always seemed wrong... and out of the ordinary for a high elf. A Dark Elf sure, Wood Elf maybe (they kinda have a more 'human' mindset of things. Or perhaps they are just so preoccupied with nature that clothes in general, let alone how much/little they cover, is of no concern as it's a product of the civilized world) but High Elf I never understood it. Besides, this thread alone proves most thought she was a caster. She's a pally! She never had the armor, the sword, or the unicorn mount with the rainbow trail. How were we supposed to know???

The biggest question to ask though...is will she ever use Act of Valor? It's the Paladin's most useful ability after all! Had a pally use it on me once because ramp dropped me to 98%. He saved my life ;_;
    Cordilya likes this.
  14. Romance Augur

Do you want to date my avatar?
    Metanis, Iila and Edrick like this.
  15. Koveras Elder

I think she should use both forms, all depending on the circumstances involved.
  16. Agrippa Augur

[IMG]

The real Firiona Vie
    Rainbowdash and Ozni like this.
  17. Riou EQResource

It would be nice if she got a modern unique model instead of being a generic high elf, probably same for Lanys since she is in a lot of stuff too as Firiona's counter
    Cordilya likes this.
  18. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

EQ2:
    [IMG]

EQ1 (Original appearance):
    [IMG]

EQ1 (With daddy):
    [IMG]

EQ1 (Armored in "The War"):
    [IMG]

EQ (Heroic Armor, TDS):
    [IMG]

She is just like any other warrior. Armor on, when needed, armor off when relaxing... or kidnapped.. or in a tower...
    Roshen and Cordilya like this.
  19. Rainbowdash Augur

When is this model going in? :( There was a thread on it over a year ago. Someone (Dzarn i believe) said it is locked up in a file-vault. I think he said it had no animations, could just copy Luclin female high elf anims i thinks.
  20. Fendy Augur

Let's leave ex-wives out of this. :)
    Cordilya likes this.