Update Bugs 05/21/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, May 21, 2014.

1. Iila Augur

The Tower of Rot raid instance is super laggy. My ping is fine, but the video lag is insane once the event starts. Spending the whole fight being stuck at 5fps is terrible and makes the event even harder than it should be.
  2. feiddan Augur

Looks like they improved them since they showed up on Test.

We don't get the Pugilists Focus to show up or work at all (but it does proc).

I think the intent is a worn proc (e.g., Shawl 2.0 and 3.0, the War shield aug, etc). So the effect is worn but still has to be triggered. A little goofy if it's going to become ubiquitous.
  3. Edrick Augur

You can now /target any NPC, PC, or object in the zone, no matter how far away you are from them.
  4. Naugrin Augur

I have no words.
  5. Kreacher Augur

(c) Fatbuk 2012
  6. Stell_CT Elder

Agreed, Our entire raid force had this issue. I am doing the group version of the raid at the moment and it is even laggy.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

The reason a ridiculous amount of time was invested in the raid today was because of a handicap. Not the raid dynamics, but the fact that you literally have a hard time moving, looking, casting, etc in that area. It's not the event, the whole area is laggy BEFORE the event starts out. Who designed this, and was there any testing of the raid? It appears as if the textures are too compact. Even after turning off spell effects (so that pots on the table no longer have flames), after lowering actor clipping plane, etc -- you still run with 5-10 frames per second. Move the raid outside of the room and it's lag free, visually.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Iila Augur

Clip plane doesn't even DO anything in the instance. I had it at 0 and nothing changed in the raid, but when I zoned into DH or GH, I could only see 10ft in front of me.

Half the difficulty of the raid comes from having to deal with terrible targeting, casting and moving through the lag. Anything you try to do with the mouse just does not work most of the time.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Calia Journeyman

"The zone path window cannot be opened because there is no active path."

Cmon guys, this is getting annoying.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Edrick Augur

What's strange about the video lag in the raid version of The Fall of Bayle is that the group version of the instance does not have that lag. And it isn't because there are less people in it - people have been in the raid version by themselves after/before the raid by themselves and its still very, very graphically laggy.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. feiddan Augur

Clip plane works vastly differently in new zones compared to old zones.

It's frustrating in general, as some of the new zones can give me lag during raids. I try to cut down on it, but even with clip plane at 0, I still have a significant field of vision (compared to just the guild lobby, when that's only 5-10' in front of me).
  12. Drewie Augur

The "Defender of Qeynos" achievement gives no points.

The Replica of the Qeynos Claymore reward for the "Greater Hero of the Call" achievement shows as a bag when clicking the Preview button.
  13. Perplexed Augur

Bold red is the problem I was having with the raid. At one point all action was in extreme slow motion for several seconds, then suddenly caught up at warp speed. It somewhat reminded me of Fumerak (sp) raid lag :(
  14. Raen Journeyman

Brother Estle #1: Life After Death

Extreme line-of-sight issues where you zone in at. Cannot cast on things 10'. They path around invisible barriers that don't seem to make sense.
  15. Ayoheee Augur

When doing A Rotten Heart tower of rot mission #1 5 of 6 groupmates completely froze while fighting Adana Baxter.
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

Our entire group froze on the second Adana encounter. We had to re-open EQ, came back and that task step had progressed and Adana had moved on. Apparently the event script forced our EQ clients to freeze up.

Reproducible, I've heard of this happening on this event before.
    Ayoheee and Yinla like this.
  17. guado Augur

so every class can track now? Quillmane is the first thing that comes to mind.... yet ANOTHER reason to not be a druid =(
  18. Fenthen aka Rath

Are you still going after a levitation cloak? ;p
  19. guado Augur

just a dire charm fantasy
  20. Raen Journeyman

Brother Estle #2: Remember the Dead.

Gormley has no attack animation. Just stands there rigid.